View Full Version : AL GAGS A REAL CHARACTER!

shore manic
03-22-2003, 09:48 PM
got to talk to al after the seminar and talked about his new lure.he had the prototype for the new herring lure that will be out in april. got to hold it and check it out, then he tells me it's the only one he has right now! if ya talked to him or were at the seminar (you know how much that was worth) it sure made my day!!!!

BasicPatrick
03-22-2003, 11:20 PM
Al is just strait up good people. We have a runing break each others....So Friday night we take the prototypes out of his booth and put them away. hi whold crew from the uplands in the western part of the state found it ral funny. He came strait to me. Yes, I gave them all back.

Fishaddict
03-23-2003, 08:10 AM
Even the shinny silver one stuck in your back pocket?????:eek:
Talked to Al at his booth about the new lure.. I sure hope it swims along the surface as well as he says it does...
Jigging produces often and large. :) .but nothing beats watching one come to the top and explode on your surface lure..:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

bluefish
03-23-2003, 11:05 AM
I spoke to Al over the phone two years ago. I called a number on a lure box to order a catalogue and he picked up the phone. I wound up talking to him for 10 minutes or so about the fishing here in NY etc. We had a couple of laughs...he was certainly a straight up guy and very knowledgeable. BTW I love the Gags poppers because you can work them slowly (because they float) and they make alot of noise and throw good water. I can remember one of the most explosive hits I ever had came while using a gags. I heard a "pop" at 3am but couldn't see a thing. I blindly threw the gags out there in the direction of the noise...popped it once and let it "sit" ......1......2.......3.......4....WHAMMO!!!!!!! This bass took off like a rocket peeling line off the reel.....:D Thats what its all about! And you thought poppers didn't work at nite....;) BULLDINKIE...

IFG
03-23-2003, 08:55 PM
Al's a great guy to bad I missed Tony and His seminar today :(
I hope they comeback next year.
Besides he's a riot

chubsdad
03-23-2003, 09:04 PM
for all of you who missed al he will be at the mass striped bass meeting this wed night dont miss it