View Full Version : Pogies around boston?

StriperWriter
08-09-2010, 02:56 PM
Hey guys, I was wondering how everyone is doing finding pogies these days? I figure we're all hard core striper guys obviously, and we should share this info with each other and not those guys who fish 4 times a summer and get a 50lber! I've been finding them sporatically at Wallaston Beach early am, spotty schools in Lynn Harbor at low tide, and around snake island/crystal cove area. Macks still around Misery Island off Salem/Beverly right off red can at the inside corner of misery. Let's work together here!!! =)

freebie
08-09-2010, 03:04 PM
posting here is the best way to share info with the guys your talking about

Raider Ronnie
08-09-2010, 04:21 PM
No offense, but who says it's a good idea to share/post info ?
Next thing we got is 1000 boats in the same area.
Lots of them with no clue what they are doing like the guy who ran over one of my nets yesterday and after he managed to get it out of his lower unit (with some damage to my net) had the nerve to come over to my boat and ask me if I would give him a few pogies ! :smash:
Anyone who knows me knows I will answer pms and be helpful but posting for everyone to read :screwy:

nightfighter
08-09-2010, 04:24 PM
Agree with above....

Better to use PMs as you get your network built up here.

StriperWriter
08-09-2010, 04:25 PM
ok then, um, just kidding about wallaston, snake, and crystal... lol, I know what you mean, I don't give out info to ANYONE I feel is unworthy. But I figured here is a place that I'd share info no problem w you guys, as after reading posts on here for as long as I have been, seems like all kindred spirits! And those guys who don't know what the hell they're doing most likely would not be on here. Just a thought.

Sorry about your net Raider, that sucks. So did u give him any pogies? =)

Thumper
08-09-2010, 10:52 PM
And those guys who don't know what the hell they're doing most likely would not be on here.

thats just the opposite, those guys are online 24/7 waiting for info like this then go out and fish. kinda like the guys you see driving around all the time then when someone is catching they hop right out of their truck and fish. :cheers:

piemma
08-10-2010, 08:07 AM
thats just the opposite, those guys are online 24/7 waiting for info like this then go out and fish. kinda like the guys you see driving around all the time then when someone is catching they hop right out of their truck and fish. :cheers:

On target Thumper. Spread the word on here and all of the "lurkers" will be on the info in a heartbeat. Better to PM someone or better still let everyone find their own. I have 2 or 3 guys I share with on here but would never post info about specific sites. I work to hard to find on my own.

sokinwet
08-10-2010, 08:56 AM
"like the guy who ran over one of my nets yesterday and after he managed to get it out of his lower unit (with some damage to my net) had the nerve to come over to my boat and ask me if I would give him a few pogies "

And your response was ...??? :-)

Raider Ronnie
08-10-2010, 04:26 PM
"like the guy who ran over one of my nets yesterday and after he managed to get it out of his lower unit (with some damage to my net) had the nerve to come over to my boat and ask me if I would give him a few pogies "

And your response was ...??? :-)

Since I was on a charter I bit my tongue and laughed at the guy only telling him "you got to be kidding me "

numbskull
08-10-2010, 07:09 PM
H I figure we're all hard core striper guys obviously, and we should share this info with each other and not those guys who fish 4 times a summer and get a 50lber!

:rollem:

FISHING_FOOL
08-10-2010, 07:43 PM
What are pogies???

StriperWriter
08-10-2010, 10:18 PM
Oh man... Hope he's kidding, but if not, Raider, thumper, piemma, you guys are right. I'll go with the pm route...

patpatriot
08-11-2010, 11:06 PM
wow if someone ran over the net and then asked for bait, wow, bad enough with the seals, not to mention sightseeing boats. Had two boats yesturday see us catch bout 50 throw, came up achored nonetheless in 4 ft off a sandbar and started chunking, asked them what the deal was and told them they're filter feeders, response was they caught a bluefish before, trolling near there