View Full Version : RI Fishing License........

JohnS
10-16-2010, 12:53 AM
I read the sticky on the top of the page but I'm am still confused :smash: I am a resident of CT. and have the combo fishing liscense for salt/fresh. I failed to notice when I signed up for the MS tourny w/CSA that I need a liscense to be ligit. Have not been to RI since last year.

So my question is: I presume I need an out of state liscense for RI. ?

The way I read the CT site I'm not covered to fish RI w/CT liscense???
:confused: Was gonna head out this morning but I'm gonna hold off from fishing until I know for sure. Don't want to be lawbreaker :wall:
Thanks in advance!

Pete F.
10-16-2010, 06:00 AM
OK - important rules:

FISHING AREA: Napatree Point to Narrow River Narragansett, Rhode Island. ( NO BLOCK ISLAND )
All fish must be caught from the Shore/Surf and weighed at Weekapaug Bait & Tackle in Weekapaug, R.I. , Snug Harbor Marina in Wakefield, R.I. and Quonny Bait and Tackle in Charlestown, R.I.
Rhode Island Fishing/ Beach Regulations will be adhered to at all times.
All anglers fishing in the tournament must have a valid saltwater fishing license. ( Rhode Island License -- License from an other State or Federal License ) ... so for example your Mass Federal License works

Bill L
10-16-2010, 06:07 AM
The NOAA license is good for RI this year, it's free, just go to the website and register. Not sure off the top of my head if CT has reciprocity with RI

JohnS
10-16-2010, 07:43 AM
yes it does I ck'd good to go

iamskippy
10-16-2010, 09:16 AM
however Ri will accept reciprocal license, this info can be found here (http://saltwater.ri.gov/)

Who needs a license?

Beginning in 2010, in order to fish recreationally for finfish in Rhode Island's marine waters, saltwater anglers and spearfishers must have:

* A RI Recreational Saltwater Fishing License, or
* A National Saltwater Angler Registration, or
* A recreational saltwater fishing license from a reciprocal state