View Full Version : Airbrushes

IFG
03-17-2003, 07:54 PM
What do the masters use for airbrushs and where can get mine?

What do the masters use for paints and where can I get them?

What do the masters use for sealent's and where can I get some?

capesams
03-17-2003, 08:14 PM
do a search on-line for dixe-art,,,they have it all...cheap.
town paint supply in hyannis has envirotex poxy..cheep.
ac moore in hyannis has createx paint an air brushes as well. along with eyes[cats], netting for scaling too.

PNG
03-18-2003, 04:38 PM
www.badger-airbrush.com/airbrush.htm
This link will answer & create some questions. Read up then if you have more questions ask away.

Airbrush? - Personal choice I would say. After looking around I settled on Badger. Good reports from others & made in USA
Anthem 155 & 350 should have gotten a 360 instead. There are dual action and single action.

Buy where? - AC moore. About every other week they have coupons for 40% off a single purchase per visit. I go with 10 coupons and buy the paint

Paint? - Createx acrylic enamel. Auto, flourescent, transparent. Lots of practice & mixing. I recommend a base stock then do multiple mixes off that base. I used a tooth pick & just painted a small piece of an index card labeling it. RECORD the trial & errors.

Sealant?- Oil based primer Zinsser/kilz etc.. Envirotex spray then cover with a 2 part epoxy. Envirotex(eti.com I think) West Marine/rod building etc... you will need to rotate for 6-8 hours

As far as the masters go I cant speak for them this is what I found. Depends on how far you want to go. A couple of spray cans will work fine avoiding all the aforementioned:smash:

MAC
03-18-2003, 08:03 PM
I don't consider myself a master but I have a Badger 350 (single action) and a Badger 360 (dual action). Once ya get used to the dual action brush it is great. i start by using wood hardner on the plug blank, I then move onto Kilz for primer (after the wood hardner dries for atleast 3 hrs.) I use createx for paint and seal plug with spar urethane. I just tries the envirotex lite on 8 plugs today and looks good so far.