View Full Version : i'm done , but went out with a bang

blue oyster
10-13-2010, 06:03 PM
the last trip of the year was one of the best of the year with 7 fish 36" to 41" . its been a great year for me for size and numbers only 3 skunks in 24 trips , fished some new spots ,some old classics , tried a few new things one of which has worked out very well . i know its a little early to pull the plug but i have waited later in the season in past years and found myself laying in the driveway on a 38 degree day servicing the trailer and covering the boat . (not fun). its going to be a long 7 months :wall:

Moses
10-13-2010, 06:11 PM
Good to hear you had a good season. Mine still isn't over, usually around txsgiving I put the boat away after a few trips to RI, CT & NY waters.

Big Game
10-13-2010, 06:42 PM
I agree with Blue Oyster...No fun changing gear oil when its so cold you can't feel your fingers! Glad to hear you ended your season on a positive note.

I hauled today. Hopefully I can get everything winterized and shrinkwrapped in the next few weeks. The good news is that the floats go back in the water on March 18th! :)

Monty
10-13-2010, 07:03 PM
Since you're done, you mind telling me where your hot spots are? :buds:

ProfessorM
10-13-2010, 08:05 PM
My boat is going to be put away next week. Not quitting fishing yet I'll just beg my way on to other peoples boats. I too am sick of winterizing while my fingers freeze off.

Clammer
10-13-2010, 08:22 PM
one boat goes idle mid November .. & the tin rig comes out from then til April ><><><><:fishin:

Van
10-16-2010, 09:33 PM
That's a GREAT season Joe.

This was one of my best as well.

It was nice seeing you out there finally.

I'll be calling it within another week also..
Sad its over..................:mad::mad: