View Full Version : Green Pond Town Landing Falmouth

MrHunters
08-25-2010, 03:11 PM
Anyone know if I'll have any issue dropping in here and tieing up for 20 minutes as an "outsider" . Turns out I have family in Davisville and will probably be able to leave my trailer/truck there for the MV trip at the end of Sept. It looks like this is the closest launch.

Plan will be to drop in. Tie up. Park truck. hoof or bike back to landing.

flip that for retrieval at the end of the week :) (Saturday)

gf2020
08-25-2010, 05:47 PM
Should be no problem, especially in late September. There is an extended floating dock near the ramp.

Alternatively, you could "borrow" a slip for 30 minutes at Green Pond Tackle and Marina on the other side of the bridge while you go and stash your vehicle.

clcharette
08-25-2010, 10:42 PM
Shouldn't be a problem with parking just make sure you are not there at the bottom of the tide. I use to launch here often util they built the ramp at Falmouth Harbor which is free and great at all periods of the tide.

MrHunters
08-26-2010, 05:06 AM
thanks guys... is it free?

Rip Runner
09-10-2010, 05:52 PM
It is free and a good ramp. That time of year you will not have any issue typing up for a little while.

striperman36
09-10-2010, 06:16 PM
Shouldn't be a problem with parking just make sure you are not there at the bottom of the tide. I use to launch here often util they built the ramp at Falmouth Harbor which is free and great at all periods of the tide.

Go to the falmouth ramp instead, it's great and worth the extra couple miles travel

Rip Runner
09-10-2010, 06:22 PM
I agree the Inner Harbor ramp is the best it is all I use, but my slip is also 300 yards away. If he's staying in Davisville then the Green pond ramp is totally fine. They re-did it recently too. I have launched Center Consoles there to 38 feet no problem.

MrHunters
09-11-2010, 06:18 PM
all confirmed up.. long lost cousin is letting me keep my trailer and truck at his house in davisville. I hear that area is pretty tight so the only wild card is if I can make the swings to get it into his driveway.

Thanks for all the info guys.. Definitely is a help when I'm going in there blind.

Now TIME FOR SOME VACATION AND FISHING!!

taJon
09-14-2010, 02:42 PM
im not worried.

you're driving!