View Full Version : Trailer Hitch Help

The Dad Fisherman
07-16-2010, 11:43 AM
Looking to get a hitch on the truck....I'm a trailer hitch newby :hee: so I don't know where to begin on this.

I have a 2002 Nissan Frontier, doesn't look to be anything attached to the frame underneath so I'm assuming I need everything...

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

ecduzitgood
07-16-2010, 12:09 PM
There should be trailer hitches available for your make and model that just bolt on. The instructions are very easy to follow and will only require removal of exsisting hardware like the bolts on the bumper bracket for example. Not a tough job at all if you have the tools.

nightfighter
07-16-2010, 03:16 PM
Kev,
Get an estimate for installation at UHaul, and then just buy their parts and install yourself, or with some help here a my shop...... I will also check with John at the Boat Shop here in town to see what he has for attachments. And there's this;
http://www.etrailer.com/vehicle-finder.aspx?hhyear=2002&hhmake=Nissan&hhmodel=Frontier

fishsmith
07-16-2010, 08:11 PM
With the help of google, I put one on my crv, bought the parts from uhaul.

jredfly
07-16-2010, 09:39 PM
You probably aleady know this but just in case remember that the ball should be either even or slightly higher than the trailer. You do not want the trailer pointing downward.

ecduzitgood
07-16-2010, 10:53 PM
The ball height is not an issue with the hitch, you can get different size toungues for the right fit.

gf2020
07-17-2010, 06:15 PM
Just go to The Trailer Shop in Danvers and have them do it right.

The Trailer Shop - Home (http://www.the-trailer-shop.com/)

jredfly
07-18-2010, 09:37 PM
The ball height is not an issue with the hitch, you can get different size toungues for the right fit.

Thanks for your further clarrification. That is exactly as you stated to get the right size so the ball is at the correct hieght. I just didn't want him to damage his vehicle or endanger himself and others. You see a lot of people towing boats that are not riding properly. Thx :)