View Full Version : People are Funny

bloocrab
09-26-2010, 07:12 AM
Took my pops scup fishing on the skiff yesterday morn.....wind was howling, water was like a washing machine, saw bigger boats head out and turn right back. Bite was S-L=O=W to almost non-existent...lotta work finding scup >> ouch <<.

My pops tells me about the morning bait run. Said he showed up at the bait store just before 6am.

There's a guy standing outside the bait store. The guy stops my dad and asks if my dad will do him a big favor. He'd like my dad to buy some bait for him. Money in hand, he voices his list of bait and tackle.

My puzzled father asks ..."why don't you get it yourself??".. :confused:...

The guy goes on to say that the previous week, he and the owner got into a big argument and this dude swore to never come back....:confused:....My father says, "that's stupid, you're still buying from him"...."yeah, but I'm not going in there though" says the man.

....My father then asks..."How long have you been waiting here?"...."Since 5 am says the man"....:smash::smash:
I mean really, who's getting the upper hand here? The owner's gotta be laughing at this.

I know the owner and know of his anal-like attitude, you just can't take it seriously...some people are just born grumps and this guy could be our "Grumpy Forum" moderator. I find it comical myself, his "customer service" skills are.....:jump1:...off the hook. I've seen him send ( :fury: ) people away because he didn't like something they said....even if HE DID provoke it. I'm not going to name the shop, but I'm sure some of you may know of it.

I never know what to expect when I walk in there. Moral of the story, don't hold a grudge on a bait shop owner when you rely on them for bait, and they open up the earliest.

Happy Fishing!.......AND THANX SLINGAH!!!

WESTPORTMAFIA
09-26-2010, 07:57 AM
Is the owners name John by chance?

Slingah
09-26-2010, 08:59 AM
very happy Gilly to see you are getting use of that skiff....good stuff :)

good2hook
09-26-2010, 09:05 AM
Great picture of ur dad. Nice to see him enjoying his retirement. Gilly if it's the same guy/bait shop im thinking of, great description of the man.:rotf2:

ProfessorM
09-26-2010, 09:52 AM
I know one that fits the bill but i bet there are more than one.

striperman36
09-26-2010, 09:58 AM
I see the employees fighting at a certain shop near you Paul. I don't go there since the truck fire.

ProfessorM
09-26-2010, 10:03 AM
Not who i'm thinking of. I don't go there Bill, unless eels by lb. and I haven't done that in years. They always give me crap stuff for worms. Mike is my guy. Knows what I am looking for and always comes thru.

MarshCappa
09-26-2010, 10:03 AM
Sounds like the bait Nazi! No bait for you!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

striperman36
09-26-2010, 10:05 AM
Not who i'm thinking of. I don't go there Bill, unless eels by lb. and I haven't done that in years. They always give me crap stuff for worms. Mike is my guy. Knows what I am looking for and always comes thru.

Yep, crappy worms. John always came through for me with worms when I go see him on Main St.

striperman36
09-26-2010, 10:06 AM
Is the owners name John by chance?

What it's been a while but he isn't always a pr**k

bloocrab
09-27-2010, 06:49 AM
Great picture of ur dad. Nice to see him enjoying his retirement. Gilly if it's the same guy/bait shop im thinking of, great description of the man.:rotf2:

Yeah, he's been schooling me with the scup.....AND the BASS. He had a stellar day not that long ago...:uhuh: Trying to catch up on lost <<fishing>> years now that he's in his 70s :( . We are having a BLAST though!!!.....Trying to break his old school tactics of ..."if God put it on the hook, then it was meant ....for me to cook"....I've been invited to ALOT of scup dinners lately, ol school style, somehow always leaving his house with a purple buzz, ...scup, home-squeezed wine, and re-fried baked beans......:devil2:,,, my poor, poor wife. :fart2:

I'm not going to name the shop or owner, but you're probably right on your thinking George.

good2hook
09-27-2010, 11:32 AM
man i'm hungry:grins:

numbskull
09-27-2010, 03:49 PM
A bad fisherman blames his worms.