View Full Version : Little help

SurfCaster413
08-30-2010, 08:35 AM
Hey guys just wondering if I could get some advise off yeah. I got my plugs sanded and drilled. I got the Blo on then, whats my next step do I expoxy them or just use primer like killz the just paint? Where do you get your paint and what do you like? any help would be great. pm me or post whatever is easier for you. Thanks

The Dad Fisherman
08-30-2010, 09:16 AM
after you seal w/ the blo then you can prime them. I usually us a spray can primer....sand between coats to get it nice and smooth.

Paints, a lot of guys do some remarkable things w/ rattle cans. I use an airbrush with the createx paints.

Eric Roach
08-30-2010, 01:53 PM
You might want to prime with Rustoleum's Sandable Primer. Not sure what color scheme you're looking for, but Rustoleum's epoxy paints (black or white) is a solid choice. No need to epoxy if you want to keep it simple.

Slipknot
08-31-2010, 07:18 PM
I like Createx paints because they have good colors and are easy to use in an airbrush.

you could use spray cans also

wait a few days or week to prime after sealing to give the BLO a chance to fully dry

I use a spray can primer to do my priming

everyone has a system they like, ya have to figure out what works best for you actually.
like they said, keep it simple

SurfCaster413
08-31-2010, 10:45 PM
thank guys gunno work on them thursday, let yeah know how it goes