View Full Version : Lost my invite....

nightfighter
07-17-2010, 04:23 PM
Another Peter Lynch spectacular is underway here in town. They rented out the houses on either side of theirs, and had massive climate controlled tents erected over the past five weeks. This is the third daughter, so we know that the fireworks display will rival Boston's on the 4th.

Here are some shots I took this morning.

nightfighter
07-17-2010, 04:25 PM
more

gf2020
07-17-2010, 06:08 PM
Your link does not work but the Lynch's always throw a good party. Tonight's fireworks should be pretty good.

luds
07-17-2010, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Should make for an interesting night for anyone heading into the surf around the neck tonight.

american spirit
07-17-2010, 08:17 PM
that'll be over monday right? better be.

nightfighter
07-17-2010, 09:07 PM
Fireworks were probably the best I've seen.....

Sorry about the link. Here's the story

Lynch Wedding Preparations Are Underway
Locals can take part in the celebration by watching a fireworks display Saturday night.
By Katie Curley-Katzman July 15, 2010
While there has been chatter downtown about the wedding of the year, on the Neck, preparations are underway.

Fidelity bigwig Peter Lynch's daughter Elizabeth will marry French count and lawyer Gonzaque Mariede Montrichard of Paris.

Harbormaster Charles Dalferro has confirmed Lynch has taken out the correct permits to launch a spectacular fireworks display over the harbor on Saturday night.

While the time is unknown, what is known is the wedding festivities start thursday when the wedding party and guests (including 40 from Paris) will attend the Boston Red Sox game, according to a Red Sox executive.

Friday's schedule will include a harbor cruise around Marblehead Harbor followed by a clam bake rehearsal dinner. In addition, the guests have the option of taking a bus from Marblehead to Boston for a variety of tours, including a duck tour. Buses are being parked at the high school.

The wedding ceremony will take place at Our Lady Star of The Sea Church at 6 p.m. and Cardinal Sean O'Malley will be presiding.

According to church staff, the family will decorate the church prior to the 4 p.m. Mass and then come back at 5 p.m. to lay a white runner down the aisle.

Preparations can be seen from the tip of Marblehead Neck and include tenting and staging areas. Insiders have said it is expected to be quite the gala, similar to Lynch's other daughters weddings. The best vantage points to take part in the celebration and watch the fireworks are Fort Sewall and Crocker Park.

The wedding weekend will finish with more opportunity for duck tours for out-of-town guests and a Sunday brunch.

MarshCappa
07-18-2010, 07:57 PM
Pretty obnoxious if you ask me. At least the locals get to see the fireworks though. I'm so sick of rich snobs.

nightfighter
07-18-2010, 08:46 PM
Hey, I'll give him credit. He could lose the estimated $5 mil in the market next week.Why not spend it doting on his daughter? He is on record as saying he wanted to spend it here in the local community and the state economy. He's very approachable, and spends a great deal on philanthropic ventures. Over the top???? Yeah, but he knows how to throw a party..... Still waiting to confirm what bands were there.....