View Full Version : blue crabs on the vinyard

niko
08-16-2010, 02:19 PM
headed down with the family next week. me and the boys want to catch some crabs but don't have a clue. will someone point me in the right direction. should be fun

Mr. Sandman
08-16-2010, 03:15 PM
check pm's.:devil2:

rickhern
08-16-2010, 07:07 PM
Check the creek at Quonsoo.

FISHING_FOOL
08-16-2010, 08:30 PM
I will be in Edgertown on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday with the boat :-) We should try and fish a day.....

Mike P
08-16-2010, 09:45 PM
The great ponds should be full of them.

Getting to the great ponds, though, can be a problem in the summertime.

niko
08-17-2010, 06:21 AM
thx gents. fool - i'm off a week, not going till the 31st.

BobT
08-19-2010, 09:50 AM
Hat fishin fool...........ask the pres. if he wants to go !!!! Chum.

Mr. Sandman
08-19-2010, 11:09 AM
Good thing you are not coming till then (best time of the year here IMO...sept) because the president is coming today (leaves on the 29th I think) and I think we have more state cops here than people right now. I happen to drive by the police station and there was not enough room to park all the state trooper cars. Of course we also have the black Chevy suburban with Virgina plates rendezvous too. Marine 1 and it's entourage of choppers will be touching down here at 2:15.

I really wish he would vacation some place else. We did our fair share...the golf courses are not that nice here...I know I have played them all. He should go to myrtle beach. I support the security of the president and know what a nightmare the logistics must be but it is a little overpowering to have him here every year. Clinton will also be here and I heard and Sheik with his 450' yacht will be entertaining them. (it has a 75' launch!)

(security arrived 3 weeks ago) They have a station near my boat and let me say that they are very pleasant and very polite people. I chatted briefly with one guy.. I said, heck of a place to camp out...a dirt parking lot next to a fire hydrant...his response was...this is not that bad!!! you should see some of the other places we've been! two things they all have in common...they all dress the same and they are all huge dudes, I would not want to mess with any of them.

FISHING_FOOL
08-19-2010, 11:14 AM
Yeah I grew up during the summers on the Vinyard. I'm very used to the pres. nightmares. I just stay on my parents sail boat and fish. If you never go to shore its a lot easier to deal with.