View Full Version : Ecduzitgood!

O.D. Mike
09-23-2010, 02:34 PM
Recently,
Ecduzitgood gave me one of his hand painted mackerel plugs. He asked me to swim it and let him know what I thought about it. Let me say its awesome! I plan on fishing it this weekend!
As I was cleaning out one of my rooms to fit my new lathe in, I came across this herring fly. It was made with Yak hair and a tuft of rabbit fur. I made this fly when I was fishing the Martha's Vineyard fly fishing tourneyment a few years back.
Ed and I have talked about dropper flies for a while now and I'm thinking that this is the one that he needs for the fall run.

Thanks again Ed,
Mike

saltydog
09-24-2010, 07:50 AM
O.D. Mike,
don't know how big thats fly is BUT heres the scoop on DROPERS, TEASERS, MOST PLUGS are BIG, an the schools of bait are SMALL. so if you know what the bait is where your fishing thats the size you should be using, my Son has been Custom Tying them for guys who have requested them, an they are haven great SUCCESS of the beach.
GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN:uhuh:
P.S. can you post a pic of the plug ???????????

ecduzitgood
09-24-2010, 02:02 PM
Good luck with the Mac and I say get that fly wet, I remember having a teaser in herring color that I wanted to fish, for me now it's olive/white cause thats all I've got(hint). I think I'll tie one on later;)

O.D. Mike
09-25-2010, 07:54 PM
Salty dog, this is the one....

O.D. Mike
09-25-2010, 07:55 PM
Whoops, should have turned them right side up...

saltydog
09-30-2010, 04:54 PM
O.D. Mike thank you, wow exceeeeelent:drool:
GOOD LUCK GOOD PLUGGIN:uhuh: