View Full Version : Told Ya So

Crafty Angler
09-01-2010, 04:53 PM
Well, ya just won't listen...:no2:

Except Karl...:wave:

http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/scuppers/63166-unusually-warm-wet-spring-threat-menace.html

Karl F
09-01-2010, 05:19 PM
ALWAYS listen to Uncle Crafty :uhuh:
:wave:

Crafty Angler
09-01-2010, 08:19 PM
What do you figure up your way, Karl - I'm thinking it looks to be at least a full Two Bottle Gale...:buds:

striperman36
09-01-2010, 08:28 PM
What do you figure up your way, Karl - I'm thinking it looks to be at least a full Two Bottle Gale...:buds:

2 bottle? Drink quickly my friend.

I'll be at ABC for lunch tomorrow to start things off.

Karl F
09-01-2010, 08:51 PM
first time i missed my old job was today.. no storm bottles to sell..
storms were a freakin blast at that place... but it's all changed now for sure.

we did however sell out of every flashlight, battery and propane tank we had, and as soon as we got the truck unloaded we sold thru the D batteries and 6volt lantern batteries too.. another trailer load will be there in the AM...
Duct tape, blue tape, plastic sheeting, tarps etc.... and rope... miles of friggin rope went out the door today.. chainsaws and some generators too..

and inbetween we sold a couple hundred gallons of paint and a hundred or so of stain too.... busy day..

if they weren't busy at the booze emporiums today, i sure would be surprised...but as one contractor told me at 7 this morning.. "The parking lot at Stop and Shop is full up.. all the friggin Grannies loading up with milk and bread!"

boats going by all day too.. think most must be hauled out by now...wonder how many will get put back in, seeing as it is after Sept. 1? .....
the Marina's had a busy day, and will tomorrow...

my prediction for here is ...at some point Friday.. or Saturday... it's gonna rain, and get windy.. :hihi:...I think we shall see a chit ton of erosion for certain...

I am sweating some trees in the touch hole neighbors yard.. leaner pines full of borers.. the ground gets soak ass wet in a hurry, and the wind gets riled.. i might get my house smushed....

bassballer
09-02-2010, 07:45 AM
not working tomorrow. Ill be at flo's watching the storm from upstairs putting a nice shine on. Going to be a good day for it.

Pt.JudeJoe
09-02-2010, 10:04 PM
not working tomorrow. Ill be at flo's watching the storm from upstairs putting a nice shine on. Going to be a good day for it.

Ya know,that's not a half bad idea,Flo's . That's a great place to watch the storm take shape.I might swing by there in the afternoon as well.

iamskippy
09-02-2010, 10:09 PM
NOT I, I will be working for the cable company all day and night and into saturday :wall: