View Full Version : WTH-

justplugit
09-17-2010, 11:21 AM
Not my year.
Since Jan I have had to replace the refrigerator, dishwasher, computer,
washer and dryer. All middle of the line stuff.
OK so now I'm set for 5? years. Noooo!!!!
Today my wife says the water level knob on the washing machine came off.
The switch fell down inside so i took the panel off and found the switch
was not even screwed into the panel. :mad:

To go along with Jake's thread. no one cares about doing a good job either. :hs:

ProfessorM
09-17-2010, 08:11 PM
disposable society Dave, everything falls apart very quickly nowadays so they can sell you another one and they can forecast their profits down the line. Quality is an ancient word that my daughter may never hear again once she is grown up and becomes a consumer. Your old, no offense, and you remember stuff made the right way, stuff that lasted. Heavy metal stuff. Plastic which most everything is made of nowadays falls apart and has just so long of a life. Quality my friend is an ancient memory, like the pyramids. There is some quality stuff out there but it is so expensive, because they know it is quality so they charge you up the wazoo, that you can't afford it unless your a friggin Rockerfella. Got us over a barrel. Aw crap my computer mouse just died, time to buy another plastic piece of crap. Bonne nuit.

BTW Hello and how you been?

Karl F
09-17-2010, 08:56 PM
all set for 5 years...????

ROTFLMAO

3.....tops...

if you buy the expensive, er, i mean extended warranty... then you will have something to really grump about... cheaper to buy and throw.. after all, we must keep the chinese busy making and sending us more crap.

this country makes less than 10% of what it consumes... we are past doomed, we are already in the cesspool of former greatness...buy the cheapest, toss and replace as needed.

you have seen the best of it, all that is left, is the rest of it.

So...how is ya?
:D

Clammer
09-17-2010, 09:02 PM
dave >WTF ya had them all for 25 years // now what ya got will last the rest of your earth life ...cuz ya won,t use them ><><><><:buds:

justplugit
09-17-2010, 10:24 PM
All uze guys are right. :hihi:
I gotta change my way of thinkin that some people
still take pride in their work.

Jeez Mike, I hope I got more than 5 years to catch schoolies. :D

Raven
09-17-2010, 10:41 PM
last week the catalytic converter lets go on the wife's bommer
(kiss 300 $clams goodbye)

i won't use the actual "B" word used here to describe a particular style of lure because then my ip addy gets loaded into a "check for details" file down at the pent - a - gone :grins:

this week: it's my :point: starter motor that's gone ca-put...
on my car (estimate ->200 clams)

hey! they're supposed to last the life of the dammed car
and they aint dead yet...
but wait a minute: this is replacement number 4 :hs:
on both vehicles ........for these parts... :confused:

PRBuzz
09-18-2010, 06:24 AM
hey! they're supposed to last the life of the dammed car
and they aint dead yet...
but wait a minute: this is replacement number 4 :hs:
on both vehicles ........for these parts... :confused:

But that is the whole trap: the best quality part is the original even though that's a piece of sh*t and won't last but the aftermarket parts are even worse so you are now in a spiral of constant replacement.

Maybe that is why the lease market got established: hold a car for 2 years and dump it? I generally buy & hold vehicles at least 8 yrs but am not heavy on the mileage either. Last vehicle bought (Tundra) was one of those 2yr olds just off lease...sweet conditioned vehicle, 24K miles, still under warranty, and mostly depreciated.