View Full Version : Hi Guys

snag n brag
10-03-2010, 10:49 AM
I've been lurking around for a while and shamelessly stealing all your awesome ideas . I'd like to say thank you and that you guys do killer work. So much so that I feel inspired and discouraged at the same time when I look at some of the stuff your making.
I used to make small balsa cranks years ago and also made spinnerbaits, jigs, lots of fly tying, all freshwater stuff. I don't know much about saltwater luremaking outside of the flies I've been making and fishing with meager success since moving to the eastcoast 5 years ago.
I don't have any practical reason for making saltwater plugs other than the fact that I recently inherited a lathe, and I seem to have some sort of illness.
So here is a my first attempts at saltwater plug making.
7" 2.5ounce swimmers. I know the paint kinda sucks and the top coat already failed on the purple one( banged it off the tub while testing) but the action seems good and they were fun to make.
What do the experts think?

saltydog
10-03-2010, 11:24 AM
snag n brag, Ill snag one of thoes from ya:uhuh: looking good . I like the old school eyes on thoes.
I got 4 drying now, going to prime this week an paint up MACKS also. will be my FIRST MACKS .
GOOD LUCK GOOD PLUGGIN:cheers:

Raven
10-03-2010, 11:37 AM
AND Welcome to S-B officially of course

numbskull
10-03-2010, 01:09 PM
Welcome. Neat plugs. The bent plastic lip idea is particularly interesting.

snag n brag
10-03-2010, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I just read I am supposed to send plugs to whoever replies to my first plug post. Considering how long it took me to finish these, you might see 'em next spring. Seriously though, I really hope I can devote some time to this so I can improve and maybe make some that are swap worthy. I sure would like to have some of your creations in my tackle bag, or on display more likely.

PS. I was just looking at NIGHT STRIKES plugs. Unbelievable. The brook trout is truly amazing. I think I am going to go stare at it some more.

Dan

SurfCaster413
10-04-2010, 03:00 AM
Real nice plugs guy