View Full Version : I'm done.

tysdad115
10-13-2010, 10:06 AM
I now realize I am done for this year. Another discouraging outing today. Time to hang 'em up. No complaints,had a great year. My first 40# and alot of crazy blitzes earlier in year. The fall and I dont go together. Now..where are those golf clubs hiding?

RIJIMMY
10-13-2010, 10:19 AM
Come winter, you'll be wishing you were fishing. Make some more trips, take a more leisurely approach, more scouting vs. hard core fishing. I was searching the site awhile back for info on Buzzards Bay and one of the members got a 40+ fish very close to the canal in early Nov.
There will still be fish around.

fishbones
10-13-2010, 10:47 AM
Give up if you want, but you'll be missing out on some great fishing. My fishing partner and I were all by ourselves last night and it was slow for a while. All of a sudden, the bass found the bait and things blew up. The strange thing was that they would only hit topwater plugs. Nothing real big, but we had a blast casting into the blitzes and reeling in fish after fish.

tattoobob
10-13-2010, 11:00 AM
Nah it's over everyone stay home now and clean your gear

BigFish
10-13-2010, 11:21 AM
Andy......where the hell were you fishing???? Or did you leave early???:uhuh:

fishbones
10-13-2010, 12:11 PM
Andy......where the hell were you fishing???? Or did you leave early???:uhuh:

Does this mean that Bigfish has his mojo back?

tysdad115
10-13-2010, 12:40 PM
Fish were all over the place this morning,breaking all day.They just werent taking what I was offering,live eels or rubber at east end 2-4am,more of the same later with topwater mixed in.Fish were breaking hard on other side..in my last futile attempt to assault them I slipped and twisted,now my back is very sore...Ive put my time in and had a great year. Go get em everyone else,they are there.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

zimmy
10-13-2010, 12:57 PM
way too early to quit. even in/ especially in MA. Maybe more time between fish but the shot at a big fish is still there for at least a couple more weeks up there.

BigFish
10-13-2010, 01:31 PM
Then when it slows here....a couple trips to Rhody are in order!:uhuh:

tysdad115
10-13-2010, 01:32 PM
I know they are there,I saw all morning.I'm not saying theres nothing there,it was quite opposite of that.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

BigFish
10-13-2010, 01:37 PM
Andy you ok? I saw in your other post you fell?? Twist an ankle???:confused: Hope your alright?

clambelly
10-13-2010, 01:39 PM
i feel your pain. i have been casting and casting for the last 5 days. Scores of misses with many more casts that were just embarrassing. it was almost as if i had to knock the fish on the head to get any attention. hearing from others, and seeing first hand, it makes me wonder what the hell im doing wrong. i've been fishing the canal for over 20 years and it seems i have improved my catch ratio only slightly. the urge to go back tomorrow is strong, but man it gets depressing when they don't cooperate.

I somehow missed every decent blitz in the spring and summer. kids, ya know. been putting in a lot of hours since the middle of september with little to show for it. damn.

just venting..

BigFish
10-13-2010, 01:46 PM
Oh ClamBelly.....let me tell ya about droughts!!!:jump1:

zimmy
10-13-2010, 01:46 PM
lots of blues in those schools and even they are being picky. the bite was way better for me at night than after day break. Haven't fished there since Sunday, but I would wager the night bite should be even better with the moon pulling less. Never can tell though.

Slipknot
10-13-2010, 02:33 PM
too soon to quit now
what's golf?:confused::smash:

redlite
10-13-2010, 02:43 PM
My water is still plenty warm for swimmin', but size has been shrinking.
ALMOST fished out, even though I have fished less this year than any year I can ever remember, both in outings and hours. Just losin interest.
Time for the rink.

tattoobob
10-13-2010, 02:50 PM
too soon to quit now
what's golf?:confused::smash:

Golf is a 4 letter word and should be band

Mike P
10-13-2010, 02:52 PM
i feel your pain. i have been casting and casting for the last 5 days. Scores of misses with many more casts that were just embarrassing. it was almost as if i had to knock the fish on the head to get any attention. hearing from others, and seeing first hand, it makes me wonder what the hell im doing wrong. i've been fishing the canal for over 20 years and it seems i have improved my catch ratio only slightly. the urge to go back tomorrow is strong, but man it gets depressing when they don't cooperate.

I somehow missed every decent blitz in the spring and summer. kids, ya know. been putting in a lot of hours since the middle of september with little to show for it. damn.

just venting..

Yeah---I watched one fish take about 5 whacks at your plug yesterday, and not eat it. You weren't alone, either. I saw many fish raised, and not a very high pass to hook-up ratio there.

Slingah
10-13-2010, 03:51 PM
Hope your not seriously hurt Andy. You had a good season and I am glad that I was able to help direct you to this fine website.
I am basically done too...not like I ever really did much this year...but very grateful that I was there for the "EPIC" spring slamfest with Joe & Slip.

tattoobob
10-13-2010, 05:02 PM
Don't believe the hype there are no fish left, I'm remodeling my bathroom starting tomorrow

Fish_Eye
10-14-2010, 11:36 AM
The best is yet to come.

The Iceman 6
10-14-2010, 12:08 PM
We're in the third period and we're a third period team!