View Full Version : Truck stolen in Mansfield

JohnnyD
07-22-2010, 02:18 PM
There are a lot of people on here from Mansfield, so I'd figure I'd post about it.

Saw on Facebook this morning that my friend's dad's truck was stolen in Mansfield - not sure where exactly yet. I've known the family for a while and I'm guessing he was parked near the center of town where he works.

He posts an update: "haha, now hear this... just got a call from the cumberland rhode-island police department. The durango was involved in a highspeed chase, which was ended when it rolled over in smithfield RI."

Here's a link to the active news story:
http://www.wpri.com/dpp/news/local_news/smithfield-farnum-pike-crash-chase

I'll post an update when I find out more.

RIJIMMY
07-22-2010, 02:20 PM
I know a guy that lives in mansfield and used to drive to Smithfield everyday.....hmmm?

ecduzitgood
07-22-2010, 02:29 PM
I hope the insurance company treats you well, cause that ain't buffin out.:cens:scumbags

fishbones
07-22-2010, 02:38 PM
I hope the injured people weren't innocent bystanders. Sounds pretty serious.

JohnnyD
07-22-2010, 02:50 PM

Agreed. It seems like that vehicle was the only on involved in the crash. Hopefully, the only ones injured were the scumbags... and those injuries are life-ending. I hate thieves.

Swimmer
07-22-2010, 03:18 PM
Agreed. It seems like that vehicle was the only on involved in the crash. Hopefully, the only ones injured were the scumbags... and those injuries are life-ending. I hate thieves.

Maybe they were texting some drug dealing scumbag and weren't paying attention.

JohnnyD
07-22-2010, 03:30 PM
From the updated news article:
Rescue crews extricated Rosa and three passengers from the vehicle and transported them to Rhode Island Hospital with traumatic injuries.

The crash sent a lot of debris, including beer cans, into one man's yard.

Now the beer cans is funny. I haven't talked to the family in a few months, but the dad was a manager at a liquor store.

FishermanTim
07-22-2010, 03:43 PM
Reminds me of an episode of NCIS where Agent Dinoso (?) had his car stolen and ended up seeing it on the evening news in a police chase where it rear-ended a tractor-trailer and was totaled.
(The film footage was from an actual car chase that the driver survived after being ejected from the car.)

Imagine seeing YOUR vehicle in the news?

I had a co-worker whose station wagon (yeah, a real hot looking car!) stolen and used in a string of bank robberies from Malden into Arlington. She got it back, but only AFTER the FBI had gone over it with a fine-toothed comb.

Raven
07-22-2010, 04:40 PM
the thieves had to get from Rhody to mansfield some how? :huh:

so....... others are involved it would seem.

Raven
07-23-2010, 04:51 AM
why the charges are

taking a vehicle without consent

instead of grand theft auto...? :huh:

FishermanTim
07-23-2010, 10:47 AM
Probably because they claimed that they "borrowed" the truck, or "it belongs to a friend of ours".
I'm sure once the police question the owner the charges will "probably" be changed to grand theft.

I say probably because in this state the law is whatever the judge decides to enforce that day, not what should be enforced.

Raven
07-23-2010, 10:52 AM
veddy trickee judgee hai

Sweetwater
07-23-2010, 11:59 AM

This line from the story would seem to suggest that the three injured were the passengers and not by-standers.

"Rescue crews extricated Rosa and three passengers from the vehicle and transported them to Rhode Island Hospital with traumatic injuries."

fishbones
07-23-2010, 12:07 PM
This line from the story would seem to suggest that the three injured were the passengers and not by-standers.

"Rescue crews extricated Rosa and three passengers from the vehicle and transported them to Rhode Island Hospital with traumatic injuries."

Yeah, at the time I posted there were no details or names given. The article was updated later. Looks like idiotic kids out for a joyride. It doesn't bother me so much when people get what's coming to them.

buckman
07-23-2010, 05:20 PM
They come to town, visit there friends at the Depot and then steal a ride home after the trains shut down for the night.

"Four seriously hurt in crash" Damn shame

Raider Ronnie
07-23-2010, 07:41 PM
They come to town, visit there friends at the Depot and then steal a ride home after the trains shut down for the night.

"Four seriously hurt in crash" Damn shame

Damn shame they lived !

JohnnyD
07-23-2010, 08:34 PM
Damn shame they lived !
Yup. Now our money has to pay for their health care until it goes towards their extended hotel stay.

Higgie
07-25-2010, 06:11 PM
We just bought our house in mansfield in april and two weeks ago the fiance called the cops because some strange car was fishing around our yard about 6:15 in the morning. Blue mini van.

buckman
07-25-2010, 08:08 PM
We just bought our house in mansfield in april and two weeks ago the fiance called the cops because some strange car was fishing around our yard about 6:15 in the morning. Blue mini van.

Pretty safe place to live for the most part. I wouldn't worry to much.

Higgie
07-26-2010, 11:00 AM
We def think its safe just figured id throw it in seeing as everyone from mansfield on the site has prob looked at this post.