View Full Version : Texting While Driving Law!!!

BigFish
09-30-2010, 08:00 AM
It goes into effect today......and I hope they catch very one of you sorry so-and-sos and you get a huge ticket and a surcharge on your insurance!!! Stupidest thing ever invented and the sheeple......they love it!!! Just wish you fools were looking up at me while driving by so you could see me flipping you off!!!!!:uhuh:

PRBuzz
09-30-2010, 08:11 AM
Will this cut down on your S-B.com posting rate.......:)

BigFish
09-30-2010, 08:23 AM
I do not text....at all.....AT ALL!!!! People have a perfectly functioning phone and they choose to text????:smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash: :smash:

redlite
09-30-2010, 08:27 AM
I do not text....at all.....AT ALL!!!! People have a perfectly functioning phone and they choose to text????:smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash: :smash:

Larry, did you just almost run someone over typing this?
It isn't an alibi for the judge........

Redsoxticket
09-30-2010, 08:33 AM
Typing the numbers to make a phone call is like texting but will it warrant a ticket ?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

BigFish
09-30-2010, 08:42 AM
Nope!!! Stupid!!! They should have made it an across the board law and include ALL cell phone use!!!! Too many loopholes in the law!

BigBo
09-30-2010, 08:51 AM
I have people I work with that can't even do their job because they're too busy texting when they should be working. :smash:
To me, texting is a step backwards in technology. I hate it too Larry. :wall:

PRBuzz
09-30-2010, 09:04 AM
Typing address into a GPS is OK still to do....that is not supposedly texting and distracting to your driving...one more time :smash:

luds
09-30-2010, 09:14 AM
For those of us in the do more with less working world :devil2: texting and mobile device e-mail can be our life line. What better way to make use of otherwise wasted bumper to bumper commuting time that can take hours. This law should be age specific just like the new law regarding teenage cell phone use while driving. I have no problem banning teens from texting. There should be extra fines for sexting unless they're 18 of course. :rtfm: If I had my way there wouldn't be cell phones but the reality is to survive and prosper in the corporate world and put food on the table for your family you need to make use of every minute in your day. The phone doesn't exactly cut it either since documentation is key and when you're sitting in traffic @ 6:30 in the morning it might not be the best time to call someone. :) Might result in some fatalities, smeared winshields, and fender benders but that's what makes the world go round these days. Texting isn't the problem. It's the demands put on people that have to do it. :yak5:

Dick Durand
09-30-2010, 09:17 AM
Victor - Do I sense any irony given that your post was from a mobile phone?

BigFish
09-30-2010, 09:20 AM
Texting most certainly is the problem! Texting while driving is now killing more people then driving while drunk!!!!!!! Its senseless bull%$%$%$%$ and most texts are just nonsensical drivel that is not necessary in the least!

Example: "What are you doing?"

Response: "Nothing.....what are you doing?"

Response: "Texting you.....what do you think I am doing?"

Is any of it really the relevant or important that it can't wait??? Really??? We did without cell phones so well for so long!!!

Ask Piemma if the girl that crippled and almost killed his brother in law was "Putting food on the table" when she hit him???? You can rationalize texting and its "fundamental uses" all you want.....but you have a 'FULLY FUNCTIONING PHONE' IN YOUR HAND....USE THE DAMN THING AND AT LEAST KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE F-IN ROAD!!!!!

Rob Rockcrawler
09-30-2010, 09:28 AM
No more S-B sticker sighting posts while driving down the pike.

PRBuzz
09-30-2010, 09:28 AM
Luds: Maybe you wouldn't be sitting in traffic backups at 6:30 in the morning if everyone was driving, not texting, checking e-mails, voice mails, etc......

BigFish
09-30-2010, 09:29 AM
PS-When you are driving.......that is all you are supposed to be doing! Thats it...just driving!!! Not putting on make-up, not watching a video or screwing with the GD GPS, or texting or dialing the friggin phone or scratching scratch tickets or reading the newspaper or......and here is the best one I ever saw.....TURNING AROUND TO SPOON FEED THE BABY!!!! Oh yeah!!! Saw that one!!!! Amazing! But we need to make use of all the wasted minutes and hours in the car while we can so lets put peoples lives and safety down the list of really important things to consider......while driving!!!!

Anyone else with really creative rationalizations for why its "OK" to text while driving.....do me a favor and stick it in your ear.....that is if you can fit your hand where your head is!

BigFish
09-30-2010, 09:33 AM
Luds: Maybe you wouldn't be sitting in traffic backups at 6:30 in the morning if everyone was driving, not texting, checking e-mails, voice mails, etc......

My God a rational voice!! I think alot of folks drink while they drive just so they can make better use of the time wasted while driving!!!!:buds:

Redsoxticket
09-30-2010, 10:09 AM
Victor - Do I sense any irony given that your post was from a mobile phone?

I refuse to answer on the grounds that it may incriminate me ??
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device while stopped

Rob Rockcrawler
09-30-2010, 10:26 AM
Can anyone else see the commonwealth taking some of our tax dollars and making designated areas along the highway for texting areas?

fishsmith
09-30-2010, 10:29 AM
I heard on the radio that texting accidents have increased in the other states after they implemented a similar law to this. Reason being, folks are trying to hide that their texting, taking even more attention off the road.

I like the no-texting rule, but hate force fed common sense laws like seatbelts.

And I pity the cops who have try and enforce this.

Do phones like JohnR's droid has voice to text capabilities ... if not, it's a just a matter of time ....

The line from 'The Hangover' comes in handy here -- ... do me a favor, don't text me, it's gay .

FISHING_FOOL
09-30-2010, 10:29 AM
I think this is really good law but my question is how is it going to enforced? If I'm holding my phone and using the GPS or checking the weather how will the police know that is what I am doing and not texting?? They can't pull you over and ask for your phone so I'm at a loss for how they are going to deal with this.

luds
09-30-2010, 10:34 AM

The traffic was there way before texting was even an option...

For the record I don't text and drive. Just trying to give the big guy a little bit of a hard time while he's on his soap box. I almost get pissed when my cell rings period. I love my wife but nothing drives me more nuts when she calls me a few times from the grocery store to ask me if I want this or that. She knows the answer but just calls me because she knows she can rather than trying to think of the answer. Can you say lazy! Technology makes things easier but also highly contributes to the stupidity of people these days. Texting is just another example.

Fishoholic
09-30-2010, 10:38 AM
I only text at stop lights because if I do it while I'm driving I might spill my beer and I won't have a free hand to change the radio station or program my gps :buds:

luds
09-30-2010, 10:42 AM
I only text at stop lights because if I do it while I'm driving I might spill my beer and I won't have a free hand to change the radio station or program my gps :buds:

Stop lights are the best. When I'm going fishing straight from work I use them to change into my waders and look in the back seat for the plugs I want to swap into my bag for the trip. If you see an F-150 with a big hair %$$ in the window and a rod on top of it at say hi! Sorry, no s-b sticker. I'm too stealthy for that.

numbskull
09-30-2010, 10:42 AM
I love my wife but nothing drives me more nuts when she calls me a few times from the grocery store to ask me if I want this or that. She knows the answer but just calls me because she knows she can rather than trying to think of the answer. Can you say lazy! .

Tell her, "more ice cream!"

BasicPatrick
09-30-2010, 10:43 AM
But if we passed all the laws Big Fish is suggesting what would he complain about?

(note to all: I pretty much agree w the big fellah and this post is just to poke fun at the bear with the emphasis on fun)

saltyric
09-30-2010, 10:44 AM
"breakin the law, breakin the law"

sokinwet
09-30-2010, 10:56 AM
You can't legislate away stupidity....this coming from a guy who almost drove off the road while practicing goose calling...while steering with my knees.

BigFish
09-30-2010, 11:08 AM
The traffic was there way before texting was even an option...

For the record I don't text and drive. Just trying to give the big guy a little bit of a hard time while he's on his soap box. I almost get pissed when my cell rings period. I love my wife but nothing drives me more nuts when she calls me a few times from the grocery store to ask me if I want this or that. She knows the answer but just calls me because she knows she can rather than trying to think of the answer. Can you say lazy! Technology makes things easier but also highly contributes to the stupidity of people these days. Texting is just another example.

Thats what I like to hear Mike. I hate cell phones and often dream of just tossing it in the ditch. For the record.....I used no exclamation points in this post....just for you.:)

BigFish
09-30-2010, 11:10 AM
Stop lights are the best. When I'm going fishing straight from work I use them to change into my waders and look in the back seat for the plugs I want to swap into my bag for the trip. If you see an F-150 with a big hair %$$ in the window and a rod on top of it at say hi! Sorry, no s-b sticker. I'm too stealthy for that.

Funny!!! Sorry...had to use em'!:rotf2:

luds
09-30-2010, 11:29 AM
I do still think that the working and texting crowd is responding to the need to do it to keep up.

Sea Dangles
09-30-2010, 11:33 AM
I text with my kids,they always respond which is not the case with a call. They don't even have ringtones for a call.Next thing you know the typewriter will become obsolete and we won't have to get up to change the channel on the television.Maybe some folks,like my Dad,will soon join this fad they call texting.

Rockfish9
09-30-2010, 11:38 AM
VOICEMAIL..... turn the phone off while you drive...the world will not end if you dont get the message until you arrive... if work was that important you should have slept there....

I'm now driving 2010 pickup because some moron playing with their cell phone drove into the side of my 04 two weeks ago...

I've been cut off and rear ended because of cell phone use... dont tell me it is not a distraction...and it's not just teen agers...

BTW... I dont text...PERIOD...

zacs
09-30-2010, 12:09 PM
I'm now driving 2010 pickup because some moron playing with their cell phone drove into the side of my 04 two weeks ago...

SWEET...You got a new tuck :kewl::kewl:

Diggin Jiggin
09-30-2010, 12:15 PM
PS-When you are driving.......that is all you are supposed to be doing! Thats it...just driving!!! Not putting on make-up, not watching a video or screwing with the GD GPS, or texting or dialing the friggin phone or scratching scratch tickets or reading the newspaper or......and here is the best one I ever saw.....TURNING AROUND TO SPOON FEED THE BABY!!!! Oh yeah!!! Saw that one!!!! Amazing! But we need to make use of all the wasted minutes and hours in the car while we can so lets put peoples lives and safety down the list of really important things to consider......while driving!!!!

Anyone else with really creative rationalizations for why its "OK" to text while driving.....do me a favor and stick it in your ear.....that is if you can fit your hand where your head is!

How about looking for breaking fish while driving over the sagamore. Is that ok ? I can't NOT look.

spinncognito
09-30-2010, 12:16 PM
:smash:Why do they create laws for laws that already exist. Is texting while driving not just another form of "Driving to Endanger"?

luds
09-30-2010, 12:21 PM
VOICEMAIL..... turn the phone off while you drive...the world will not end if you dont get the message until you arrive... if work was that important you should have slept there....

The world may not end but your job might and I'm sure some would sleep in their offices. I think this kind of points to another reason people do it. They don't want to have to do it when they get home so they can spend time with their families. It's a question whether you want to impact drive time vs. family time.

Sorry about your driving misfortune. Hopefully all it impacted was your vehicle.

Fly Rod
09-30-2010, 12:36 PM
People that text are not good communicators in person. They use the "F" word more frequently then not.

They say such as, " I don't gut(got) any of that," instead of saying, " I do not have any of that."

The commonwealth should take the law a step further, and band cell phones while driving.

BigFish
09-30-2010, 12:47 PM
Work can wait.....please. What in your line of work is that important Luds??? If it is that important.....can't ya pull over and deal with it? I personally think the "Work" angle is just an excuse and I am betting the majority of your texts are personal in nature?? Fishing?? The Wife??? Just a guess? Even if its not an excuse I have said it before....safety first above all else....most certainly above work! That family of 4 in the car you kill would think so???

luds
09-30-2010, 01:12 PM
Work can wait.....please. What in your line of work is that important Luds??? If it is that important.....can't ya pull over and deal with it? I personally think the "Work" angle is just an excuse and I am betting the majority of your texts are personal in nature?? Fishing?? The Wife??? Just a guess? Even if its not an excuse I have said it before....safety first above all else....most certainly above work! That family of 4 in the car you kill would think so???

Fortunately I don't have a job where I'm on call 24/7 so it's not an issue for me but it's a little different for someone in the IT world or in a sr. leadership role. Turn your phone off everyday for your commute home and see what happens. Your jobs going bye bye. What would prompt you to pull over since the suggestion was that your phone should be off? I'm not saying it's right, it's just how it is. People that drive poorly because their chatting with their friends or texting are be idiotic but I just don't see it quite the same way for people that are working. It's not good but I feel like to a certain extent they are doing what they have to do. For me I work from home as much as possible to avoid any unecessary face to face contact with humans so I'm able I rarely have to worry about taking a business call while driving. Some folks have no choice other than to find another job which seems to be a little difficult right now. Again, texting/tallking about work in the car is not a part of my life but I see why it is for many people and I won't point a finger at them.

All my texts are fishing related or sexual, mostly both!!!!!!!!!!!

MarkB
09-30-2010, 01:13 PM
I was driving home from fishing last night, pulled up to an intersection, and waited for the guy opposite me to take the right of way. He sits there. Then I get a good look - his hand is to his head holding a phone.

Can't talk and drive at the same time, so he decided to stop driving at the stop sign and finish talking. This is why I can't carry a gun.

Rappin Mikey
09-30-2010, 01:20 PM
My wife and I have our text messaging blocked. I kept getting gross pictures of fat naked women from my friends. Plus my fingers are so fat everything comes out misspelled.

BigFish
09-30-2010, 01:28 PM
I was driving home from fishing last night, pulled up to an intersection, and waited for the guy opposite me to take the right of way. He sits there. Then I get a good look - his hand is to his head holding a phone.

Can't talk and drive at the same time, so he decided to stop driving at the stop sign and finish talking. This is why I can't carry a gun.

Happens all the time!! We should be allowed to both carry and shoot on site!!! Stupidity should carry a heavy penalty!

Rockport24
09-30-2010, 01:38 PM
Ok, I can see about the texting, but what about "sexting" THAT should be allowed to continue at any venue!

american spirit
09-30-2010, 01:38 PM
settle down bigfish. you should have put this in the grumpy old farts forum. you should run for political office. another law and another step for government to have more control over people. i would imagine people will just be more discrete texting in cars now making it difficult for cops to spot you.

Slipknot
09-30-2010, 02:32 PM
I should send a text to Bigfish right now

if I can figure out how to :hidin:

luds
09-30-2010, 02:42 PM
I should send a text to Bigfish right now

if I can figure out how to :hidin:

I hope for his sake the bigfish bait co. phone number is land line because i now have it!!!!!!!!!! :rotf2:

Van
09-30-2010, 02:49 PM
I did all my texting while driving yesterday, WITHOUT a seatbelt on.

So I guess I'm all set.

In my defense, I was making fishing plans !!!:jump1:
Some things just can't wait. :smash:

bassballer
09-30-2010, 02:53 PM
i try not to text and drive but to be honest on my commute home I usually get a boat load of emails and some cannot wait. I have a 40 min commute home and some replys cannot wait that long. When the boss comes a callin i need to be answerin. Law or not. Job comes first. Thats why they strapped me with the crackberry.

Slipknot
09-30-2010, 03:00 PM
Eyes should be on the road

no excuses

it's as criminal as drunk driving when you get in an accident

phone records can be checked and liability will be confirmed, so don't text and drive.

not even at a stoplight

BigFish
09-30-2010, 03:06 PM
settle down bigfish. you should have put this in the grumpy old farts forum. you should run for political office. another law and another step for government to have more control over people. i would imagine people will just be more discrete texting in cars now making it difficult for cops to spot you.

This is not about control over people....its about safety! I am guessing you are a texting man Shocker??:uhuh:

BigFish
09-30-2010, 03:08 PM
Oh and nice try with the texting kids......maybe you did not read the part where I do not text.....they simply go where unread texts go to die!:jump1: Or I can shut the phone off....cause I hate the damn thing anyway!

tysdad115
09-30-2010, 04:00 PM
What about driving and fondling my new BigFish plugs? I swear that rainbow one is winnking at me.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Pete_G
09-30-2010, 04:09 PM
Separating the text message from the driving - I'll never understand the hate of the text message.

Quick, silent, effective, and unobtrusive.

Also great if you need to talk to someone who is prone to talking on the phone about nothing for an extended period of time. You can avoid that painful and time consuming phone call.

I guess you can hate the text message in and of itself (although I'll never understand why) - just don't ever be that jackhole jabbering away in line while waiting for a coffee or at the food store on your cell phone.

MarshCappa
09-30-2010, 04:16 PM
My wife called me on her way home and told me someone she works with got pulled over in the Longwood area of boston this morning for texting. He got a warning. Supposedly he said he wasn't even texting but was punching in the password to unlock his phone that had an incoming call??? Who the hell locks down their phone with a password?

Swimmer
09-30-2010, 04:16 PM
For those of us in the do more with less working world :devil2: texting and mobile device e-mail can be our life line. What better way to make use of otherwise wasted bumper to bumper commuting time that can take hours. This law should be age specific just like the new law regarding teenage cell phone use while driving. I have no problem banning teens from texting. There should be extra fines for sexting unless they're 18 of course. :rtfm: If I had my way there wouldn't be cell phones but the reality is to survive and prosper in the corporate world and put food on the table for your family you need to make use of every minute in your day. The phone doesn't exactly cut it either since documentation is key and when you're sitting in traffic @ 6:30 in the morning it might not be the best time to call someone. :) Might result in some fatalities, smeared winshields, and fender benders but that's what makes the world go round these days. Texting isn't the problem. It's the demands put on people that have to do it. :yak5:

Whatever did you do before you had texting?

Swimmer
09-30-2010, 04:19 PM
I hope for his sake the bigfish bait co. phone number is land line because i now have it!!!!!!!!!! :rotf2:

Thats O.K. Luds, you aren't going to bother Larry by calling, because he doesn't answer it.

basswipe
09-30-2010, 04:52 PM
About freaking time.

Can't wait till a full ban on handhelds while driving is made law.I've literally had three near-death experiences because of sh!theads gabbing away on the phone.No message or conversation is worth another person's life.Two hands on the wheel will always be safer than one!

Humans got along just fine before cellphones.

luds
09-30-2010, 04:58 PM
Thats O.K. Luds, you aren't going to bother Larry by calling, because he doesn't answer it.

That's assuming he can figure out how to turn off the ring tone that goes off every time he gets a message. I guess he probably already had Fischick turn that off for him.

PRBuzz
09-30-2010, 05:38 PM
My wife teaches at the high school and has a senior home room: she asked them today what they thought about the new law no texting/cell phone use while driving......their answer: what law?

BigFish
09-30-2010, 06:14 PM
Separating the text message from the driving - I'll never understand the hate of the text message.

Quick, silent, effective, and unobtrusive.

Also great if you need to talk to someone who is prone to talking on the phone about nothing for an extended period of time. You can avoid that painful and time consuming phone call.

I guess you can hate the text message in and of itself (although I'll never understand why) - just don't ever be that jackhole jabbering away in line while waiting for a coffee or at the food store on your cell phone.

Yeah...I love when people are texting sitting in front of you at a movie!!! Very unobtrusive! Or when they cruise through the red light in front of you and but for the grace of God and the fact that you happened to be paying attention while driving....they did not T-BONE you and kill you......nothing inobtrusive about that?? Or when they are at a dinner table in a restaurant......ignorant!!! It is the most ridiculous thing ever invented! Did I mention that same little box has a working telephone in it!!!! If you use it properly you can hear and talk to people on the other end???

JohnnyD
09-30-2010, 06:19 PM
My wife teaches at the high school and has a senior home room: she asked them today what they thought about the new law no texting/cell phone use while driving......their answer: what law?

If it wasn't for doing a lot of highway driving, I wouldn't have known either. Refuse to watch the nightly news and haven't set up to get delivery of the local paper yet.

Raven
09-30-2010, 06:35 PM

i am in this group....

my texting feature with Verizon wireless
was disabled
when i purchased the phones

Rockfish9
09-30-2010, 07:40 PM
Or I can shut the phone off....cause I hate the damn thing anyway!

Big guy.. I knew there was a reason I like you!!!! If not for work I would not have a phone at all....

I am on call 24/7... I am responsible for the up keep of 3 manufacturing facillities... all calls from the alarm company ( flood alarm and waste treatment, loss of electricity etc.) as well as any manufacturing/machine break downs get fielded to me.. I dont care if the plant is on fire... it can wait until I'm not behind the wheel..

Just tonight, in Reading square , I sat through a light cycle because the young lady in front of me was pre occupied with her phone... I stood pat.. she ran the light... once again dont tell me this whole thing is not dangerous...

As far as my truck, Personaly I am fine, pissed.. yes but fine,I even continued on to go fishing, the passengers side was ripped open like somneone used a can opener, luckily, for me, I had the insurance and the means to replace the truck(I love the new one)...I'm quite sure that one of the other two cars he hit when he dropped his phone in his lap were not as lucky, one was a young single mother...Judging from her tears and words, I'm sure replacing her vehicle is going to be a big burden...

I know I'm old fashioned and refuse/fight change, technology keeps the world moving... everything has it's place, and IMHO, texting , and and in some cases, even talking on the phone is best left to places where the text/conversation will not/can not effect others...

Finaddict
09-30-2010, 08:56 PM
Larry - You are a great guy, no problems with you ... but when you have a job that requires you to be responsive from other parts of the world - emailing from your BB is a necessity.

I agree that texting or emailing while driving, even talking on the phone while driving isn't a good idea ... texting while driving is not good at all ... but I have had to pull over to send an email for work while driving during working conditions, absolutely.

But sending emails from the BB - which looks very similar to texting -while at lunch or dinner or wherever I may be is an absolutely necessity ... a necessity to keep my job ... and yes, I do want to keep my job, because I like it and finally landed a job that I like and it will help me get out of the hole I have been in for the past few years.

The BB is mandatory for my job ... and a requirement to keep in touch and get ahead ... whether I am grocery shopping or whatever ... there are times I don't have a choice. If you can't accept that, it's your problem, but I am glad you don't have more serious issues to worry about than me communicating with my boss.

I do agree with you that cell phones and texting while driving is a bad thing, I support the law and try to avoid the trap.

Now as for texting, there are some people that only text these days for communication, I don't like it but rather than fighting, it's easier.

I prefer face-to-face communication over every other form of communicating, feel it leads to stronger relationships for business and life ... but sometimes a quiet, short text works better than a phone call.

You da man, but don't get in my face about me keeping touch with work ... you won't see it while I'm driving, but you may see it in the parking lot after fishing or after dinner. That's life.

Cheers

Finaddict
09-30-2010, 10:04 PM
My wife called me on her way home and told me someone she works with got pulled over in the Longwood area of boston this morning for texting. He got a warning. Supposedly he said he wasn't even texting but was punching in the password to unlock his phone that had an incoming call??? Who the hell locks down their phone with a password?

MarshCappa - who the hell locks down their phone with a password?

It's a corporate security issue ... corporations that provide BBs/iPhones to employees who have to use them for work, so in case they should lose it or it gets stolen, some theif or fool cannot access corporate emails.

WESTPORTMAFIA
09-30-2010, 10:37 PM

But was he breaking the law? Would piss me off for sure and cause me to lay on the horn and toss a finger. I don't carry a gun because they don't make enough bullets.

Sea Dangles
09-30-2010, 11:34 PM
VOICEMAIL.....

Said the man who used to shun computers
BTW...I don't text and drive...but I don't use the pony express either...

saltyric
10-01-2010, 05:55 AM

Frightening!!!!! :rotf2:

JFigliuolo
10-01-2010, 08:08 AM
Fortunately I don't have a job where I'm on call 24/7 so it's not an issue for me but it's a little different for someone in the IT world or in a sr. leadership role. Turn your phone off everyday for your commute home and see what happens. Your jobs going bye bye. What would prompt you to pull over since the suggestion was that your phone should be off? I'm not saying it's right, it's just how it is. People that drive poorly because their chatting with their friends or texting are be idiotic but I just don't see it quite the same way for people that are working. It's not good but I feel like to a certain extent they are doing what they have to do. For me I work from home as much as possible to avoid any unecessary face to face contact with humans so I'm able I rarely have to worry about taking a business call while driving. Some folks have no choice other than to find another job which seems to be a little difficult right now. Again, texting/tallking about work in the car is not a part of my life but I see why it is for many people and I won't point a finger at them.

I'm calling BS on this. I hang w/a decent amount of these folks. I'd say >50% of the texts/calls are personal. I'd also say that ALOT of the stuff they do could be managed during working hours. I know of more than one exec, that has a good balance between home/family and works LESS off hours than others. It is a matter of wise time use and discipline AT WORK. Work smarter... not harder.

And IF work demands 80+ hours a week? That is there decision. In no way is that at excuse nor should it jeopardize my personal safety. They want the big office? Well it's gonna suck at home. That's why you are compensated accordingly.

Rockport24
10-01-2010, 09:54 AM
Yeah the funny thing is people were workaholics prior to BB's now they can just be workaholics in the car!

I see Andy's point, some poeple have jobs that require then to be on the BB all the time. True, some bring that upon themselves, but it is often forced upon them by management - because they brought it upon themselves or the CEO never sleeps, or the client requires the attention....

One thing technology has done is to really eliminate the work/life balance. If I was a CEO (that's pretty funny to think about) I would really downplay the whole BB thing if I could, but unfortunatly, that is the pace of business these days and sometimes there is very little we can do about it.

Poncho
10-01-2010, 10:18 AM
I love to text it is great. Get into this century, you are just mad nobody texts you. What better way to communicate in a tree stand or fishing? And these days ALL girls text, texting is a great way to Mack chicks, they also send you pictures with there shirts off and tell you what dirty things they want to do to you. I love it and frankly this law is affecting my social life. I am not going to abide by this law, my new S-B name is scofflaw, or maybe civil disobedient

The Dad Fisherman
10-01-2010, 11:14 AM
I am not going to abide by this law, my new S-B name is scofflaw, or maybe civil disobedient

and maybe the guy you hit won't abide by the "Assault and Battery" laws.

BigBo
10-01-2010, 11:19 AM
I love to text it is great. Get into this century, you are just mad nobody texts you. What better way to communicate in a tree stand or fishing? And these days ALL girls text, texting is a great way to Mack chicks, they also send you pictures with there shirts off and tell you what dirty things they want to do to you. I love it and frankly this law is affecting my social life. I am not going to abide by this law, my new S-B name is scofflaw, or maybe civil disobedient
I detect a bit of sarcasm, but anybody that text messages me doesn't get a reply. So, most have stopped. Now if I can get my daughter to stop, I'd be very happy. :smash: She gets pissed because I don't reply.

fishbones
10-01-2010, 11:27 AM
And these days ALL girls text, texting is a great way to Mack chicks, they also send you pictures with there shirts off and tell you what dirty things they want to do to you.

You sound like someone who texts one-handed.

And what kind of self repspecting adult "macks chicks". Most guys I know just go out and talk to them. Then, they take them home and get to do dirty things for real instead of reading the equivalent of Penthouse Forum on their phone.:rotf2:

bart
10-01-2010, 12:12 PM

:laughs:

Poncho
10-01-2010, 12:13 PM
And what kind of self repspecting adult "macks chicks".

Fishbones, the kind of self respecting guy that dates girls in there early 20's.

fishbones
10-01-2010, 01:23 PM
And what kind of self repspecting adult "macks chicks".

Fishbones, the kind of self respecting guy that dates girls in there early 20's.

I've got friends in their late 30's and early 40's who date girls in their early 20's. They do pretty well without trying to sound like wanna be hip hopsters.

The Dad Fisherman
10-01-2010, 01:29 PM

http://dicelikethunder.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Funny-Motivational-Posters-253.jpg

RIJIMMY
10-01-2010, 01:38 PM
This thread is all over the place.

Rockport24
10-01-2010, 01:47 PM
Poncho, come clean, you are really "The Situation" aren't you!

PS: you guys aren't really cool unless you know what I'm talking about

Saltheart
10-01-2010, 03:46 PM
I remember when driving was an activity all by itself and required all your faculties to do it safely. Now I see people all the time who are behind the wheel of a car going 60 MPH who are talking on a cell phone with their left hand , looking in the rear view mirror with both eyes to make sure the lipstick they are putting on with their right hand is going on staright. That's what they are doing. they are talking on a phone and looking in a mirror and applying makeup , not driving. Actually driving the car is a 4th tier activity like sipping a coffee used to be when driving. Now you tell me how someone who is using both hands and both eyes and whole brain for something other than driving can lay any claim that they are driving safely and have their car under control!!

When you are driving , that's what you should be doing.

chrisjoe13
10-01-2010, 06:01 PM
I drive a horseless carriage.

capesams
10-02-2010, 06:04 AM
I so glad you all have "GOOD HEARING" but for the "DEAF" texting is their life blood.This is just another slap in the face for them.:fury:

BigFish
10-02-2010, 06:46 AM
Because someone is deaf and needs to text...they should be able to do it while driving??? And possibly kill or cripple someone???:confused:

capesams
10-02-2010, 08:49 AM
no more then the guy who works 8 hrs then drives an hour to fish the ditch till the sun comes up then drives another hour to get home...no he's not going to kill anyone because he fell asleep behind the wheel.

BigFish
10-02-2010, 09:02 AM
Oh paleeez! There is great rationale' for ya!:smash:

luds
10-02-2010, 09:38 AM
All llegitimate points Cape Sams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :buds::love:

Swimmer
10-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Dont worry texters, none of the no-balls judges are going to find anyone responsible for this anyways. Just because someone is seen punching keys on a keypad doesn't mean they are texting. It could be just a nervous tick that makes their fingers move that way. And the only way it could be proven to any degree of certainty is if the cell phone record/s are supoena'd which will show texting occurred, when the perp was charged. I say this because no legal authority is going to allow supoenas to issue for a chapter 90 violation. So its bullchit, completely.

I have to finish packing. See y'all in two weeks after the derby is over. Do you miss me yet???????????

Adam_777
10-03-2010, 12:59 PM
I say eventually when the government finally gets their way.They'll have logs of our text messages and driving time and location from GPS tracking and text monitoring.The tracking of the cars is already being used just quietly.You'll just get tickets in the mail for the violation.Even if not physically caught.It's a win win situation for all of us.So they know where your going and what your saying.I see text tax and mileage tax coming soon down the pipe so this law will fall right into place.Nevermind the proposed e-mail and internet usage tax.:wall:

basswipe
10-03-2010, 01:14 PM
I so glad you all have "GOOD HEARING" but for the "DEAF" texting is their life blood.This is just another slap in the face for them.:fury:

You are out of your mind!

A deaf person still has to take his EYES off the road and at least one HAND off the wheel to send a text message,that equals someone like me being killed.If a deaf person NEEDS to send a text message pull over and send it like the rest of us RESPONSIBLE people!

Your above quote is by far one of the stupedist things I've ever read!

luds
10-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Dont worry texters, none of the no-balls judges are going to find anyone responsible for this anyways. Just because someone is seen punching keys on a keypad doesn't mean they are texting. It could be just a nervous tick that makes their fingers move that way. And the only way it could be proven to any degree of certainty is if the cell phone record/s are supoena'd which will show texting occurred, when the perp was charged. I say this because no legal authority is going to allow supoenas to issue for a chapter 90 violation. So its bullchit, completely.

I have to finish packing. See y'all in two weeks after the derby is over. Do you miss me yet???????????

Have to say that although I'm eternally thankful for our law enforcement the idea of police offers enforcing this law is a little funny. How is a citizen texting or talking on their cell any different than police offers on their laptops and cells on the phones everday while their rolling in their cruisers? I have to go through brewers corner in Quincy on my way home when I fish the North Shore and a cop creaps up on me and runs my plates everytime. I'd be running plates if I saw some dude running through town @ 3am too but they ain't stopping to do it.

Raider Ronnie
10-03-2010, 05:23 PM
This law is a waste of time (as assured to me by a cop)
Cop sees you in what he thinks you are texting, pulls you over, you just tell him you were making a phone call (still legal).
How is he going to prove you were texting ?
Take you phone from you to check your call/text history ?
Can't !
You can tell him to go pound sand.
Can't take your phone from you without a warrant.
Police dept going to spend tax dollars (they don't have) paying cops overtime to get your phone bill ???

basswipe
10-04-2010, 04:49 PM
This law is a waste of time (as assured to me by a cop)
Cop sees you in what he thinks you are texting, pulls you over, you just tell him you were making a phone call (still legal).
How is he going to prove you were texting ?
Take you phone from you to check your call/text history ?
Can't !
You can tell him to go pound sand.
Can't take your phone from you without a warrant.
Police dept going to spend tax dollars (they don't have) paying cops overtime to get your phone bill ???

Wrong.

He can't take your phone but if you get pulled over for texting(assuming you were not doing so) its in your best interest to show the cop your phone to prove you were not texting.If you do not show the cop your phone you have two choices,pay the ticket or you get your day in court.

If you go the court route its guilty until proven innocent just like any other traffic/parking violation.Its up to YOU to provide the cellphone records proving you were not texting,not the cops.

Its a totally enforcable law if the cops choose to pull people over for violating said law.

PRBuzz
10-04-2010, 05:10 PM
Drove into Boston today on the SE Ex'way and I was surprised that I only witnessed maybe 2 drivers texting, a normal day should have seen over 20....at least the 1st Monday of the law seems to be working?

Van
10-05-2010, 07:31 AM
Our project manager sealed a 1/2 million dollar job doing the crackberry thing on the way home.

Gotta love that technology !!!!!!!!!:love:

We can afford a few hundred in tickets if he got caught. :biglaugh: