View Full Version : NICE - whitey gets his lunch

Slipknot
08-23-2010, 07:59 AM
and they got pictures

Tourists Photograph Shark Eating Seal Off Cape - wbztv.com (http://wbztv.com/local/great.white.shark.2.1873321.html)

they say it's the furthest north they've seen them

2na
08-23-2010, 08:04 AM
'Officials put up warning flags in the area. '

That will help. They put up a little sign at the trail entrances. If I had my camera handy I would have taken a picture of it.

Good to see that they have made it up that way. When we get a seal now we play it rather than snapping it off on the theory that the seal will be occupied with us and not see jaws bearing down.

Blitzseeker
08-23-2010, 08:06 AM
I have waited soooooooooo long for this moment.............:uhuh:

Blitzseeker
08-23-2010, 08:21 AM
On the other hand, tempering my excitement is that fact that someone is going to get whacked by a shark out there, and it is going to happen soon. I'll be completely stunned if there is not a death out there in the next couple of years....I'm actually surprised it hasn't happened yet. At this point it is clear that there are lots of white sharks in the water out there during the summer months, and we all know there are lots of people as well. The vast majority of people out there this time of year have very little knowlege or common sense when it comes to respecting the ocean and the animals that live in it.

It's a sad fact that many of us have seen coming for years now...only a matter of time.

afterhours
08-23-2010, 10:18 AM
yup, with all these guys swimming around in wetsuits it's only a matter of time....

Raven
08-23-2010, 10:21 AM
considering it was within 20 feet of shore
i'd say your prediction rings true...

aside from that thought......... its a beautiful sight.

tattoobob
08-23-2010, 10:59 AM
People don't wet suit on sand beaches, at least I don't

GattaFish
08-23-2010, 11:03 AM
Time to go skishing,,,,its only going to get worse,,,,

keeperreaper
08-23-2010, 11:14 AM
Good for the shark. I hope he and his family eat every damn seal out there.

JohnnyD
08-23-2010, 11:31 AM
People don't wet suit on sand beaches, at least I don't

They sure do. We aren't swimming to rocks, but I'd rather wetsuit out to that distant bar and not worry about the trough behind me becoming too deep for waders as the water rises.

BigFish
08-23-2010, 11:34 AM
"That shark....swallow ya whole! A little shakin'....a little tenderizin'......and down you go!":uhuh:

The Dad Fisherman
08-23-2010, 12:00 PM
This was a great line in the story..

"We didn't even see the shark until it hit and when it hit, it tore the seal apart. There was meat flying everywhere. It was nasty."

THAT..is funny stuff :hihi:

Slipknot
08-23-2010, 12:03 PM
right Kevin
see the bloody water too

whitey has been calling his friends to the snackbar:uhuh:
I hope his compadre orca comes by too

Slipknot
08-23-2010, 12:05 PM
When we get a seal now we play it rather than snapping it off on the theory that the seal will be occupied with us and not see jaws bearing down.

:btu: :btu:

I've been saying that for years, fish for bass or blue, get seal, then liveline that for whitey.

"taxidermy man gonna have a heart attack when he sees what I brung him."

Typhoon
08-23-2010, 12:09 PM
Saturday there was a 5-7yr old on a surfboard at Race Point 20 yards off the beach. He was just paddling around.

The boat consensus was that the parents should be jailed.

We've never seen so many sharks on Stellwagen. Usually they're on the east side of the bank. Saturday they were on SWC. Loads of them, blues and makos.

Blitzseeker
08-23-2010, 02:21 PM
And the thing is that there's a kid, or adult, doing things like that every day out there.

Only a matter of time.

Meanwhile, I hope they eat as many damn seals as they can fit in their stomachs, then start killing them for kicks. But as someone else noted, that isn't likely to happen until the orcas show.

You boat guys can probably speak to this, but I know a tuna guy who's been out there ~10 years and he did see orcas one time, but never before or after. He's seen white sharks a few times.