View Full Version : S-B Fall Get together

eelskimmer
10-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Has a date and location been confirmed??

tysdad115
10-10-2010, 03:24 PM
Where and when? I'm in.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

iamskippy
10-10-2010, 03:34 PM
Where and when? I'm in.

i will bring the helmet and bell! :jump1:

WESTPORTMAFIA
10-10-2010, 05:05 PM
Geeze lets have a fall run first:)

tynan19
10-10-2010, 06:01 PM
In years past we had one at CTown during the MS Tourny. Perhaps you could have one then? I am working this coming weekend but might fish Friday night.

fishbones
10-10-2010, 06:04 PM
Geeze lets have a fall run first:)

I guess you didn't hear. This morning, two guys told me the fall run is already over. But don't worry. You didn't miss much.:rotf2:

striperman36
10-10-2010, 06:14 PM
I guess you didn't hear. This morning, two guys told me the fall run is already over. But don't worry. You didn't miss much.:rotf2:

It was a quick exit, I think the fish have EZPASS

piemma
10-11-2010, 02:32 AM

There are still fish around. I have fished, in the surf, (sold my boat a month ago) for the last 4 night and have caught decent. No, I didn't catch any 40s. No I didn't go poaching in someone elses spot but I put my time in, like we use to years ago, and I found fish up to mid-20s. And, surprisingly, I fished pretty much alone. Very few guys out, especially last night (too cold???). 3:30 AM and headed out for a couple of hours before work as I have work today.

iamskippy
10-11-2010, 07:35 AM
piemma, i think you missed the sarcastic under tone to his staement!

piemma
10-11-2010, 07:55 AM
Sorry. Just trying to keep the record straight. There certainly were a lot of fisher types in SoCo this morning. I had forgotten how bad it get in the Fall. Back East for me. I'd rather get skunked, alone, than deal with the crowds currenly invading Soco. 2 guys chunking in a foot of water at Carpenters. When I told them there was no water where they were chunking, they said "Sure there is. We can see the water". OMG!!!!

iamskippy
10-11-2010, 08:09 AM
. 2 guys chunking in a foot of water at Carpenters. When I told them there was no water where they were chunking, they said "Sure there is. We can see the water". OMG!!!!

LOL so freaking TRUE! im heading down that way now. prob start at BRP and PJL. not sure if there is anything around i have been fishign the canal so much.

fishbones
10-11-2010, 08:13 AM
Sorry. Just trying to keep the record straight. There certainly were a lot of fisher types in SoCo this morning. I had forgotten how bad it get in the Fall. Back East for me. I'd rather get skunked, alone, than deal with the crowds currenly invading Soco. 2 guys chunking in a foot of water at Carpenters. When I told them there was no water where they were chunking, they said "Sure there is. We can see the water". OMG!!!!

Paul, it was a mob scene at the ditch yesterday morning. Lots of fish breaking mostly out of casting range after the sun came up with some small ones being caught. At one point, a couple of clowns on a boat pulled up and started fishing near the tie up at the east end:smash:. I was far away, but I assume that they were told nicely by the people fishing from shore that they were not allowed to fish in the canal from a boat.

The more people who quit fishing because it's cold or because they think "it's over" the better. Less crowds to deal with for those of us who keep fishing. Next to late May, early June, this is my favorite time of year.

Thumper
10-11-2010, 09:34 AM

Been absolutely slamed with report chasers from maine to jersey this past weekend. I've never seen anything like it in my short fishing career. One guy stops and ask when high tide is I said now he says it doesn't seem that high, haha ok budyy sure. Hopefully now that the weekend is over everyone goes home and I will be able to fish without people casting over friends heads and stand there with a light on. Word spreads way to fast because super internet heros just love to tell people that they are catching fish.

piemma
10-11-2010, 09:47 AM
Thank God I got out when I did.

I left right at false dawn. Must have been 5:30 AM or so. I had been in the water, more or less, since 2:00 AM. I had one fish early about 20# then when the tide slowed I didn't even get a bump. I was way up at the East end and walked back aways. The trucks were piling in so I figured it would get crowded real quick.

Paul, it was a mob scene at the ditch yesterday morning. Lots of fish breaking mostly out of casting range after the sun came up with some small ones being caught. At one point, a couple of clowns on a boat pulled up and started fishing near the tie up at the east end:smash:. I was far away, but I assume that they were told nicely by the people fishing from shore that they were not allowed to fish in the canal from a boat.

The more people who quit fishing because it's cold or because they think "it's over" the better. Less crowds to deal with for those of us who keep fishing. Next to late May, early June, this is my favorite time of year.

Sparfish
10-11-2010, 11:09 AM
Was part of the 8 man shuffle last night... at one point everyone had a fish on for at least three or more cycles through. Mostly 20"s-30"s, a few bigger, but lots of fun! Wind finally died down around the change in tide, TG! Was about to ask if anyone there was a S-B mssg board contributor. We might have had a small gathering and not even known it. :buds: :fishin: :yak5: