View Full Version : Medal of Honor

spence
09-10-2010, 06:27 PM
I love stories like this and how the recipients always say they just did what anyone would have done...this is the mark we should all strive to live up to.

And I have to note that we went to the same High School :humpty:

FOXNews.com - Soldier Who Risked Life to Save Another to be Awarded Medal of Honor (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/09/10/sgt-salvatore-giunta-awarded-medal-honor/?test=latestnews)

-spence

nightfighter
09-10-2010, 06:42 PM
Good story. I needed that to help restore my faith, in light of so much of this country going to hell, IMO....

fishbones
09-12-2010, 10:14 PM
Fox News, huh? I'm surprised you think this is a true story, Spence.

Great read and good for him! It's nice to read something good like this instead of all the negativity we seem to be subjected to.

JohnR
09-12-2010, 11:04 PM
The only living recipient since 'nam.

Good man. great man.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

buckman
09-13-2010, 05:49 PM
Thank You Sgt. Salvatore Giunta. Great post Spence

Swimmer
09-15-2010, 05:55 PM
I love stories like this and how the recipients always say they just did what anyone would have done...this is the mark we should all strive to live up to.

And I have to note that we went to the same High School :humpty:

FOXNews.com - Soldier Who Risked Life to Save Another to be Awarded Medal of Honor (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/09/10/sgt-salvatore-giunta-awarded-medal-honor/?test=latestnews)

-spence

Its an awful legacy to live up too. The after affect probably is almost as difficult as the endeavour.

justplugit
09-15-2010, 07:57 PM
Congratulations to Sgt. Giunta, and a THANK YOU for his honorable service
to our country.

So many Heroes.

PaulS
09-16-2010, 07:55 AM
If you heard any interviews he did, he's always trying to deflect praise away from himself. He said something like, if what I did deserves the medal of honor, then every person I serve with deserves one.

MarshCappa
09-16-2010, 08:47 AM
Congrats to this fine young man. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

spence
09-16-2010, 09:08 AM
Its an awful legacy to live up too. The after affect probably is almost as difficult as the endeavour.
He says he doesn't have nightmares. For his sake I hope that stays true.

-spence