View Full Version : Maine fishermen?

tattoobob
09-16-2010, 05:47 PM
I maybe going to Wells this weekend any Advice on where the fish are?

SurfCaster413
09-16-2010, 05:51 PM
I maybe going to Wells this weekend any Advice on where the fish are?

Sorry to do this but, am pretty sure they are in the water last time I checked

striperman36
09-16-2010, 06:11 PM
oquinqet

tattoobob
09-16-2010, 06:36 PM
Maybe I should have just asked for spots instead

SurfCaster413
09-17-2010, 08:15 AM
Lol about the goof if I knew anything bout maine I would of helped you out

JoeBass
09-17-2010, 08:33 AM
I usually hit that area this time of year for a long weekend trip. Can't make it this year. Good source of info is the Kittery trading post fishing report. Also, for fly fishing, Eldridge brothers fishing report. I don't think I'm spot burning to say that the Piscatqua river has been really good to me this time of year. It's reportedly loaded with big blues and some nice stripers. I've had the luxury of my buddies boat...not sure where to go from shore. The rocks off of the marginal way in Ogunquit can be good also. Good luck, I bet you'll do great. Oh yeah....the Webhanett bait shop in Wells will have have info...they are right on the Wells harbor and have live eels and sandworms.

Poncho
09-17-2010, 12:29 PM
I was in a wedding at the cliff house in ogunquot last year and oh man did it look bassy, I was talking to the janitor and he fishes it all the time, he says it is very productive throught the year that would be my suggestion, you can park at the hotel and walk the stairs down to the rocks Welcome to our beautiful oceanfront resort, spa, and meeting facilities located on the south coast of Maine in Ogunquit. (http://www.cliffhousemaine.com) this link has a picture of what i'm talking about

Sea of Atlas
09-17-2010, 02:37 PM
I've been finding them in the first wave practically beaching themselves after sand eels, dawn has been real good to me. Haven't noticed any real large bait the last couple of days. Schoolies caught mostly on the clouser/teaser. Finding some a little larger the past few days on topwater--Stripermaineiac Pencils and AH Dooksters. I surfcast mainly around Saco Bay. I've heard off some catches off the jetty in Wells. Hopefully some larger fish move inshore.

tattoobob
09-17-2010, 02:54 PM
Thanks for all the help guys