View Full Version : EEE mosquito Spraying tonight SE MASS

striperman36
08-05-2010, 05:36 PM
UPDATE: List of Towns to be Sprayed, by Date
Weather permitting, the following towns are scheduled to be sprayed tonight, Thursday August 5: Bridgewater, Carver, East Bridgewater, Halifax, Hanson, Lakeville, Marion, Mattapoisett, Middleborough, Pembroke, Plympton, Rochester, Wareham, and West Bridgewater. Note: if spraying of these towns is not completed on August 5, it will resume on Friday August 6.

Weather permitting, the following towns are scheduled to be sprayed Friday, August 6: Acushnet, Berkley, Dartmouth, Duxbury, Easton, Fairhaven, Freetown, Kingston, New Bedford, Norton, Plymouth, Raynham, and Taunton.

Spraying each night will take place between 8pm and 3am. During these hours, residents in cities and towns scheduled to be sprayed should close their windows, turn off window fans, shut off air conditioners unless they have a "re-circulate indoor air" feature, and keep pets indoors. If skin or clothes are exposed to pesticide, wash with soap and warm water. Wash any homegrown fruits and vegetables if they've been exposed to pesticide.

Department of Public Health - Health and Human Services (http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=eohhs2agencylanding&L=4&L0=Home&L1=Government&L2=Departments+and+Divisions&L3=Department+of+Public+Health&sid=Eeohhs2)

Raven
08-06-2010, 04:43 AM
what were they spraying? sounds pretty lethal ta me

Swimmer
08-06-2010, 09:28 AM
Atr 9 p.m. last night the twin engine Cesna flew right over my roof about 80' off the deck.

ProfessorM
08-06-2010, 09:56 AM
saw a low flying plane at 11:30 last nite in S. Middleborough on my way home from work. Thought it was going in for a crash landing but remembered the spraying.

fishbones
08-06-2010, 10:02 AM
We're getting it tonight between 8pm and 3am. Should be fun for me and the kid getting to sleep with no AC.:fury:

My wife must have known this was gonna happen. She's going into Boston with a couple of her girlfriends for dinner and shopping and they're staying overnight at a hotel.