View Full Version : bike alarm

ecduzitgood
07-17-2010, 08:12 AM
Hearing about the recent thefts of Canal cruisers got me thinking, I need an alarm for mine. Yesterday I was in a thrift shop run by the Lions club and found one. It's runs on 4 C-batteries and just loud enough for me to hear while fishing. It has a motion sensor and when activated it moves while singing Bad to the bone, and it gets even better it glows in the dark. It needed a little zap a gap repair and I plan on painting "took one of my plugs" above the fish and "don't let this happen to you below" if it will fit or something similar and I am open for suggestions.

JohnnyD
07-17-2010, 08:18 AM
That's too funny.
Hearing about the recent thefts of Canal cruisers got me thinking
While people are fishing?

ecduzitgood
07-17-2010, 08:31 AM
I chosed not to be specific so that some folks may fish elsewhere;) But in all seriousness while I'm fishing it will let me know when someone is near my trike, and has ODMike says "I am just keeping them honest". There are many things stolen down there when your back is turned.

JohnnyD
07-17-2010, 09:04 AM
I chosed not to be specific so that some folks may fish elsewhere;) But in all seriousness while I'm fishing it will let me know when someone is near my trike, and has ODMike says "I am just keeping them honest". There are many things stolen down there when your back is turned.

Scumbags everywhere. I fish a lot of overnights, but prefer the early mornings. At least by early morning, the drugs and 40s have kicked in and they're all passed out on the couch we bought for them.

justplugit
07-17-2010, 10:02 AM
Scumbags everywhere. At least by early morning, the drugs and 40s have kicked in and they're all passed out on the couch we bought for them.

:rotflmao: Waaay to funnie JD. :btu:

Swimmer
07-17-2010, 03:52 PM
Whats wrong with just cable locking the wheels together so anyone who'd tried to ride off on your cruiser went ass over tea kettle. Thats what I do.

BigFish
07-17-2010, 04:26 PM
I have a live grenade now that I rig the wheel to the pin!!! Bike moves an inch and a half, pin pulls and 20 seconds later (as the thief straddles the bike) the grenade detonates......turning the would be thief into a useless pile of hamburger!!!!!:devil2: Pretty effetive!!!:uhuh:

ecduzitgood
07-17-2010, 04:48 PM
Whats wrong with just cable locking the wheels together so anyone who'd tried to ride off on your cruiser went ass over tea kettle. Thats what I do.

I also do that so they would have to carry it away and it's a trike so good luck. Sometimes I don't want to take everything out of the basket, like when seeing a fish and trying to cast on it fast. If I have my back turned and am not watching, it will let me know when someone gets near my gear so I can watch them.

ecduzitgood
07-18-2010, 06:48 AM
Might have to get this swearing finger so when I'm fishing, anyone getting to close will set it off and maybe they'll get the message ;)

Backbeach Jake
07-18-2010, 08:06 AM
Bike Bicycle Security Alarm Steal Lock Moped 80dB - eBay (item 280534067670 end time Aug-12-10 00:48:14 PDT) (http://cgi.ebay.com/Bike-Bicycle-Security-Alarm-Steal-Lock-Moped-80dB-/280534067670?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41512229d6)

ecduzitgood
07-18-2010, 08:51 AM
I saw that but it would only sense the bike being moved, I'm concerned with them taking something out of the basket. I think having something that lets me know someone is close to the bike will do because then I'll watch them. I do lock the trike already so it isn't going anywhere, it's the grab and go guys I want to keep honest.