View Full Version : State of striper stock

ANY LUCK?
08-15-2010, 08:51 AM
Hi Team,

I'm thinking about pitching an in-depth news article on the state of the striper stock and the ongoing public comment period via the asmfc:devil2:.

What is everyone experiencing, especially those who keep accurate logs? Is it just the heat (this year), and the rain (last year)? Or, is the fishery on the way down again?

The commission:devil2: says that the stocks are just fine and dandy. What are you guys seeing?

Any Luck?

jmac
08-15-2010, 09:09 AM
Hi Team,

I'm thinking about pitching an in-depth news article on the state of the striper stock and the ongoing public comment period via the asmfc.

What is everyone experiencing, especially those who keep accurate logs? Is it just the heat (this year), and the rain (last year)? Or, is the fishery on the way down again?

The commission says that the stocks are just fine and dandy. What are you guys seeing?

Any Luck?

...fish are where the bait is ...AND there is a LOT of fish in THOSE areas......mostly outside

striperman36
08-15-2010, 09:34 AM
Just like NC, the bait and the fish are offshore in the EEZ, and illegal to fish

Slipknot
08-15-2010, 09:44 AM
Don't forget to include something about how the overpopulation of seals on the Cape year round has ruined the fishing and now a growing population of white sharks is causing concern for surfers and swimmers.

I have noticed different locations that once consistantly had fish , no longer do while other areas are doing fine. A lot has to do with bait. Bait is almost non-existant on the outer beaches since the seals took over.:smash:

numbskull
08-15-2010, 11:32 AM
Can you name one fishery management body that considers recreational fishing a priority?
We are losers.....if we weren't then striped bass would be a gamefish.
Now bend over and take it some more.

piemma
08-16-2010, 03:08 AM
The reefs outside, in general, are loaded with fish. My nephews were offshore around the Block last week and caught 30 to 40# fish until their arms were tired. Diamond jigs on braid. You can walk on the sandeels.

Tagger
08-16-2010, 03:48 AM
Can you name one fishery management body that considers recreational fishing a priority?
We are losers.....if we weren't then striped bass would be a gamefish.
Now bend over and take it some more.

Maybe next year when we are paying for our Salt Water license our voice will be louder . Money talks .. I am a loser though .. thanks for noticing ..