View Full Version : Son Just Left For Driving Test!!!

BigFish
09-30-2010, 08:41 AM
Pray for me!!!:jump1:

ProfessorM
09-30-2010, 09:05 AM
as long as you don't go with him in the car he'll be fine. The real shocker is when you find out what it costs to insure him. Holy crap is it expensive. Good luck.

PRBuzz
09-30-2010, 09:06 AM
Brockton? I stand out in front of my house and laugh at him when he comes by to do the 3 point turn....:biglaugh:

PRBuzz
09-30-2010, 09:07 AM
Tell him it is bonus points to text while doing the test...:uhuh:

The Dad Fisherman
09-30-2010, 09:49 AM
So when are you posting your own "Its Over" thread.....:hihi:

I shouldn't laugh.....my son will be going for his in March :shocked:

Fishoholic
09-30-2010, 10:41 AM
Tell him it is bonus points to text while doing the test...:uhuh:

:rotf2:

I was gonna ask if he texted you the results :grins:

BigFish
09-30-2010, 11:12 AM
He got it....time for me to be terrified!!!:jump1:

Redsoxticket
09-30-2010, 11:33 AM
Good news now don't let him drive until 18 yrs old. This way he is his own man and you may not have to be liable for lawsuits.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

MakoMike
09-30-2010, 12:04 PM
He got it....time for me to be terrified!!!:jump1:

Time for us all to be terrified. :)

numbskull
09-30-2010, 12:15 PM
Congrats to your son. Big step for him, and his parents, too.

Now you will feel your heart hesitate every time the phone rings when he is out, and lay awake at night waiting to hear the car pull in the driveway, and feel tremendous fear and sadness to learn you can no longer protect him forever, and hopefully find tremendous pride and relief in seeing your kid successfully learn to handle adult responsibility. Big step, indeed.

BigFish
09-30-2010, 12:48 PM
Good news now don't let him drive until 18 yrs old. This way he is his own man and you may not have to be liable for lawsuits.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

He turns 18 the 26th of October!:jump1:

BigFish
09-30-2010, 12:49 PM
Congrats to your son. Big step for him, and his parents, too.

Now you will feel your heart hesitate every time the phone rings when he is out, and lay awake at night waiting to hear the car pull in the driveway, and feel tremendous fear and sadness to learn you can no longer protect him forever, and hopefully find tremendous pride and relief in seeing your kid successfully learn to handle adult responsibility. Big step, indeed.

I am already there George. Already there.

Stewie
10-04-2010, 08:11 AM
Remember, every kid gets to put at least one dent in the family car/truck without getting a beating.:smash:

Raven
10-04-2010, 09:32 AM
ok FINE he Passed the registry of Motor Vehicles test...

NOW it's time for you to GIVE HIM the REAL
BIGFISH test of responsibly

He definitely needs to KNOW how many feet it takes to stop a car
when applying the brakes on dry days and rainy days
so thats two different visits to an empty parking lot right there

then explain the BRAKES perform a NEGATIVE function in that
they are wearing down the pads and the best brake or cheapest brake
is careful timing NOT stomping them at the last second...
and easing off of the gas pedal methodically....

they need to be utilized sparingly so that in the event of an emergency like
some drunk driver running a red light he can depend upon them in a
half second notice scenario.

Offshore24
10-05-2010, 11:45 AM
LOL, Larry I've got a vovo $wagon$ with 189,000 miles on it. Not a fender unbelmished or a bumper uncracked. Perfect teenager car. It's been through 2 daughters and a wife.... you interested? :)

striperman36
10-05-2010, 06:38 PM
Go for the vovo, it a good starter and can carry yaks.

Pete F.
10-05-2010, 07:04 PM
Go for the vovo, it a good starter and can carry yaks.
and that's a good thing cause the kid has his eye on your truck.

BigFish
10-05-2010, 07:33 PM
He wants a car not a truck.....he is gonna have to save some money!!:uhuh:

FishermanTim
10-06-2010, 11:22 AM
set some ground rules like if he breaks it, he fixes it, Or that he is responsible for his own gas when out driving. Or when he is EXPECTED to have the vehicle home, barring any normal delays.

Oh, and most importantly, drill it into his head that NO drinking, NO texting, and NO fooling around behind the wheel or ALL priviledges will be revoked!

Most kids/teens haven't realized that they can't live forever, and some unfortunate ones learn the hard PERMANENT way.

Good luck, we're all behind you!

ecduzitgood
10-06-2010, 11:26 AM
Hope he does well!
Does anyone know when it's ok to make a left turn on red? (solid red not blinking)

The Dad Fisherman
10-06-2010, 11:46 AM
When a police officer directing traffic tells you to....

ecduzitgood
10-06-2010, 11:58 AM
When going from a one way street onto another one way street. Many folks don't know that when making a left turn out of a one way street you are required to be on the left side of the one way street.

PRBuzz
10-06-2010, 01:00 PM
When going from a one way street onto another one way street. Many folks don't know that when making a left turn out of a one way street you are required to be on the left side of the one way street.

If you were Downunder you wouldn't think twice about this maneuver!

Left is OK when one way onto one way so that you are going left!

BigFish
10-06-2010, 02:25 PM
set some ground rules like if he breaks it, he fixes it, Or that he is responsible for his own gas when out driving. Or when he is EXPECTED to have the vehicle home, barring any normal delays.

Oh, and most importantly, drill it into his head that NO drinking, NO texting, and NO fooling around behind the wheel or ALL priviledges will be revoked!

Most kids/teens haven't realized that they can't live forever, and some unfortunate ones learn the hard PERMANENT way.

Good luck, we're all behind you!

Way, waaaayyyyyy ahead of you there Tim! Covered all those bases multiple times!!! He knows the dilio!!! Its his game to lose and he knows it!!!

Redsoxticket
10-06-2010, 03:30 PM
One passed one to go