View Full Version : SSG Christopher Potts Tournament

basswipe
07-18-2010, 02:14 PM
That time will be here in a couple of months.This is by far one of the most worthy causes any fisherman could ever be involved in.

The follwing info is courtesy of Michael Scott Littlefield of Aquidneck Island Striper Team:

This year’s tournament will start on September 3rd at noon and end at midnight September 11th. The benefit will be held at the Portuguese American Club in Portsmouth on Sunday, September 12th (ALL DAY). Tickets are $25.00 and can be purchased at Riverside Marine 401-625-5181, Sam’s Bait and Tackle 401-848-5909 and our website www.aistriperteam.com There will be food, prizes, 50/50 raffles, and live music at the benefit.

A little about Chris:

Staff Sergeant Christopher Potts, member of the 1st Battalion, 103D Field Artillery Regiment, Rhode Island National Guard, was killed in the line of duty near Taji, Iraq on Oct. 3, 2004, his 38th birthday.

Also:
Army Sgt. Christopher S. Potts - Honor The Fallen - Honoring those who fought and died in Iraq and Afghanistan - MilitaryTimes.com (http://militarytimes.com/valor/army-sgt-christopher-s-potts/389160/)

http://www.iraqwarheroes.com/potts.htm

John/Mods...Can this be made sticky?

JohnR
07-19-2010, 11:38 AM
IN!

basswipe
07-20-2010, 04:37 PM
Thankyou John!

basswipe
08-08-2010, 09:04 AM
A little update,

There was a problem with the PA club for 9-12-2010, The PA got Doubled Booked. We switched the day of the ceremony to 9-11-2010 which is a Saturday. The Tournament will now end at 1000 Sat morning and awards around 1300. I will keep everyone posted as it progresses.

The Tournament Fee is $25. This will include:
T-shirt
Food
Door Prize Raffle
Live Music
and knowing that you have supported a great cause!

Local bait shops will have tickets or you may sign up online at our website.An additional email will be sent out when tickets are available.

Thanks for your continued support,

Captain Michael S. Littlefield

basswipe
09-11-2010, 05:54 PM
Don't know if any S-B'ers other than Pt-Jude Joe showed but a hell of a good time was had by all at the PA club.

Other than the day I joined the AF today was the most patriotic American thing I've ever done.To see Chris' wife and kids there was amazing,it has to take amazing courage to be reminded of what they lost but at the same time to be so proud that he made the Ultimate Sacrifice.

I was just blown away by what I saw and witnessed today.There really are some good Americans out there still.

JohnR
09-14-2010, 08:36 AM
Wish I had been in town to fish the tourney. Everything I've read about him promotes a seriously stand up guy.