View Full Version : Hurricane, err, Long Weekend Plans

JohnR
09-02-2010, 06:21 AM
So summer is closing with a BANG.

What's up for the LONG weekend?

Who's fishing tonight :tooth: ?

RIJIMMY
09-02-2010, 06:26 AM
supposed to be heading to the cape tomorrow after work to camp with the family. Right now, I think we'll wait to Saturday morning and see how things look, assess damage and then go or cancel.
My wife couldnt get out of bed this moring, chills, weakness. So we may not be doing anything. I hope everyone stays safe

whiplash
09-02-2010, 07:39 AM
Getting everthing done tonight and tomorrow AM . Going to see how close I can get to the canal for some fishing tomorrow evening /night until I get blown out or thrown out. They are talking about road restrictions

Clogston29
09-02-2010, 07:44 AM
fish tonight before the storm. hang in tomorrow. hopefully we only get a glancing blow and I can get out late night on saturday and sunday nights.

ProfessorM
09-02-2010, 07:47 AM
actually contemplating fishing in the boat early tomorrow morning, off water by 8am. Will have to wait till last minute on marine forecast. Leaving boat on cape at work, figure the trees are a lot smaller there than at my house. Probably heading out very early Monday morn in boat . Could be a lot of fished pushed into the south of CC Bay and I had one of my best mornings this year yesterday so I got high hopes.

Back Beach
09-02-2010, 07:48 AM
Freshwater night trip tonight..first one in many years and going to an old favorite fishing hole. Will be real busy this weekend at work, then maybe head out for a few fall skunkings in the surf.

PaulS
09-02-2010, 08:19 AM
Going to Michigan for the day Sat. and returning Sunday morning. Then do the same thing I've done for the past 25 years - work at my church festival the rest of the long weekend.

BigFish
09-02-2010, 08:27 AM
Gonna be working on my seminar speaking skills.....see if I can remove the "Ahhhhhhh's" from my future videos!:rotf2:

Fish pre-storm tomorrow morning at the Big River! Do some fresh water kayaking with Mrs. BigFish (aka Fishchick) as the saltwater will be churned up for a few days, work on some pluggage and some stuff around the house!:uhuh:

BobT
09-02-2010, 08:34 AM
Heading down to the cape to drop the camper.......pop-up.. then home. i don't plan on going near the roads after that. The storm is going to go thru fast then a beautiful weekend.

Kierran
09-02-2010, 09:41 AM
Fishing long and hard tonight. Then drinking, eating and beaching until water clears up post-Earl.

Pete F.
09-02-2010, 09:54 AM
watch my kid play football sat. Then I have been seeing a lot of big grasshoppers, maybe I'll go trout fishing. Always fun to watch fish hammer something. My wife told me I can't go to the coast.

Poncho
09-02-2010, 10:20 AM
got a wedding in stow vt saturday, taking advantage and bringing the fly rod going to try the Winooski river. (the girlfriend doesnt know this is going to be part of the trip). good test. see how she likes incorporating fishing into what she calls a romantic weekend.

whiplash
09-02-2010, 10:42 AM
Worked for me -took my now wife striper fishing at a UDL on Cape Ann for our first date -25 years later still fishing together

STREETFIGHT
09-02-2010, 11:04 AM
got a road trip out to soco tonight in the works pending a weed report- otherwise my son has baseball practice all weekend and i'm sure we'll fit in some grilling. might do another over night in soco sunday if things are clear enough.

late-start
09-02-2010, 11:09 AM
Might hit a few spots on the NS tomorrow evening, but home by midnight. Off to Falmouth early Sat.

Rockfish9
09-02-2010, 11:23 AM
pretty much just going to fish this week end.. starting tonight..

JFigliuolo
09-02-2010, 11:34 AM
finish packing for Cutty...:) hoping it doesn't suck.:wall:

JamesJet
09-02-2010, 11:35 AM
Tonight's my window with family obligations. Debating where to go - normally the Canal tide tonight works well with getting some sleep before a day of work tomorrow so probably going to go there. Still not sure. The traffic situation can be scary on Thursdays especially with labor day and I was hoping the storm would keep people off cape until Sat. I havent gotten out in weeks so I am pretty exited.

Otherwise spending time with the family getting a few odds n ends done around the house and hopefully keeping a dry basement.

MakoMike
09-02-2010, 12:09 PM
No Plans as of yet. Cancelled my charters for Sat & Sun, still debating what to do about Monday. Proably visit with my son & his family one day.

hyefisherman2
09-02-2010, 01:08 PM
possibly fishing tonight before Earl

bassballer
09-02-2010, 01:17 PM
fishing tonight.

watching the storm from flo's all day tomorrow

drinking heavily the rest of the weekend.

RIROCKHOUND
09-02-2010, 01:27 PM
Prepping the yard tonight for debris.
Hoping a tree doesn't decide to fall on us Friday.
Sat-Sun on stand-by to do scientific support if stuff is sunk/lost/missing in the Bay, otherwise I'll be on the beach doing my nerdy geology stuff....

Nebe
09-02-2010, 02:08 PM
fishing tonight.

watching the storm from flo's all day tomorrow

drinking heavily the rest of the weekend.

Funny.... Same here
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Circlehook
09-02-2010, 03:22 PM
Wedding in Falmouth on saturday, we'll see how that goes.

Then fishing the rest..

Slipknot
09-02-2010, 06:09 PM
actually contemplating fishing in the boat early tomorrow morning, off water by 8am. Will have to wait till last minute on marine forecast. Leaving boat on cape at work, figure the trees are a lot smaller there than at my house. Probably heading out very early Monday morn in boat . Could be a lot of fished pushed into the south of CC Bay and I had one of my best mornings this year yesterday so I got high hopes.

Call me if I can go with you either day

I'm hitting scortons in a few tonight

striperman36
09-02-2010, 06:19 PM
skeet and 5 stand Saturday pm and Sunday am.
Monday, fix my electrics on the yacht in the driveway.

redlite
09-02-2010, 06:56 PM
I am swimmin to Cutty. Its On fire.

Zeno
09-02-2010, 07:21 PM
Putting finishing touches on a mag and chill until this blows over...not a fan of huricane fishing...i already got a good beating this morning