View Full Version : NEW FRONT PAGE PLEEZZZZZ......

redlite
08-24-2010, 07:35 PM
Shark week is over, at least the show advertised on the front page is.
Can we PLEASE get a new front page.
My phobia of sharks is driving me to drink heavily every time I log on here and see a big picture of a big ole shark.....
Thanx.

BigFish
08-24-2010, 07:37 PM
How about some yak fishing pics?? A bunch of us can submit some after Peddle/Paddle Fest Saturday!!

angler229
08-24-2010, 07:44 PM
How about some pictures of Team S-B at work?

redlite
08-24-2010, 07:48 PM
'bout time.......

angler229
08-24-2010, 07:57 PM
Couple more...

rphud
08-24-2010, 08:24 PM
Whassup with all that sand in the pic? And sunlight?!?!?!? That's a Wilco Tango Foxtrot!

JohnnyD
08-24-2010, 08:40 PM
I link direct to the forums. Haven't seen the front page in months.

redlite
08-24-2010, 09:02 PM
This wicked brilliant idea just came to my peanut brain.....
How about we try and get at least a monthly, maybe even a weekly contest goin here for the front page photo. People could submit some type o picture to a grandmaster (Luds, BigFish, Tynan, some other person with an eye for photo stuff and spends a lot of time here) a picture, cool, big fish, little fish, picture of interest, and it becomes the front page. This help keep things fresh. Now the thing is, wheather we admit it or not, it is our human nature to be competitive, so to make things interesting, perhaps some of the talented plug makers here could donate a plug to the winner ( sorry to maybe rip a page from your journal Zeno with all the give-a-ways). Give people more of a reason to come here, look, post, become active, cause god knows everyone loves free stuff. I know I gots PILES of plugs I have won over the past few years that I ain't ever gonna put in the water, but they are in no way really worth winning compared to the stuff that some of the guys here make. Best I could offer would be a dozen of the best hand picked eels at least guaranteed to catch someone a monster dogfish.....so, how abouts it?
I just log onto some of the "other sites" and they have had the same friggin front page pic up for o say like 5 years....Judge a book by its cover.....zzzzzzz.......First impressions are critical to survival.
I know there are smata people hea than me, so anyone willin to take this seed and turn it into a flower?
(and besides, the world already seen enough of my ugly mug......)

Slipknot
08-24-2010, 09:15 PM
my pea brain can't read all that at this moment Mike

but a nice pic of Liam with his first keeper would be cool

Slingah
08-24-2010, 09:20 PM
Liam.....:uhuh:

JackK
08-24-2010, 09:25 PM
This wicked brilliant idea just came to my peanut brain.....
How about we try and get at least a monthly, maybe even a weekly contest goin here for the front page photo. People could submit some type o picture to a grandmaster (Luds, BigFish, Tynan, some other person with an eye for photo stuff and spends a lot of time here) a picture, cool, big fish, little fish, picture of interest, and it becomes the front page. This help keep things fresh. Now the thing is, wheather we admit it or not, it is our human nature to be competitive, so to make things interesting, perhaps some of the talented plug makers here could donate a plug to the winner ( sorry to maybe rip a page from your journal Zeno with all the give-a-ways). Give people more of a reason to come here, look, post, become active, cause god knows everyone loves free stuff. I know I gots PILES of plugs I have won over the past few years that I ain't ever gonna put in the water, but they are in no way really worth winning compared to the stuff that some of the guys here make. Best I could offer would be a dozen of the best hand picked eels at least guaranteed to catch someone a monster dogfish.....so, how abouts it?
I just log onto some of the "other sites" and they have had the same friggin front page pic up for o say like 5 years....Judge a book by its cover.....zzzzzzz.......First impressions are critical to survival.
I know there are smata people hea than me, so anyone willin to take this seed and turn it into a flower?
(and besides, the world already seen enough of my ugly mug......)

:uhuh: I like...

SurfCaster413
08-24-2010, 11:04 PM
Could we vote on the pictures like a poll and the monthly winner gets it posted till the following month?

bloocrab
08-25-2010, 06:45 AM
Just ship a years' worth of prizes to Tynan...........:hihi:

He definitely has one of the better 'eyes' for taking some shhhhweeeeet azz shots. :uhuh:

bart
08-25-2010, 07:12 AM
great pics Dan. and nice fishes :kewl:

luds
08-25-2010, 07:23 AM
I like the Dan and Mike photo, Tony, and Liam all for the front page. It would be cool if at one point in the month we selected a few photos and put up a pole to vote for the front page.

JohnR
08-25-2010, 07:38 AM
To bleep you all. Liam gets the front page ;)

Diggin Jiggin
08-25-2010, 07:42 AM
I cringe when I load the main page and the advertisement next to the great white is the wetsuit add. The size of the shark next to the 3 tiny wetsuits in the add is not helpful to my state of mind.

Great pictures guys. I always wonder when I see pics like that how far from that spot in the photo were that actually caught.

Fishoholic
08-25-2010, 07:58 AM
Nice fish Dan, Tony and other dude I've never met.

JohnR my vote is for your boy... Good idea Redlite!

JohnR
08-25-2010, 08:17 AM
I like the Dan and Mike photo, Tony, and Liam all for the front page. It would be cool if at one point in the month we selected a few photos and put up a pole to vote for the front page.

Yes, they will go up later - Team S-B at work - I like. This is a good idea on the Poll - like that too.

How about some pictures of Team S-B at work?
Yup, later today.
How about some yak fishing pics?? A bunch of us can submit some after Peddle/Paddle Fest Saturday!!
Get them to me afterward.

Shark week is over, at least the show advertised on the front page is.

:rotf2: - Umm, last month plus out on the back beaches, every day is Shark Week

tattoobob
08-25-2010, 04:57 PM
There's a front page?

dannyplug1
08-26-2010, 08:54 AM
Thanks for changing the picture of mr Whitey. I am scared bleepless of the sharks I go to the cape cod shark hunters websites and see shots from the spotter plane of 12' whites in 4' of water and I am spooked. I am kinda chubby and would be a good meal for whitey. I feel the same way about aligators. It is irational but I cant say I dont have the fear. Thanks for getting rid of jaws. chuckie