View Full Version : Boots McGillicudy!

BigFish
09-26-2010, 12:05 PM
If you see "Boots" along the canal....be careful! He mugs you when the fish show! Green shorts, white socks, boots, bowling shirt, cool backpack and a pretend canal bike (no tubes etc.) and an 8 foot rod! "Boots" mugged Slipknot this morning when a few small fish showed right in front of him! "Boots" dropped his bike and ran down ditchside about 15 feet from Slip and started casting in front of him!!! Word has it Slip offered to share his waders with "Boots"!:love: Just a warning to keep on the lookout for this fellow......he strikes silently and without warning so watch your backcasts when the fish surface!!!:jump1:

THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!

GattaFish
09-26-2010, 12:30 PM
Wow,,,,, He sounds like the buddy of this guy I ran into the other night,,,

His name was "Ima Dooshbag". the only difference was Ima was wearing some nice gear and wasn't to silent. Matter of fact if he had shut his pie hole I might have shared some info with him,,,,:uhuh::uhuh:

Oh well,,,

BigFish
09-26-2010, 12:32 PM
I see Ima down there on occasion! :jump1:

WoodyCT
09-26-2010, 04:33 PM
We have had a rash of Ima Googan sightings at Quonnie the past couple weekends.

Full write up in the RI forum at the other place.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

GattaFish
09-26-2010, 05:20 PM

Thats why I never go there,,,,,

Mike P
09-26-2010, 06:23 PM
Ima Googan most often visits the Canal on those weekend morning plugging tides. You almost never run into Ima at 2 AM ;)

The worst guy you'll meet in the o' dark-thirty hours is his distant cousin, Atsmy Rock.

Ima also likes those areas where you can park and fish close by, at the extreme ends of the Canal :grins:

WoodyCT
09-26-2010, 07:30 PM

You rock stars only fish small desolate islands and super secret locals unknown to the general public. ;-))

Slipknot
09-26-2010, 07:54 PM
Sneakers

zimmy
09-26-2010, 07:59 PM
Ima was east last night. Came in and chunked bait about 30 ft downtide of where we were plugging and jigging. Good the fish were in China or we mighta had to acknowledge his presence.

Backbeach Jake
09-26-2010, 08:00 PM
Had the pleasure of fishing next to him during TrollFest. When I was into fish. He decided to cross my line nearly every cast and claimed he couldn;t cast the other way. My next plug run will be the "Line Cutter" series...

BigFish
09-26-2010, 08:06 PM
Sneakers

"Boots" rings better!:rotf2:

Slipknot
09-26-2010, 08:06 PM
My next plug run will be the "Line Cutter" series...

I made one of those , for the road casters:smash:

Fishoholic
09-26-2010, 08:07 PM

The other night reminded me why I really don't like the place. I'm too impatient for rotations. 15 minutes in between drifts get old after 30 minutes.

GattaFish
09-27-2010, 08:14 AM
You rock stars only fish small desolate islands and super secret locals unknown to the general public. ;-))

lol,, what ever,,, only thing I got to show for my efforts this year is a bunch of empty commuter books and sand in my shoes,,,,:wall::wall:

I think I going to head east and start hunting "Boots"... I might be able to get some type of reward for a photo...... Kinda like a bigfoot sighting,,,,

piemma
09-27-2010, 02:56 PM
...and all of those reasons are why I have been living on 4 hours sleep for 2 weeks. I fish as late and as early as the tide will permit and that I will miss Ima and Boots

Swimmer
09-27-2010, 03:03 PM
Ima Googan most often visits the Canal on those weekend morning plugging tides. You almost never run into Ima at 2 AM ;)

The worst guy you'll meet in the o' dark-thirty hours is his distant cousin, Atsmy Rock.

Ima also likes those areas where you can park and fish close by, at the extreme ends of the Canal :grins:

Ya always know your fishing on ATSMYROCK rock when he parks his ass three stones over from you at 3:00 friggin a.m.
I sometimes at that point sit down and finish my Cumbies coffee and eat the Debbie's Snack and smack my lips like its delicious. Then I get up and start casting in his direction until he moves.

tysdad115
09-27-2010, 03:09 PM
This has to be the guy riding with a cell phone stuck to his ear reporting/checking with others. Now it's a multi person conspiracy! Those bastages.

BigFish
09-27-2010, 03:14 PM
...and all of those reasons are why I have been living on 4 hours sleep for 2 weeks. I fish as late and as early as the tide will permit and that I will miss Ima and Boots

Ima and Boots are always there Paul.....no matter the time....eventually they will find you!!:uhuh:

WoodyCT
09-27-2010, 03:34 PM
Ima Captain came to visit me at The Hill one morning not long ago. There I was all alone on the front with no birds and some dinks toying with my 3oz. Pencil when Ima spots me. He cuts it hard to starboard and slows down to idle straight at me.

