View Full Version : Looking for advice on Cape Cod

Betterthannothi
09-16-2010, 06:34 PM
Hello to all,

I'm new to this forum and to fishing from a boat. I just gat a little 19 ft CC and haven't had the best of luck. I hope I could get some advice on where to go and what to use. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

numbskull
09-17-2010, 04:11 PM
Where are you based?

Betterthannothi
09-17-2010, 04:14 PM
Sandwich

numbskull
09-17-2010, 04:30 PM
Not my area, but I'd run the shore, Sandwich - Barnstable, or Canal to Duxbury and look for birds, stop and throw pencil poppers. There should be plenty of action that way over the next several weeks, particularly after Northerly winds

Betterthannothi
09-17-2010, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the advice. Where are you out of? I did luck out last weekend with a 42 inch striper off of sandy neck, but I think that was a fluke........ no pun intended. I want to try buzzards bay, any thoughts?

JohnnySaxatilis
09-17-2010, 07:03 PM
I would be on the north side and dont be afraid to venture down to the lower cape. N winds push everything in there. Just got back from landing a few beautiful fish. but that jetty was SKETCH CITY. Had the waders dry top and korkers out on that thing and i was takin some serious waves with that strong wind. what a BLAST:jump1::uhuh::biglaugh::buds:
Its awesome being high on that jetty getting an incredible view of the fish cashing the pencil for a few yards and then exploding on the thing :jump1:
Just putting some filets in the oven right now at my folks house. mmmmmmm