View Full Version : Congratulations

UserRemoved1
08-02-2010, 01:00 PM
Obama and his regime have reached CRITICAL DUMBASS.

I wish to congratulate your utter stupidity.

EPA to Crack Down on Farm Dust - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports | (http://www.news9.com/Global/story.asp?S=12899662)

buckman
08-02-2010, 01:14 PM
The EPA is out of control. Be it lead paint regulations, wood stove smoke or farmdust. EPA = job killers:fury:

UserRemoved1
08-02-2010, 01:40 PM
farm dust.

And we pay these people's salaries? :yak5:

FishermanTim
08-02-2010, 03:29 PM
I always wanted to know how they grew dust?

That's like the states that have laws against collecting rainwater, claiming that you're STEALING the governments water, water that is falling from the frickin' sky!

spence
08-02-2010, 03:43 PM
The EPA has regulated dust for some time, in fact President Bush took a lot of flack for tightening some dust standards which impacted farming.

Federal court upholds EPA's rural dust rule - NYTimes.com (http://www.nytimes.com/gwire/2009/02/25/25greenwire-federal-court-upholds-epas-rural-dust-rule-9867.html)

Were you outraged then as well?

-spence

UserRemoved1
08-02-2010, 04:32 PM
No cuz I liked the EPA back then they had a good boss. :rotf2:

detbuch
08-02-2010, 04:41 PM
The EPA has regulated dust for some time, in fact President Bush took a lot of flack for tightening some dust standards which impacted farming.

Federal court upholds EPA's rural dust rule - NYTimes.com (http://www.nytimes.com/gwire/2009/02/25/25greenwire-federal-court-upholds-epas-rural-dust-rule-9867.html)

Were you outraged then as well?

-spence

Well, you did say that Bush "took a lot of flack."

BTW, this often using Bush's doing something that agrees with "liberals" or environmentalists, or some group or idea that is not, presumably, "conservative," . . . is that supposed to be some kind of validation for those things? Is it somehow supposed to make those who are of a "conservative" bent go . . . OH . . . OK then . . . if Bush did it, it's OK?

Not everything that Bush did makes so-called conservatives happy. Though he may have been preferable to them than someone further to the left of what you call the spectrum, he is still one in the long line of POTUS's that has expanded Federal executive power away from the limited scope that was originally intended. If anything, Bush is evidence to support the idea that the Federal Government is constantly growing at the expense of local government. He may have appointed a couple of SCOTUS Judges that my help to stay or slow that direction. A couple more will be needed. That remains to be seen.

detbuch
08-02-2010, 04:43 PM
No cuz I liked the EPA back then they had a good boss. :rotf2:

:rotf2:rotf2::rotf2:: I should have waited a few minutes longer. I like your answer to Spence better than mine.

scottw
08-02-2010, 05:10 PM
. . . OH . . . OK then . . . if Bush did it, it's OK?

I now view the Bush years through the prism of a frequent Obamaism....it could have been WHOLE lot worse...we could have had Gore or Kerry.....:biglaugh:

The Dad Fisherman
08-02-2010, 05:52 PM
PETA is going to be pissed....think of the impact this will have on all the Dust Bunnies

spence
08-02-2010, 05:55 PM
BTW, this often using Bush's doing something that agrees with "liberals" or environmentalists, or some group or idea that is not, presumably, "conservative," . . . is that supposed to be some kind of validation for those things? Is it somehow supposed to make those who are of a "conservative" bent go . . . OH . . . OK then . . . if Bush did it, it's OK?
Usually I might employ it to counter an assertion that Obama's actions are unprecedented or extraordinarily radical.

Not everything that Bush did makes so-called conservatives happy. Though he may have been preferable to them than someone further to the left of what you call the spectrum, he is still one in the long line of POTUS's that has expanded Federal executive power away from the limited scope that was originally intended. If anything, Bush is evidence to support the idea that the Federal Government is constantly growing at the expense of local government. He may have appointed a couple of SCOTUS Judges that my help to stay or slow that direction. A couple more will be needed. That remains to be seen.
I'd agree that many Conservatives were quite unhappy with Bush from his position on immigration or rampant spending to the neocon influence on the post 9/11 response to terrorism.

I think history will look at Bush as a big government president with a belief in a strong Executive Branch. The question is, how did all those GOP Senators and Representatives suddenly go all Tea Party?

What happened?

-spence