Whud I do? I sent Mr. Gibbs out to show Ima where my property ended.

The clown stayed about 50' out of range and cast toward me for a fish less 1/2 hour before heading off to badger someone else.

flyvice11787
09-27-2010, 09:26 PM
If you guys have never been, you should come by Montauk and see the tool convention that takes place every fall :rotf2:. Especially when a blitz breaks out :jump1:. I've learned not to get mad and just step back and laugh :uhuh:.

iamskippy
09-27-2010, 10:00 PM
This has to be the guy riding with a cell phone stuck to his ear reporting/checking with others. Now it's a multi person conspiracy! Those bastages.

Andy i think it was the guy that got you last time we went, you know that guy 2 feet to your left, MR. IMA Caniborrowurbugspray Boots.

zimmy
09-28-2010, 08:56 AM

Ima came in to us at 3:30 am. But, his last name may have been Ayehole or something along those lines and not Googan.

BigFish
09-28-2010, 08:58 AM
You met Iman Ayehole??? He has a twin brother you know.....Fargen Ayehole! Could have been either one!!:rotf2:

redlite
09-28-2010, 09:13 AM
You met Iman Ayehole??? He has a twin brother you know.....Fargen Ayehole! Could have been either one!!:rotf2:

...I've never met them, but I often fish with their great Uncle Douche Bagalow.....

ProfessorM
09-28-2010, 09:38 AM
hey L. after you fish there for many years you will learn to just accept it and consider it part of going to the canal. Heck you've never fished live herring season or the zoo that drifting pogie chunks used to create at certain spots, so you have no idea how bad it can get. You got the bike just move to another spot and let your blood pressure remain low. Actually there are lots of guys just looking for some guidance and would probably really thank you for telling them the correct way to go about fishing among others.

BigFish
09-28-2010, 09:45 AM
There was a guy earlier this season I wanted to teach how to do the back stroke in the canal!!!! His name was #^&#^&#^&#^& Head! Anyone here know him????:rotf2:

ProfessorM
09-28-2010, 09:51 AM
relax big guy. supposed to be fun

When does the idiot kayak drivers bashing start:uhuh:

Sea Dangles
09-28-2010, 11:08 AM
I have seen Larry get worked up over hills of beans before....

Seldom do I run into anything like he describes.Maybe I should fish daybreak on weekends more often,then I can blame the internet for a crowd at the most popular fishing destination in New England.

I remember when I first started fishing the canal,I was causing some commentary amongst the canal wise men and I could sense disapproval.I asked no one in particular for some pointers.A man in white boots came over and patiently described the jigging rotation and how it was difficult for pluggers and jiggers to fish in the same area.I thanked him for his help and awkwardly stuck my hand out.I wish there were more people like him around to help.This was the first time I met Bob Samuelson.

WoodyCT
09-28-2010, 11:41 AM
... Actually there are lots of guys just looking for some guidance and would probably really thank you for telling them the correct way to go about fishing among others.

Thanks for being so generous Paul.:uhuh:

I'll bring this year's crop of Connecticut Surfcasters Association newbies up when the report looks good.

What do you drive? I'll drop them off at your truck.

Saltheart
09-28-2010, 11:59 AM
The worst IMO are 1) the ones who cast right over your head from the road above. Not only is it rude but its stupid because they almost never get their rig back :devil:
2) The group of guys who take up a whole section of choice spots and then just stand around talking and drinking Dunkin Donuts coffee. They never even put the lines in the water and then leave all their DD cups and bags behind in the rocks.

ProfessorM
09-28-2010, 12:15 PM
Thanks for being so generous Paul.:uhuh:

I'll bring this year's crop of Connecticut Surfcasters Association newbies up when the report looks good.

What do you drive? I'll drop them off at your truck.

come on down just make sure it is a weekday though . I don't fish many weekends there. too many Larry's:)

flyvice11787
09-28-2010, 01:22 PM
come on down just make sure it is a weekday though . I don't fish many weekends there. too many Larry's:)

Bazinga :D!

Pete F.
09-28-2010, 03:30 PM
I think that left a mark

Slipknot
09-28-2010, 03:57 PM
I'm pretty sure it bothered Larry and it didn't bother me at all. I just chuckled.

I enjoy morning plugging once the sunrises, the other people don't bother me unless they cast over me from the road. I like jigging in the dark and sticking around for the breaking fish and trying to hook up on top.

flyvice11787
09-28-2010, 06:24 PM
Although I didn't see any plates from New England, I'm pretty sure Boots and some of his friends were on the north side of Montauk this afternoon :tooth:.

Mike P
09-29-2010, 03:40 PM

Well, I jinxed myself. Ima Googan showed up last night, with his buddies, Ima Googoantwo and Ima Googanthree, and proceeded to set up 50' downtide of me, with no one fishing for a mile either side of me. And started casting 3 oz jigs and retrieving them like Polarises, right over my line. :wall:

Of course, I got the classic "No English" when i tried to talk to them about it. :doh:

You think white buckets are a bad sign? When you see guys towing those little coolers on wheels, don't even wait to see if they'll interfere. If they set up within 200' of you, pack up and move. It'll save a lot of aggravation.

