View Full Version : The "It's Over" late season large extravaganza begins!!!

Back Beach
10-13-2010, 12:33 PM
Its Over!!!!

Here' s how to play...

1. Fish must be shore caught striped bass.

2. Mass/RI/CT/ME/NH waters only.

3. Provide sufficient proof of your catch, photo preferred...no need to kill the fish.

4. NO CHEATING...I have an internal B.S. Meter that functions flawlessly...

5. Contest ends on Thanksgiving day.

6. "Grand Champion"- Largest entry by weight shall receive a Danny Pichney Conrad SR. COPY from my stash.

7."Late Champion" category- Last fish to be entered by date shall receive a 7" Danny Pichney sand eel COPY from my stash.

Plugs awarded will be similar to those pictured below. I have black, yellow, white, and sand eel for colors.

Additionally, the newer ones I just made are closer to the original specs thanks to a trusted mentor who pointed out some flaws in my first batch. I'll get pics of the new ones up once they're clear coated.

Back Beach
10-13-2010, 12:58 PM
BTW:

RMARSH is our defending champion from last year with a 37# fish taken in late October.

Fishoholic
10-13-2010, 01:13 PM
I'm interested..but no scale :smash:

Back Beach
10-13-2010, 01:17 PM
I'm interested..but no scale :smash:

Just use any commonly accepted form of measurment...hand scale, tape measure, formula, whatever...just try to get a pic if you can... I'm not giving away a new mercedes here, just a couple lures. :laugha: "Close enough" is fine by me.

If its real close I have plenty of plugs to give out in the event of a tie.

Slipknot
10-13-2010, 02:39 PM
you mean now i gotta bring a camera with me:fishin: :( :smash:

Circlehook
10-13-2010, 03:08 PM
I love this. Nothing begs up motivation to go fish hard like the premise that there are no fish to catch.

WoodyCT
10-13-2010, 03:26 PM
Danny would chit over those queah colored sparkles. ;-))

Nice looking plugs BB!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Rmarsh
10-14-2010, 06:55 AM
I'm in. And thanks BB!

UserRemoved1
10-14-2010, 07:04 AM
Mike I will add to your prize.

A Salty's 5 Pc Pocket pack of classic tins to the Grand Champion and a PAIR of Salty's Go Fish tin to the Late Champion.

Back Beach
10-14-2010, 07:23 AM
Wicked...thanks Scott..:btu:

We may need to institue a polygraph...

BassDawg
10-14-2010, 07:29 AM
i'm IN!!

nice work, Mike~~~

are you fishing the MS this year??

THANKS for the opportunity, m'man!!
:cool: :cool: :cool:

bassballer
10-14-2010, 12:16 PM
Wish I would have saw this yesterday.

OLD GOAT
10-14-2010, 02:55 PM
my back is kinda shot can I measure them between the eyes?

BassDawg
10-15-2010, 05:03 AM
as a point of clarification~~~

since i'm IN,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if; by preparation and opportunity

i should latch into sumthing LAHHHHHGE for the MS this w/e,

then may i also enter her in yer Extravaganza, Mike??
:grins: :grins: :grins:

Rmarsh
10-15-2010, 05:24 AM
BTW:

RMARSH is our defending champion from last year with a 37# fish taken in late October.

Thanks Back Beach
Last years winning striper. It Actualy weighed 38.5lbs. 47" long

And if anyone can top it. I will throw in a vintage Habs Sr. 9" needlefish in olive/white in excellent condition.

O.D. Mike
10-15-2010, 07:04 AM
Back Beach great idea!

Is this a lures only contest?

I'm in!

JohnR
10-15-2010, 07:13 AM
Back Beach great idea!

Is this a lures only contest?

I'm in!

Sure, if you want to fish lures only, go ahead :tooth:

IN :alien:

Brian L
10-15-2010, 06:47 PM
You should have a sweetwater extravaganza too. BB made Zara Spook or Humungo swimbait

Sundowner
10-15-2010, 07:14 PM
bought the Habs tic, wife and I got bad news so I did the right thing and spent the w/e with my love. this w/e I will be on the rough shoreline, I always look for a patner, i;m in Gansett

Liv2Fish
10-16-2010, 07:03 AM
I'm in from the canal region.

Back Beach
10-16-2010, 08:08 AM
No need to turn this into another "I'm in" thread....everyone is automatically in, just put up a fish and have fun with it...:btu:

21 posts on this thread and no fish yet? Did everyone quit? Figured Numbskull for at least a 16" fish by now...

RedHerring
10-16-2010, 10:56 AM
Danny would chit over those queah colored sparkles. ;-))

Nice looking plugs BB!

I have some original Pickney's and he used sparkles also. (I think--I better check!). The epoxy coat actually seem better on these new ones.

Does Block Island count for the contest? I wonder if there should be a separate category considering how late the fish are out there...

Back Beach
10-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Block=RI...its in bounds without a doubt.

FishnGrega
10-16-2010, 02:52 PM
Caught this morning. 42" 27lbs from what my boga told me. I hope she holds the top spot! :jump1:

ps she's my new PB

Back Beach
10-16-2010, 03:05 PM
attaboy :btu:

FishnGrega
10-16-2010, 03:10 PM
:thanks:

Back Beach
10-16-2010, 03:55 PM
Grega,

Seeing you have the first fish entered plus its a pb, a celebration is in order...:btu: I'll get something out to you if you can pm me your address.

bart
10-16-2010, 04:00 PM
nice fish!

numbskull
10-16-2010, 04:12 PM
CRAP! I was going to go get a 16" fish tonight. Now I gotta get serious. :confused:

SAUERKRAUT
10-16-2010, 07:43 PM
Back Beach:

How about a special recognition for the contender fish that are C&R'd?

t.orlando
10-16-2010, 08:10 PM
Is there a steelhead division too?

Back Beach
10-17-2010, 06:02 AM
Back Beach:

How about a special recognition for the contender fish that are C&R'd?

Alan,

No need to kill the fish by any means.(see rule #3) A picture would be good to have though...if its a picture of Numbskull be sure to block out his face or slightly blur it.

BassDawg
10-17-2010, 09:58 PM
landed this beauty Sat am, down SoCo way~~~

she went 33.90# x 45" and fell to Tsunami's Deep shad,

the neon green one; bounced along the bottom,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Back Beach
10-18-2010, 04:19 AM
DAWG-EEE!

DAWG-EEE!

DAWG-EEE!

:buds:

BassDawg
10-18-2010, 06:11 AM
thanks, Mike~~~

am thinking of heading to yer neck of the surf.

after i keep acoupla, treeortwenty spots up here, LEGIT!!

am dieing to hook into sumthing worthy behind
this VS250 i've been generously allowed to demo.

:love: WHAT a REEEEEEEEL :love:

JohnR
10-18-2010, 07:13 AM
Nice Jess :btu:

S-B's top Dawg this weekend.

tattoobob
10-18-2010, 08:07 AM
Congrats Jess, nice fish

Sea Dangles
10-18-2010, 08:13 AM
Dawg is in da house.

MAKAI
10-18-2010, 08:48 AM
nice rope.
steal it of a tug.

BassDawg
10-18-2010, 04:51 PM
thanks, Gents, that was a fuuuun fish!!

i hear ya Makai,,,,,,,but, that rope is worth its weight in GOLD!
it has saved me more than once when carrying mid to upper 30# class
of linesiders outta the terrain of Cape Ann.

many times i'm more than a mile from my vehicle,
it is a "Korkers required" jaunt most of the time. couple that with
two rods, a loaded back pack, a large surf bag, and an eel cooler.

plus the thickness of the rope prevents anything lahhhhge from
cutting off the circulation of blood to my fingers/shoulders by the time
i can get them to the limited access point~~ however far it may be.

jim sylvester
10-18-2010, 05:34 PM
nice fish dawg

great year your having here jess

BassDawg
10-19-2010, 03:11 AM
Thank You, Jim!

i'm grateful for the catches and had a BLAST fishing with everyone last w/e and during the HABS the w/e before!

seems like alot of folks have landed their pb's and are also having great years.

thanks be to God for the health of the Stock's biomass, for plentiful inshore forage, and for the treasures of His Glorious bounty~~~ be they ocean, species, or this Life to be filled by His Spirit!

it was good to sea you at The Fest. when do ya get sworn in, m'man? just wonderin',,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
will the badge give you the lisence to kill SEALS :huh: :bl: :huh:

one can only hope! and here's hoping you'll have a shot at the surf soon,
while the mullet are still around!!
:fishin: :fishin: :fishin:

numbskull
10-23-2010, 10:34 AM
Somebody post a fish. I need encouragement. We don't want no plugs going to the Dawg's this easy.

MAKAI
10-23-2010, 11:09 AM
I 'm trying George.
All within the last week and a half.
Couldn't revive these two out of three , the plugs were in the gills so I set my folks up with some meals for the winter. I don't carry a scale, The rope fish was almost 45". Sand fish 41 " Bike fish 41 "
Arrgh I may have to start using bait, as that would make me a charlatan.

Back Beach
10-23-2010, 11:24 AM
Nice ones Bob, you may be in the running for the top secret "Numbskull" award.

BassDawg
10-23-2010, 12:55 PM
EXCELLENT work, Makai!!

and doan think i'm not out there trying to upgrade my feesh~~~

when the heat wave hits next week,,,,,,,,,,,,we'll be approaching Nov's New and that 45" will get CRUSHED!!! s'pose there's any room on the slow boat to tha VNYUD??
:bl: :bl: :bl:

as luck would have it, i also will be helping my Mom mooove some storage items down in NPT on the backside of the New. prolly gonna be too late by then,,,,,,,,,since, as you WELL know~~~ "It's Over"!!
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

BassDawg
10-23-2010, 01:02 PM
Somebody post a fish. I need encouragement. We don't want no plugs going to the Dawg's this easy.

:rotf2: :rotf2: :rotf2:

MAKAI
10-23-2010, 03:24 PM
Not sure I 'll be bass fishing much now. It's the tuna and cod show for the next few weeks as long as the weather is ok.
Maybe sneak in a R.I. trip with Tedy Tours.:uhuh:

P.S. some of the biggest bass I've seen came from the backside late fall, you may only get one ,but it would be worth it.

Sea Dangles
10-23-2010, 07:56 PM
Be careful Makai,I see a burn on that canal bike in your future.Black out the make and model or everyone will go to the ditch and try to fish near that fishfinder.

MassBass
10-24-2010, 02:14 AM
landed this beauty Sat am, down SoCo way~~~

she went 33.90# x 45" and fell to Tsunami's Deep shad,

the neon green one; bounced along the bottom,,,,,,,,,,,,,

that's a huge head for a 30# fish. congrats. prop would've went 35+ if she was full. what did she have in her?

piemma
10-24-2010, 04:12 AM
Jess, great fish. You deserve it as you put your time in this year.

BassDawg
10-24-2010, 05:46 PM
Thanks, MB and Paul~~~

dunno, MassBass,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i gave it to Vic, but she "felt" empty.

YUP, piemma,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,still doooooin' it, am hopeful for an upgrade or 2??

StriperSwiperRI
10-25-2010, 02:41 AM
Sounds like alotta fun. Tight lines and Good Luck to everyone. I know that I'm gonna need it!

WESTPORTMAFIA
10-25-2010, 02:08 PM
Got a 30# the other night and lost a real decent one. I got hung up a couple of times and didn't bother checking my braid. I think it may have been frayed. I'll be out looking again tonight.

fishbones
10-25-2010, 02:31 PM
Got a 30# the other night and lost a real decent one. I got hung up a couple of times and didn't bother checking my braid. I think it may have been frayed. I'll be out looking again tonight.

Didn't bother checking your braid? I'd say I feel bad for you for losing a nice one, but after the tight drag comment last week, I feel kinda happy.:rotf2:

Just kidding, you'll get another one better than the one you lost before you hang it up for the season.

BassDawg
10-25-2010, 04:46 PM
hard tellin',,,,,,,,,,,,,,,NOT knowin'!!

hooked into either sumthing VERRRY Lahhhge
out in the middle, at the beginning of the Drop~~~

that took line, stayed Low,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

4 "runs",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,OR; it prolly was the bottom.

that is IF the bottom can take line?? if it wasn't the bottom~~~

then it was SHAMU and she wasn't budging!!!
:wall: :wall: :confused: :confused: :wall: :wall:

Slipknot
10-25-2010, 07:50 PM
The other night I was fishing with Tony Stetzko and KarlF and catching cows one after another. there were guys around the corner into bass so thick they were clubbing them. I didn't bring a camera as usual.
then I woke up

BassDawg
10-26-2010, 07:17 AM
upon further reflection,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

i'm calling IT a lobster pot, unseen.

WHY? it just never definitively felt like a feesh!!
felt dead and only moved slightly under max pressure~~~

i've only hooked up twice in the River of Two Flows,,,,,,,,,

so, i doan really know what it's like to land one THERE.

certainly different, i'd imagine, and you should've seen ALL the old timers stopping their drifts.
one dood came to give me moral support, and then left,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,talked to a fine gentleman on the way out.
he told me about how the bigguns like to hug the ledge/shelf where the drop-off is. that there's Monstahs in there. he wasn't shore either~~~

and so it goes,,,,,,,,,,,,,fish and learn, and only time and tides will tell.
this week should be GOOOOOD! go get 'em, Gents!!!
:jump1: :jump1: :jump1:

numbskull
10-26-2010, 08:30 AM
Just want you to know I'm out there trying to beat your azz, BD. Do 12 four lb fish count?.

BassDawg
10-27-2010, 04:47 AM
Just want you to know I'm out there trying to beat your azz, BD. Do 12 four lb fish count?.

:rotf2: :rotf2: :rotf2: :rotf2:

CAST away, GENTLEMEN!! UP, the IRONS!!!
LAND you sum LAHHHHHHHGE!!!!

just so ya know, Geohhhhh~~~

i'm out there trying to beat my azz, ALSO.
i FULLY expect my 33.9'er to be squashed, summarily!

with this week's heat, the plethora of bait around, and
a coming storm,,,,,,,,,,,,it is STILL anycaster's plug(s) to WIN!!

Rob Rockcrawler
10-29-2010, 01:38 PM
Landed this gal on Block sunday night. Bottomed out the 30 boga quick. Measured after the release to a mark on my rod. 45.5", fat fish in my opinion. The only real scale to the pic is a VS 200, the rod is 11', 27" to the center of reel seat. She slammed an eel. The rest of the week was a slow pick of fish, average size was about 15 lbs. A lot in the 17-18 lb range. I manged two others above 20, one was 22 the other 26, all the first night.

Fishoholic
10-29-2010, 01:42 PM
Nice fish!

Thumper
10-29-2010, 02:15 PM
Reel nice fish

tattoobob
10-29-2010, 02:20 PM
Nice fish Rob

Back Beach
10-29-2010, 03:25 PM
Nice going, Rob!

You guys(Dawg,Makai,Rob) are effin killing me with the 45" fish...:laugha: tough to make a call here on who has the lead. Dawg's got the official slip, but I did say close enough is good by me if you choose to release your fish. Everyone has length and a picture so I trust you are all upstanding members of S-B and honest men to boot...

I'm declaring it a three way tie...:rumble:

Maybe we'll arm wrestle for the championship if it ends deadlocked...Makai's a biiiiiiig dude, but the Dawg's got paws and forearms of steel....stay tuned...

tattoobob
10-29-2010, 04:05 PM
Don't give out prizes just yet, it's far from over

Rob Rockcrawler
10-29-2010, 05:31 PM
Im going to give it another good shot next weekend.

bassmonkey
10-29-2010, 05:52 PM
I caught this one the day before this thread was started. It was just shy of 46" and bottomed out the 30# scale.

Back Beach
10-29-2010, 06:07 PM
Don't give out prizes just yet, it's far from over

I'm not making any declarations until it's over, which is almost four weeks away.

Currently, we have a three way tie.

Back Beach
10-29-2010, 06:10 PM
I caught this one the day before this thread was started. It was just shy of 46" and bottomed out the 30# scale.

Nice catch Monkey, but unfortunately I can't count it. Abe Lincoln would be proud of you...:btu:

BassDawg
10-29-2010, 09:01 PM
Landed this gal on Block sunday night. Bottomed out the 30 boga quick. Measured after the release to a mark on my rod. 45.5", fat fish in my opinion. The only real scale to the pic is a VS 200, the rod is 11', 27" to the center of reel seat. She slammed an eel. The rest of the week was a slow pick of fish, average size was about 15 lbs. A lot in the 17-18 lb range. I manged two others above 20, one was 22 the other 26, all the first night.

nice slob, Rob!! that's what i'm TALKIN' about!!!
:claps: :claps: :claps:

BassDawg
10-29-2010, 09:09 PM

SWEEEET, bassmonkey!!! nice CATCH~~~
:uhuh: :uhuh: :uhuh:

and thank you for your integrity,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Rob Rockcrawler
10-29-2010, 09:24 PM
This has been a year of big fish. Nice to see them still around. One cool thing about fishing on block is that i got a wide size range of fish. From 14" up to large. It was the first time this season that i saw a good mix of fish.

MAKAI
10-31-2010, 04:41 PM
Mike, my fish was as I said almost 45 inch, didn't quite get there . But I'm officially done.
The last few weeks I have been going as much as I can, no sleep, no good food, the dog thinks I am a stranger. I'm unclean, unkept, unwanted and unloved. Time to get my life back.
I did get a lot of nice fish, all on lures but it seems no one cares but me.
Good luck Rob and Dawg.
How about I referee a drinking contest between them. :buds:
32 yrs bartending makes me a good judge, jury and executioner.

JohnnyD
11-01-2010, 09:29 PM
Mike, my fish was as I said almost 45 inch, didn't quite get there . But I'm officially done.
The last few weeks I have been going as much as I can, no sleep, no good food, the dog thinks I am a stranger. I'm unclean, unkept, unwanted and unloved. Time to get my life back.
Good luck Rob and Dawg.

I think you know at least one person that cares:love: as I chased down after you. You definitely had a good run this fall. Mine continues.

BassDawg
11-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Good luck Rob and Dawg.

THANKS, Makai~~~

i appreciate your honesty, and
my condolences to your serason!!

i hear ya about the "un-ness" of chasing big gurls,
a recent move has sidelined me for the past few days;

yet, i hope to get out there for this New.
prolly hit Li'l Rhody, the Harbor, and perhaps The Ditch.

the water's mighty COLD up the NShore and it has been vacant of late. was thinkin' that the Block Contingent might've posted sumthin'??

only time and tides will tell, 3 weeks LEFT~~~
good luck to ALL those that are still out there, in the surf!!
:cool: :cool: :cool:

Back Beach
11-03-2010, 12:14 PM
There will be a prize(pichney straight eely copy and salty lures) awarded for the last fish entered prior to the ending date, which is 11/25.

JohnnyD
11-03-2010, 03:00 PM
There will be a prize(pichney straight eely copy and salty lures) awarded for the last fish entered prior to the ending date, which is 11/25.

Hmmm... didn't know about that last fish prize. I landed a 36.5" fish Thursday, Oct. 28.

Will you accept that Makai can confirm the measurement?

fishbones
11-03-2010, 03:21 PM
Hmmm... didn't know about that last fish prize. I landed a 36.5" fish Thursday, Oct. 28.

Will you accept that Makai can confirm the measurement?

JD, it's a prize for the last fish entered before November 25th. There will surely be plenty of more fish caught during November.

JohnnyD
11-03-2010, 03:24 PM
JD, it's a prize for the last fish entered before November 25th. There will surely be plenty of more fish caught during November.

True. But I'm in the lead right now.:devil2:

fishbones
11-03-2010, 03:30 PM
True. But I'm in the lead right now.:devil2:

Sorry to bust your bubble, but I had 6 last night on 11/2. And 1 of them might have been after midnight which would make it 11/3.:rotf2:

JohnnyD
11-03-2010, 04:02 PM
Sorry to bust your bubble, but I had 6 last night on 11/2. And 1 of them might have been after midnight which would make it 11/3.:rotf2:

Says who? I didn't see any pictures or people to vouch. :deadhorse:

bloocrab
11-04-2010, 06:26 AM
I never bothered to measure her, but she weighed in at 31lbs.

A witness can confirm, if needed.

Dang, was it cold out there.... :uhuh:

bloocrab
11-04-2010, 06:40 AM
In case some of you did not receive this PM due to being over your PM quota, I will post what "BackBeach" PM'd those of us still fishing.

"Due to inclement weather, the closing date has been moved to November 5th. All entries beyond said date are disqualified. Please do not bother entering any other fish as they will not be counted for this year's contest. As always, thank you for participating"

Thanks for the chance Mr. BackBeach sir.....

c/o: Bloocrab
456 Bedford Street
Fall River, MA 02720

Back Beach
11-04-2010, 07:49 AM
In case some of you did not receive this PM due to being over your PM quota, I will post what "BackBeach" PM'd those of us still fishing.

"Due to inclement weather, the closing date has been moved to November 5th. All entries beyond said date are disqualified. Please do not bother entering any other fish as they will not be counted for this year's contest. As always, thank you for participating"

Thanks for the chance Mr. BackBeach sir.....

c/o: Bloocrab
456 Bedford Street
Fall River, MA 02720

:laugha:

I love it, Bloo...seeing this post is perhaps the most eggregious example of thinly veiled begging I've ever witnessed, you may qualify for some type of award...not quite sure what it will be, but keep an eye on your mailbox...btw, nice catch. :btu:

ProfessorM
11-04-2010, 08:22 AM
Beauty of a fish, nice job. Must have been cold out there. We had a good frost yesterday morn here in Lakeville. I have not been out in a week, although I did check out the canal from the path before work this week a few times but rod never left the truck. I wanted so much to get out in the tin boat off of Gooseberry yesterday with that calm wind but work for the first time in a long time got in the way. Looks like we got some nice weather coming next week so I have not given up yet.:smash:

numbskull
11-04-2010, 09:30 AM
It ain't no 30 lbs, but it is better than nothing, and at least proof that there are still fish to be had in MA.

Back Beach
11-04-2010, 09:35 AM
Awesome, George..:btu:

Typhoon
11-04-2010, 09:52 AM
Friend of mine got into a big bass in a river on the South Shore the other night. Fish broke him off.

fishbones
11-04-2010, 10:03 AM
It ain't no 30 lbs, but it is better than nothing, and at least proof that there are still fish to be had in MA.

Very nice fish on a good looking plug. I really need to branch out with my plug color selection.

Back Beach
11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
Something tells me Numby is gonna miss Thanksgiving dinner this year...

ProfessorM
11-04-2010, 04:48 PM
got a feeling G.will best himself tonight as I am a few miles north of him at work and it is nice and warm out right now with a stiff onshore breeze. Bet he gets a good one tonight. Sorry if I jinx you.

MAKAI
11-04-2010, 05:37 PM
Oh %$%$%$%$ ! I can hear the Sirens calling me back. . . . . my tortured soul is truly doomed. . . .
Is there a B. A. chapter anywhere . . . . . . .:spin:

JohnnyD
11-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Oh %$%$%$%$ ! I can hear the Sirens calling me back. . . . . my tortured soul is truly doomed. . . .
Is there a B. A. chapter anywhere . . . . . . .:spin:

I knew you couldn't pack it up with there still being tons of reports of bass.

MAKAI
11-04-2010, 09:00 PM
Maybe I'll just pour four fingers have a cigar and just let it pass.

bloocrab
11-05-2010, 06:41 AM
:deer:

Biteme
11-06-2010, 01:14 PM
Any prize for the smallest or the dumbest look?

ProfessorM
11-06-2010, 01:25 PM
You should be a shoe in for dumbest look, but I figured it would be a pic of Ernie. Did better than I . I fished a south, west , ma. area in tin boat this morning and got nutin but cold. I suck and looked dumb, but not Ernie look dumb:)

mrstriper
11-06-2010, 06:02 PM
Paul...that will cost ya a plug...:jump1:

They loved that mureel last night...for Jim...
I got one fish...on a mureel...better than no fish!!!

mrstriper
11-06-2010, 06:04 PM
zeebass...900.00 legend series 325.00ish...dumb look=priceless!!

WESTPORTMAFIA
11-07-2010, 09:03 PM

The prize should go to the guy who actually wasted his time taking the picture of the 2 dinks:rotf2:

Lower
11-08-2010, 10:44 AM

WOW...get some sleep man...

ProfessorM
11-08-2010, 07:26 PM
The prize should go to the guy who actually wasted his time taking the picture of the 2 dinks:rotf2:

ah that would be Ernest

mrstriper
11-09-2010, 09:37 PM
I am keeping track Moriarty...that's two plugs!!!:huh:
every time he got one I would hear "hey can you take my picture?"...no wonder I only got one fish that night:wall:

ProfessorM
11-10-2010, 09:13 AM
2 plugs, sounds like a normal outing with you.:uhuh:

bloocrab
11-11-2010, 02:57 AM
Incredible swellls out there again tonight......the wind was also quite pleasant. Anyone else out there chasing tail?,,,,,:wall:

Nebe
11-11-2010, 03:56 AM
Incredible swellls out there again tonight......the wind was also quite pleasant. Anyone else out there chasing tail?,,,,,:wall:

Thinking of going now, but...... Screw it.

Back Beach
11-13-2010, 07:25 AM
Less than two weeks remain...is it really over, or does it just seem like it???

BassDawg
11-13-2010, 07:39 AM
been ALL over SoCo for the last thrfee nights/days~~~

getting kinda crispy round the edges,,,,,,,,,,,TONS of

~~~SURF~~~

out there, and nuttin' peeling drag.
brutal to work wood in the 8'-10', w/ 12' rogues. factor in the WIND!!

rough and tumble to say the least these past few daze~

gonna shoot down to SoCo NOW til 11 to kiss the Old Girl
goodbye; til April,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"parting is such sweet sorrow!!"

piemma
11-13-2010, 08:38 AM
Less than two weeks remain...is it really over, or does it just seem like it???

Mike, you are old enough to know better at this point.

Little kids swimming by with a VERY occasional "Old Girl". Billy, "The #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&" and I use to crush 'em at this time of year but you needed to go WAAAAAAY West.

FoliFish
11-15-2010, 05:20 PM

You should be a shoe in for dumbest look, but I figured it would be a pic of Ernie. Did better than I . I fished a south, west , ma. area in tin boat this morning and got nutin but cold. I suck and looked dumb, but not Ernie look dumb:)

zeebass...900.00 legend series 325.00ish...dumb look=priceless!!

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Get a pic of that alien he got the other night...should be worth a few points anyway!!! What was that thing...I'm still having nightmares.

bigwavedave
11-15-2010, 09:18 PM
I caught my P.B so far not huge but a great thrill.not bad for my first season.would have been imposible without the boys from C.S.A. 35" 18 #

BassDawg
11-16-2010, 05:40 AM
CONGRATS on a new PB, bwd!!
:claps: :claps: :claps:

what didjya get it with?

Rob Rockcrawler
11-16-2010, 10:57 AM
Congrats on the PB, thats a real accomplishemnt to get her at this time of the year.

bigwavedave
11-16-2010, 07:39 PM
Thanks guys still trying to get the pics.up Mag darter after all the black paint wore off my 9 year old son patrick thought yellow rustoleum on the bottom half would be cool.first fish on that lure..

zimmy
11-17-2010, 09:35 AM
Not over yet here...

BassDawg
11-18-2010, 06:06 AM
Thanks guys still trying to get the pics.up Mag darter after all the black paint wore off my 9 year old son patrick thought yellow rustoleum on the bottom half would be cool. first fish on that lure..

you're welcome,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

THAT is AWESOME!!! your son must be stoked~~

LOVE it when a plan comes together!!

Back Beach
11-21-2010, 08:37 AM
109 hours and counting remain....

Rob Rockcrawler
11-21-2010, 09:55 AM
Id love to see some more fish caught. Anyone going to block this week? Ive thought about making a late late season trip over there but it didnt happen this year.

CrazyChef
11-21-2010, 03:36 PM
who's in the lead?

bigwavedave
11-21-2010, 06:19 PM
still at it goin out 2-3 or 4 times this week coming ...... guesse what lure im goin to use ?

chrisjoe13
11-22-2010, 05:42 PM
Tonight will be my night.

Back Beach
11-24-2010, 12:26 PM
11 hours, 34 minutes and counting....contest ends at 12:01 tomorrow morning. Get your entries up by midnight if anyone has one, please...

Slipknot
11-24-2010, 06:16 PM
why does it end tonight at midnight? that's too early
I usually take one last trip the morning of Thanksgiving, oh well

Back Beach
11-25-2010, 04:32 AM
why does it end tonight at midnight? that's too early
I usually take one last trip the morning of Thanksgiving, oh well

Bonus time granted...we will play until kickoff...

Slipknot
11-25-2010, 10:04 AM
but struck out

Back Beach
11-25-2010, 01:56 PM
Here's the decision(s)..

It was a close and hard fought battle between three of S-B's finest men, but there can only be one grand champion. BassDawg did have the only official weight slip so I used that as a tie breaker seeing it was very close. I congradulate Rob and Makai for their catches and am declaring them runners up. I will award them conrads also.

1. BassDawg is our grand champion...congrats Jess! You have a conrad sr and the Salty tins coming.

2. Rob Rockcrawler and Makai are runners up and both of them have conrad sr's coming.

3. Bigwavedave takes the "late" championship and gets the eely in addition to the Salty tins.

Congrats to the winners and thanks for participating. Keep an eye out for our second annual "It's On" contest next spring.

UserRemoved1
11-25-2010, 02:02 PM
Mike I'll send those down to you on Monday and you can send with the lures.

Congrats all!

Back Beach
11-25-2010, 02:07 PM
Special thanks to Salty for contributing the extra treats :btu:

Rob Rockcrawler
11-25-2010, 03:31 PM
Cool, thanks Back Beach for making this happen. It added a bit of excitement to the fall run. Congrats to all those who hooked up, it was a funny fall. Is it just me or did it seem to go by awfully quick this year?

BassDawg
11-25-2010, 04:10 PM
THANKS, Mike and Scott for the hardware!!

that was a fuuuun Tournament, and what a BLAST that night was fishing with some old SoCo friends and sum New ones from the Left Coast. CONGRATS to Rob, Makai, and bwDave as well!!

can't wait till next yr's,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"It's Over",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

which i am sad to admit; for me; it IS ovah for 2010~~~
:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

enjoy the off season, gents!! and i hope to sea ya'll at TFCTFN,
if things go right i should be able to make it to this one!!
:gh: :gh: :gh:

ProfessorM
11-26-2010, 09:13 AM
congrats to the winners

tysdad115
11-26-2010, 09:34 AM
Congrats to the winners, at least some one was catching this fall.

bigwavedave
11-26-2010, 09:35 AM
Thanks B.B.and Scot,For my first year at this i couldnt enjoyed it more.Still have looooooots to learn but all the guys here make u feel like you have been around forever..Still getin out but seems to be time to call it quits ..Thanks again. C.W.T.Spring

agsurfr
11-26-2010, 09:57 AM
Congratulation to the winners. Well done.

I am especially pleased for Rob and Dave.

aram

numbskull
11-26-2010, 10:33 AM
UGH! I lost again!!! I'll get those lowlifes next year. :wall::wall::wall:

Thumper
11-26-2010, 11:02 AM
Congrats guys!!

BassDawg
11-26-2010, 11:41 AM
Thanks ALL,,,,,,,,,

you'll get us next year, George~~~

if ya pony-up, and throw sum EEEEEEEEEEEEEELS!!!
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

JohnR
11-26-2010, 01:07 PM
Thanks Mike! Awesome as always.

Congrats to the winners, and playahs.... :love:

BassDawg
11-26-2010, 07:04 PM
Cool, thanks Back Beach for making this happen. It added a bit of excitement to the fall run. Congrats to all those who hooked up, it was a funny fall. Is it just me or did it seem to go by awfully quick this year?

definitely went by quickly for us NShorians~~~

the RUN in RI was brutal from a wind and surf standpoint!

tough fishing and offshore howls made most blitzes unreachable,
or at least when i was down there, missed the Mon~Wed Run that happened in early November by one night :wall: :wall: :wall:

was a decent year for the limited amount of times i was able to fish.
no NEW pb, except for a wood pb ~thanks to BB's blk/silver conrad.
:uhuh: :uhuh: :uhuh:

MAKAI
11-26-2010, 07:08 PM
Maybe now you can cross over to the dark side and become a lure junkie.

tattoobob
11-26-2010, 07:15 PM
Thanks for putting this on Mike it was fun, congrats to the winners

BassDawg
11-26-2010, 07:30 PM
Maybe now you can cross over to the dark side and become a lure junkie.

i hear ya Makai; yet, that all depends,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

do you consider riggies, lures??

if so, then that jones took over this year!!

i fished rigged eeels almost exclusively from Sept's New forward.
landed a 38.85 on a rigged eel, which is a pb for rigg ed snakes!!!

wanted to sea the difference between them and live ones in response to one of Numby's earlier Springtime threads. i didn't alternate enuff during outings this year, but i do have evidence from previous years.

and my numbers indicate LIVE in first, with riggies a close second for lahhhge. only an AH herring spook comes close @ 48", three Falls ago,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i will give lures a greater number of tries next year, and have decided to even fish them at night, instead of solely thru the three lights.

do swim shads count as lures, or is that not AYCedary enuff??

MAKAI
11-26-2010, 07:54 PM
Just me,
But I get more satisfaction from artificials than bait. A Zen thing I suppose.
Though I have no problem hitting the easy button and dipping in the eel bucket if that's what it takes.

Riggies are as much a "lure" as when we troll butterflied pogies.
If it's bio- degradable it's bait.

Congratulations btw.

O.D. Mike
11-26-2010, 08:25 PM
Congrats to the winners!!!

BassDawg
11-26-2010, 10:35 PM
Just me,
But I get more satisfaction from artificials than bait. A Zen thing I suppose.
Though I have no problem hitting the easy button and dipping in the eel bucket if that's what it takes.

Riggies are as much a "lure" as when we troll butterflied pogies.
If it's bio- degradable it's bait.

Congratulations btw.

Thanks, m'man!! kudos to you, too!!

bart
11-27-2010, 04:54 AM
congrats to the winners. nice of you to do this, Mike....