View Full Version : 9ft Mojo or Lami one piece 91mhs

ndcdfm1
09-07-2010, 11:06 AM
I live in NJ and plan on purchasing a 9 ft rod for spring and fall surf fishing with 2 to 3 oz plugs. Which do you prefer and why? I'm pretty strapped for cash and want a versitile rod. I considered 10 ft but i dont think i want to be hauling that up and down the beach in the summer months. I already have an 8ft for that.
I'm also considering buying the saragosa 8000. Some say it's too big for that pole but I figured that if I eventually buy a 10ft pole I could put it on that.
I've heard that Lami's warranty is better but St Croix lets you trade up. I just want some good constuctive advise before I purchase. Thanks in advance for your posts...

JohnR
09-07-2010, 01:25 PM
Look into Lami 120-1Ms on this board, very versatile and do anything a 9 can, often a little better. Welcome to S-B :btu:

here are some previous threads: Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating - Search Results (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/search.php?searchid=1193829&photoplog_searchinfo=1&photoplog_searchquery=1201M)

It is a very popular and versatile rod. Though a little more than a 9' - highly capable and favorited.

JackK
09-07-2010, 01:31 PM
I've read a couple less-than-stellar reviews of the Mojo recently- Sounds like its a good blank, but the components (guides, reel seat) on it are poor quality.

I don't own one, but would think twice about making the purchase after hearing some of these things. Definitely can't go wrong with a 1201M, especially for 2-3oz plugs.

ndcdfm1
09-07-2010, 01:41 PM
I'll look into it. Thanks for the welcome and the post.

ndcdfm1
09-10-2010, 11:04 AM
Thread Ended