View Full Version : Plug forum: buying/selling/trading

ANY LUCK?
07-15-2010, 11:11 PM
Hey team,

What are everyone's thoughts on starting up a buy/sell/trade forum on this site for plugs?

Any Luck?

Frankiesurf
07-15-2010, 11:55 PM
Couldn't hurt.

flyvice11787
07-16-2010, 12:15 AM
That's why there's a Classified Forum :uhuh:.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

piemma
07-16-2010, 03:40 AM
Great idea. Then we will be just like SOL!:fury::smash:

UserRemoved1
07-16-2010, 04:30 AM
BIG money generator for tammy he takes 20% profit on every single piece sold in there. $5 out of every $25 lure.

I would bet you right now that if you went in that forum that there are at LEAST 10 maybe 20 people who are not paying the sportfishing exise tax. Not to mention sales taxes and income tax.

Not a tax freak but at least do the %$%$%$%$ above the table like people who DO....

This bull%$%$%$%$ is coming out of each and every one of your pockets.

Think about this next time someone bitches an epo didn't show up or your states stocking program put less fish out for you to catch.

Go spend your money in your local shop.

The Dad Fisherman
07-16-2010, 05:07 AM
Screw That......

piemma
07-16-2010, 05:18 AM
BIG money generator for tammy he takes 20% profit on every single piece sold in there. $5 out of every $25 lure.

I would bet you right now that if you went in that forum that there are at LEAST 10 maybe 20 people who are not paying the sportfishing exise tax. Not to mention sales taxes and income tax.

Not a tax freak but at least do the %$%$%$%$ above the table like people who DO....

This bull%$%$%$%$ is coming out of each and every one of your pockets.

Think about this next time someone bitches an epo didn't show up or your states stocking program put less fish out for you to catch.

Go spend your money in your local shop.

Exactly my point Scotty

Raven
07-16-2010, 05:40 AM
trades are always better for ANYTHING
because thus far it is not taxable...

that being said... while i agree with you 100% SALTY

i also have to point out that our GOOD tax dollars taken directly
from fishermen were not spent on improving the resource
because other people stole it for their own GAIN
and i have yet to see heads roll or anyone go to jail over it.

The last thing S-B wants to do is be like the Other site.

JohnR
07-16-2010, 06:29 AM
Hey team,

What are everyone's thoughts on starting up a buy/sell/trade forum on this site for plugs?

Any Luck?

There has been some consideration for it but it would need to be fully legit. However, since I'm so far behind on other stuff to get done - not any time soon :wall:

piemma
07-16-2010, 08:23 AM
There has been some consideration for it but it would need to be fully legit. However, since I'm so far behind on other stuff to get done - not any time soon :wall:

Thank God and John. The last thing we need is RM Smith plug wars.

johnny ducketts
07-16-2010, 08:46 AM
I bid 600.00 for a mostly used boone needlefish, with one rusty treble hook and a broken screw eye. :)

Dad 818
07-16-2010, 09:15 AM
I bid 600.00 for a mostly used boone needlefish, with one rusty treble hook and a broken screw eye. :)

jd, I got 8 of those. Package deal?

luds
07-16-2010, 09:21 AM
Hey team,

Any Luck?

Are you talking about a forum that builders would be selling their own stuff in or one that a guy like you or me would sell plugs we didn't build but we're not using? I was thinking the latter but everyone else seems to be thinking your talking about stuff you build.

ANY LUCK?
07-16-2010, 09:26 AM
No commercial sales. All plugs that we did not build (RM, BM, GRS, etc.) that we bought, but have doubles of, or couldn't afford in the first place, etc.

bassballer
07-16-2010, 09:31 AM
Cant you just sell them in the classifieds?

Rob Rockcrawler
07-16-2010, 09:31 AM
I think the current classified forum works in its present format. It has a little bit of everything in there.

luds
07-16-2010, 09:46 AM
No commercial sales. All plugs that we did not build (RM, BM, GRS, etc.) that we bought, but have doubles of, or couldn't afford in the first place, etc.

Gotcha, I'd have to agree that we don't need a sub forum. There's not enough volume in the classifieds forum to warrant it.

fishbones
07-16-2010, 10:08 AM
I agree that the regular classifieds here are fine. I'd hate to see it get like it is on the other site.

On a side note, keep an eye on the classifieds in the next week or so if you like custom plugs. If things keep going the way they have been for me, I may be looking to trade some of my plugs for golf clubs.:wall:

PaulS
07-16-2010, 10:13 AM
The current classified seems good enough.

zacs
07-16-2010, 02:27 PM
I have RM & BM & more in the classified now without a whiff... That place doesn't seem to have much traffic... or maybe my prices are high???

UserRemoved1
07-16-2010, 02:33 PM
No I think the market has become flooded with the stuff and people don't have money to spend on stuff like that right now.

Look at timmies site there's dozens of threads in there of people trying to sell the same stuff.

rphud
07-16-2010, 05:55 PM
I still want a beer forum..........

and a Block leg too!

luds
07-17-2010, 06:30 PM
No I think the market has become flooded with the stuff and people don't have money to spend on stuff like that right now.

Look at timmies site there's dozens of threads in there of people trying to sell the same stuff.

The plug madness is more of an off season thing. I'm an expert on the subject. :smash: