View Full Version : Anyone going to the Worl Fly Expo this weekend?

Fish_Eye
03-13-2003, 04:37 PM
Hi folks,

I'll be doing a couple of seminars this coming Sunday in Wilmington, MA at the Fly Fishing Expo.

If you're going, let me know, and be sure and say hello.

Mike

Slipknot
03-13-2003, 06:30 PM
what are the times, and where in Wilmington is it?

Fish_Eye
03-13-2003, 08:24 PM
Slipknot,

It's at the Shriner's Hall -- details at www.sportshows.com

Lefty, Bob Pop, and a lot of other talented fly guys will be there.

Mike

gf2020
03-14-2003, 09:56 AM
I'll be there after 2:00 PM on Sunday.

nightfighter
03-14-2003, 12:29 PM
I plan on being there Sat afternoon.

flatts1
03-14-2003, 02:43 PM
I'll be there Sunday (ice fishing on sat)

SeaWolf
03-14-2003, 03:18 PM
hey, eye_ball. i'll be there on sunday, most of the late morning thru early afternoon. i'll stop by and see you. maybe we'll share blooberry laughs from the night before. actually, you'll be so sauced the next day from the onslaught of booze being shoved near you that you may not remember anything!

nightfighter
03-15-2003, 05:36 PM
Good show. Saw Slip there with John from SOL, they were on a mission for a vise and some select bucktails. (think they were on the Habs clock) Bucktails, feathers etc. were pretty picked through, at the reasonably priced booths anyway.

Lefty Kreh's talk on casting was worth the drive alone. 78 years young and he sends that line beyond the casting pool with the smoothest motion. Many of his "rules" are applicable to spin and baitcasting I think. FishEye will be there Sunday. If you haven't seen that video, go to the show, or buy it. (I saw some of it at the get together last month)

If you think our gear is expensive, you should see some of the prices these fly reels command. And the Van Stahl booth was vacant, ie. not even set up.

So I got a little bit of a fix, and am a little ornery as I look out at 37 degree water.....

Slip, how'd you like the feathered deceiver fly my friend Dave B made on that leadhead?

Slipknot
03-15-2003, 08:15 PM
Ross, I liked that very much :D
Don't be surprised to see one similar in my bag when I see you out on the Hunk.

We passed on the vise and got no bucktails. Kinda dissapointed.
I did see BobPops flies amoung many others.
Popper John got to see a few of his friends.
The Lefty show saved my day. I learned a great deal in those few short minutes. Worth the 4 hours commute for me.