WoodyCT
09-29-2010, 08:28 PM
Ima Scaryoldfart was out at Q this evening. Big, fast, no look back swing with plug flying all over the place. He cast over your head when you were down unhooking a fish.

Topper was when he cast over a guy who was hooked up, and hooked the guy in the shorts after tangling with him.

Sheesh!

Mike P
09-29-2010, 08:45 PM
Ima Scaryoldfart was out at Q this evening. Big, fast, no look back swing with plug flying all over the place. He cast over your head when you were down unhooking a fish.

Topper was when he cast over a guy who was hooked up, and hooked the guy in the shorts after tangling with him.

Sheesh!

He's lucky he didn't become Ima Swimmer.

At the very least, I would have re-named him Ima Plugless.

Backbeach Jake
09-29-2010, 09:22 PM
My biggest fear is that the dope will set up whilst I'm untangling us. That's just what I'd want...not! I'll cut myself free if their snarl, oh sorry , your line parted...

redlite
09-30-2010, 06:52 AM
....Last nite I got to meet ImaGonna CrossU.........Out on a sand bar all by myself, drifting plugs out on a dropping tide, and clown comes out and bombs a storm shad over my line........By the time I gave up and cut the ball of yarn out of my line, it cost me a quarter of my spool of PP. Thanks numbnuts.:zup:

BigFish
09-30-2010, 07:26 AM
Redlite.....did we let numbnuts know he was an asshat???:uhuh:

redlite
09-30-2010, 07:41 AM
Redlite.....did we let numbnuts know he was an asshat???:uhuh:

Not sure. Let's see if I did....

Sooo BACK BEACH, did I??????????????

BigFish
09-30-2010, 07:44 AM
Ouch!!! That stings!:hihi:

ProfessorM
09-30-2010, 08:57 AM
thats what you get for fishing plugs.

Back Beach
09-30-2010, 09:17 AM
thats what you get for fishing plugs.

One of mine to boot...

ProfessorM
09-30-2010, 09:47 AM
LOL.:biglaugh: the plug probably knew the fisherman really didn't want to be using him, rather be using an eel,Plugs can sense that you know.:uhuh: so it tried to return to its loving creator and was willing to do what ever it took. Did it let out a barely audible, please don't, scream when you handed it back to the semi non believer?

RIJIMMY
09-30-2010, 11:11 AM
Rough crowd!
Just a warning - I may fish the canal this weekend, so please stay away. Dont want to offend anyone. Maybe I'll wear a cowbell on my neck and if you hear me coming, you can run away?

Saltheart
09-30-2010, 12:08 PM
The funny thing (or not so funny when it happens) is that guys who know what they are doing can fish about 15 feet apart at the canal and not interfer with eachother but one guy who is clueless can kill 200 feet of shoreline between him and the next closest guy. I always try to show guys how to synch with the other fisherman. Some get it and fit right in. Some try but don't and some couldn't care less about anyone around them.

BigFish
09-30-2010, 12:42 PM
Ain't that the truth Saltheart!!:uhuh:

tysdad115
09-30-2010, 01:13 PM
I let my 9 year old fish right next to me, upcurrent or down. He knows when to throw it out and when to get it the hell in fast! Some other meatheads could learn from watching him. I've also "offered my opinion" to those who think they will come down and fish right in front of him. Most people see the great sight of a kid throwing plugs and respect it, there are those that flirt with danger messing with the boy... I would let him fish next to anyone.

influx99
09-30-2010, 04:40 PM
So which is the larger infraction, the mugging or not being appropriately attired/geared up to fish the canal?

zimmy
10-01-2010, 09:49 AM
You think white buckets are a bad sign? When you see guys towing those little coolers on wheels, don't even wait to see if they'll interfere. I

Saw probably the same group over the weekend. If it was them, there English was sufficient to understand you.

Back Beach
10-01-2010, 01:10 PM
Rough crowd!
Just a warning - I may fish the canal this weekend, so please stay away. Dont want to offend anyone. Maybe I'll wear a cowbell on my neck and if you hear me coming, you can run away?

Let me know what side you'll be on so I don't get down wind of you and have to smell your dead eels all night...my fishing partner stinks enough as it is.

BassDawg
10-01-2010, 11:46 PM
Let me know what side you'll be on so I don't get down wind of you and have to smell your dead eels all night...my fishing partner stinks enough as it is.

hope to sea you on THE rotation, Sat am~~~

will be brangin' sum rigged Ones, a few more for you and the Boyz,

that is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,iffin yer arms are still attached to yer torso!
:bl: :bl: :bl: