View Full Version : albies

niko
09-27-2010, 04:31 PM
i have yet to have a chance to target them this year. how have thier numbers been this year in buz bay and vinyard sound. i've talked to a few guys who say it's been a poor year for them so far. does that sound about right or am i talking to the wrong people?

Albie1guy
09-27-2010, 04:36 PM
Not much of a showing this year so far, not sure if it will get better. Spent a week on MV only saw them a few times and they were too far from the shore. The boats had a better chance. Look at the Derby results that will tell the story.

taJon
09-28-2010, 04:22 PM
MrHunters and I didn't see any in the sound. I think they're gone. the water was only 67

Pete_G
09-28-2010, 04:41 PM
It seemed like a pretty good year for them, at least on the Western side of Buzzards and certainly in Newport and Narragansett.

They have been AWOL for at least a few days now though.

striperman36
09-28-2010, 05:47 PM
It seemed like a pretty good year for them, at least on the Western side of Buzzards and certainly in Newport and Narragansett.

They have been AWOL for at least a few days now though.

Not where you state. A few days on the Wall, Igor then gone.

MrHunters
09-28-2010, 06:02 PM
take a look at derby numbers. That should give you an idea.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Pete_G
09-28-2010, 06:34 PM
Not where you state. A few days on the Wall, Igor then gone.

Not good in Newport and Narragansett? People didn't catch them off the gas dock at the Newport Yachting Center in the Harbor this year like in one exceptional year but it was pretty damn good.

It was a short window of a little more then 2 weeks but it was wild. Started around September 7th.

striperman36
09-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Not good in Newport and Narragansett? People didn't catch them off the gas dock at the Newport Yachting Center in the Harbor this year like in one exceptional year but it was pretty damn good.

It was a short window of a little more then 2 weeks but it was wild. Started around September 7th.

you didn't tell me that, again. when I asked you. You guys are upstairs way too long.

capecodkid
09-28-2010, 07:45 PM
Wasn't too bad, been on and off. Just gotta know where to go. All the regulars have been on fish pretty good. Theres been some days you can walk on them. Not as good as last year when anyone could find them but still pretty good.

ProfessorM
09-29-2010, 01:40 PM
good for you kid.

MrHunters
09-30-2010, 11:23 AM
Wasn't too bad, been on and off. Just gotta know where to go. All the regulars have been on fish pretty good. Theres been some days you can walk on them. Not as good as last year when anyone could find them but still pretty good.

weird saying there are days you can walk on them and not as good as last year in the same thought. What's better than walking on them? :confused:

MarshCappa
09-30-2010, 04:19 PM
We searched yesterday for them in the sound from the Wianno Club to Edgartown to Cotuit. Nothing.

capecodkid
09-30-2010, 04:41 PM
weird saying there are days you can walk on them and not as good as last year in the same thought. What's better than walking on them? :confused:

Last year you could walk on them every day in September. This year its only been a handful of days. Usually weekdays/cloudy.

We had a good push on the southside in August, and no one but a few guys knew about. All big fish 8-12lbs. Then that push disappeared for 2 weeks and it was dead on the southside, then a new push came and its been good since then (smaller fish).

It can be/has been really specific areas/tides this year also, where last year it was everywhere. Somedays they'll feed hard in one spot and next day same conditions it'll be dead there. Last year was more consistent and widespread. Sunday was good, I'll be back at it saturday to check around.

niko
09-30-2010, 06:45 PM
good luck kid, i'm gonna give it a go next week. i'll beat myself up all winter if i don't at least try

striperman36
09-30-2010, 06:50 PM
Tell me when, I'll go with you if you would like a crew.

ProfessorM
09-30-2010, 09:02 PM
Last year you could walk on them every day in September. This year its only been a handful of days. Usually weekdays/cloudy.

We had a good push on the southside in August, and no one but a few guys knew about. All big fish 8-12lbs. Then that push disappeared for 2 weeks and it was dead on the southside, then a new push came and its been good since then (smaller fish).

It can be/has been really specific areas/tides this year also, where last year it was everywhere. Somedays they'll feed hard in one spot and next day same conditions it'll be dead there. Last year was more consistent and widespread. Sunday was good, I'll be back at it saturday to check around.

last year was the balls for sure. I also heard Sunday was good. I hope some go over to the Vineyard this coming week. Point them over there will yeah kid

fish4striper
10-01-2010, 07:24 AM

I booked a cottage for a week in Sept based on last years reports and it was dead but it looked like RI lit up that week. Seems they've been more sporadic this year than last. Been a weird year for alot of different species.

JackK
10-01-2010, 11:16 AM
I'm gonna give it a go on my friends boat tomorrow AM outta WH before striperfest. Hopefully we'll get tight.

capecodkid
10-03-2010, 04:06 PM
Saturday was good, today was much quieter.

niko
10-03-2010, 05:32 PM
how many did you get randy?

capecodkid
10-03-2010, 07:05 PM
Only hooked one and pulled the hook. Had some bad fly line tangles on good shots, my fault. There were a good number of boats putting them down trolling through them where I was. A buddy hit them better to the east where there were less boats. O well shoulda gone down there like I originally was going to. If you want some intel PM me niko.