View Full Version : F'n Thieves!

angler229
08-01-2010, 12:08 PM
So I was out with my fishing partner this morning trying to get our 5 each for the day. We go out to spot #1 and I get 3 and he gets 2. We then go back to the truck and pack them in ice to the point were you can't see the fish under the ice. At this point there are 4 15-18lb fish on the bottom of the cooler and one about 30 on top. So we head back out to spot #2 and we both manage to get two more fish. We get back tot the truck load the fish and head for home. When we get back to his house and start to unload the fish i notice something isn't right, 2 of my fish are gone. So when we went back out someone hopped in the truck unloaded at the least the top 3 fish, as they had to take the bigger one out and then dig 2 of the smaller ones out from under it. Then they proceeded to put the big one back in and pack it in ice. Absolutely unfreaking believable! People Suck!

ProfessorM
08-01-2010, 01:25 PM
WTF, sorry Dan. What the hell is wrong with this world. BTW you did better than I did this morning, sorry you didn't get to reap your reward.

Raven
08-01-2010, 01:27 PM
i guess you had better lock that cooler!

BigFish
08-01-2010, 01:31 PM
Rig it with a trip and some C-4!!!!!!!:fury:

good2hook
08-01-2010, 01:45 PM
people are unbelievable

jimmy z
08-01-2010, 01:47 PM
Sorry to hear that Dan. Nothing is safe, with a thief in the midst.

rizzo
08-01-2010, 02:00 PM
Unbelievable, it will catch up with them eventually.

ridler72
08-01-2010, 02:17 PM
Sorry to hear that. That's like stealing cash out of your pocket. It was probably a Comm Vigilante or a Comm who needed 2 for their 5.

Agree with others, lock everything up if you can.

Diggin Jiggin
08-01-2010, 02:37 PM
That sucks Dan, but when I saw the title of the thread I thought I was going to read that someone stole all your gear.

tattoobob
08-01-2010, 02:56 PM
That just proves what I always say "People Suck Period"

Sorry for your loss

Saltheart
08-01-2010, 05:25 PM
First time I ever heard of that. I have had blues get swiped when I had them in a pile on the beach (for smoking later that day) but right out of the cooler is pretty bad!

Slingah
08-01-2010, 06:30 PM
my guess it's an inside job....or prank...:uhuh:

PRBuzz
08-01-2010, 06:34 PM

so they are going to return them all filleted and ready to eat?

Slipknot
08-01-2010, 07:00 PM
:hs: unbelievable :hs: sorry to hear that Dan

It was probably a Comm Vigilante or a Comm who needed 2 for their 5.

I doubt that, if it were then the 30 would have been gone definately. some bum wanted to take home his 2 keepers most likely, and went by his truck, checked the cooler and took advantage of dan's hard work.:smash:

yes, people suck

Thumper
08-01-2010, 08:29 PM
thats crazy man, ppl do suck these days. thats worse than clowns trying to take pictures of your fish then go and tell everyone "o look at this fish i got". there are two known charters in my town that do that, one guy that will literally follow you around to see where you fish its nuts. it got so bad that i literally told him that if he didn't knock his crap off he was going to be swimming with the fishes, haven't seen him sense. maybe islander77 will chime in on his run in with this fellow last year.

angler229
08-01-2010, 08:41 PM

so they are going to return them all filleted and ready to eat?

If that is the case they better return a $100 bill.

That sucks Dan, but when I saw the title of the thread I thought I was going to read that someone stole all your gear.

You know what's crazy I had my box of odds and ends in the back of the truck as well. In which there was a stuffed plug bag and there was another bag full of plugs as well. But this a$$ clown wanted the fish. And Slip is right if this was a comm. guy they would have taken the bigger fish but they actually took the time to dig out the two smallest ones.

Squid kids Dad
08-01-2010, 09:21 PM
I only hope they took them to feed there family..Still sucks tho

BassDawg
08-01-2010, 09:50 PM
here's another angle~~~

could this guy have been out of work for

~~fill in the blank~~

and just trying to feed his family?

i get that you worked hard for them, and
it would've been better had he asked you for them.
or he could've left you a couple of Jacksons instead of empty handed.

yet, i have a feeling that these won't be the only 15 - 18 pounders
you'll land this year, nor do i condone his actions,,,,,,,,,,,

just trying to sea the silver lining, in that, your fishing mojo will prolly skyrocket now, some family gets fed, you didn't lose any tackle, and perhaps your "generosity" will be handsomely rewarded with a FIDDY or two??

only time and tides will tell, my brutha~~~
sort of gives NEW meaning to catch and release!!
:bl: :bl: :bl:

Raven
08-01-2010, 09:53 PM
when i was growing up we would collect projectiles for winging
them at rival kids... in the ole neighborhood

one of special choice was big narley acorns,,,man they hurt
getting smacked upside your head.....

so anyways, i had a whole foot locker full of them (reserve ammo)
for an all out war.... hidden in the basement for special occasions.

well one day, an acorn war broke out and it escalated into
a bigger and bigger battle until it was time to break out
special weaponry.... so i open the foot locker that should have
contained a good thousand acorns and discovered that a secret shelf
had been built just underneath the top layer->
and the bottom of the trunk was now Hollow.

immediately! i suspected my carpenter brother
....as only he would have devised such a diabolical plan of espionage and thievery !

the way this went down where only small fish were taken leaving the big one
reminded me of that....and i would follow thru that the person was a fisherman in my mind...........
and was only taking what was the legal limit of fish to have in their possession.

Finaddict
08-01-2010, 10:00 PM
Regardless of what it was ... low class ... that's it.

thortum
08-02-2010, 01:41 PM
BEARS!!!! I'm surprised (and your lucky) that they didn't eat them all. At least they repacked them for you. :devil2:

p.s. They only ate their limit.

angler229
08-06-2010, 11:36 AM
The SAGA continues...

So Wednesday night I'm fishing with the same person who's cooler I had my fish stolen out of. This time we are about 50 miles from the previous incedent. Fishing was terrible with nothing to show for our efforts but upon returning to the truck we open the cooler to find a fish. :smash: So either someone is really screwing with me or one of the weirdest coincidences ever. And no one has stepped up to claim leaving the fish in the cooler. :huh:

Sea Dangles
08-06-2010, 11:53 AM
fascinating

Raven
08-06-2010, 12:01 PM
and the PLOT THICKENS........................................ :devil2:

JohnR
08-06-2010, 01:04 PM
I was asked if i did it (was at scene of the uncrime) and the shock, dismay, and giggles was at maximum. Whoever did it - funny ;)
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Pete F.
08-06-2010, 01:05 PM
I think you have a magic cooler.
I'll have to remember this one.

redlite
08-06-2010, 01:08 PM
Amusingly perplexing.

This is how I would descibe the other nite.

For Dan It was like losing a tooth, putting it under your pillow, having the toothfairy come, take the tooth, but leave the money under your sister's pillow. I had the same feeling then............:love:

Back Beach
08-06-2010, 02:00 PM
Whoever is doing it is likely retalliating against redlite for all the "eel on the antenna" pranks.:laugha:

I still owe him for the bra...:uhuh:

Something tells me the other fish will show up at some point. :angel:

angler229
08-06-2010, 02:08 PM
Whoever is doing it is likely retalliating against redlite for all the "eel on the antenna" pranks.:laugha:

I still owe him for the bra...:uhuh:

Something tells me the other fish will show up at some point. :angel:

Too funny I was telling my coworkers the story and that was the explanation I came up with.

Back Beach
08-06-2010, 02:13 PM
Too funny I was telling my coworkers the story and that was the explanation I came up with.

Yep, your loss was simply collateral damage...Redlite was probably the target.

Saltheart
08-07-2010, 10:42 AM
Someone is definitely playing with your brain. :)

UserRemoved1
08-07-2010, 12:21 PM
burp