View Full Version : Fishing Vacation

bloocrab
03-15-2003, 05:05 PM
I am planning on taking a Fish-N trip next winter...somewhere south-a-here.

What I'm hoping for .. are some links or information on where or who to contact.

What species will I be persuing?....I'm not sure yet. I'm still wide open on that. Heck...I'd be content surf-fishing roosters from a beach if the action was good-enough ;)

Here are my guidelines:

I DO NOT want to spend 8 hours on a boat chasing one fish. I also DO NOT want to take a 5 hour boat ride to fish for 2 hours either. Those are not my intentions. I am not looking to catch the world's largest anything. I simply want to get away, fish for something different, FISH OFTEN-FISH HARD!!!... and have FUN. Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking to hop on the local Fish/googer/charter boat that takes out 100 hopeful anglers either...but I do have a budget, as we all do ...so I'm looking for someone to take a *few guys out. I'm looking to add a few more good-memories to my life -

*Few = 1 - 5 ... (if that's possible)

Thanks in advance
Bloo-

AbuGarcia16
03-15-2003, 07:46 PM
go down to Tampa Bay. I was down there over feb. for about two days (mainly because i was largemouth fishing in orlando) but in Tampa bay you have the option of trying the surfcasting in all different areas around there, renting a boat and goin out for some bait fishing and some casting, or there are a bunch of charter boats down there. I never fished in tampa, but i dont think its just a coincadence that there were atleast 15 spread out surfcasters in most areas of water.

scortoncreekkid
03-15-2003, 08:42 PM
bloocrab:
Scortoncreekkid here. How far south do you want to go? In December my wife & myself went to Savannah, GA. to see our son for the holidays. I chartered a boat on the 23 rd of the month with Capt. Scott Wagner of Savannah Fly. We went for river stripers, trout, & redfish. The striper fishing was a little slow that day but my wife got a nice river trout about 5 lbs. Then we moved on to the flats where Scott got us hooked up into some great redfish fishing. Scott poled us around the flats for hours keeping us in contact with the schooling reds. All said and done by the end of the day WE had landed and released 34 reds and broke off another 6 or 8. You can reach Scott by way of www.savannahfly.com . Hope this helps you out. Tight lines and "GET YOUR BACKING WET" from the KID.

Clammer
03-15-2003, 08:46 PM
Bloo , the Tampa area was hot this past week /in the short water///////////////////////////////////////////

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

JohnR
03-15-2003, 09:12 PM
I'd seriously consider it :D - too early to tell right now though :(

Clammsticker - welcome back :) - boat's still there...

Clammer
03-15-2003, 09:43 PM
Yep BACk===now will have to change the will back , Sheila got spooked about everyone in the family together & if something happened///////////////SOOOOOOO we had to make some {what Ifs] You & Ed would have made out =======OH WELL

Too early to commit/ depends on the family & business/ but I could handle some skinny water fishing . not interested in bottom fishing ////

:cool: :cool: :cool:

bluefish
03-16-2003, 12:41 PM
Hey Bloo....

It's Mikey....

remember you took a picture of me and my girl when I was in Newport? That was just a "drive north for the day and chill" trip but of course I brought a rod along....

anyway.....Brooklyn is SOUTH of you ;).... Do you get to Long Island much? Word on the beach is....we have some fishies here that want to come out and play. Seriously though if you get out this way ever... lemme know.

MakoMike
03-16-2003, 04:40 PM
Bloo,
Too far to go just for fishing, but if you're interested in going to the island of Hawaii, let me know. I can clue you in to a number of good shore spots as well as recommend a boat if you want to charter.

03-17-2003, 08:34 AM
How about the Outer Banks, NC in Jan-Feb, the Stripers are there as are the the Tuna, even some giants. I also know you can get rental condos and townhouses cheap as it's off season..

You could do some surf fishing and maybe grab a charter for some Tuna action. My Dad has a house on the water in there and it's truly a beautiful place!

http://www.fishpiratescove.com/

fishweewee
03-17-2003, 08:47 AM
Cabo San Lucas sure sounds good.

Rooster and tuna from the surf anyone? :D