View Full Version : Striper Time

UserRemoved1
10-16-2010, 04:25 AM
YouTube - "Striper Time" (1956) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sQHQVCSuhg&feature=related)

This video never gets old.

Sparfish
10-16-2010, 07:49 AM
"This will lower mama's raised eyebrow and brighten her skeptical eye"

Gobi
10-16-2010, 08:26 AM
Nice!

stcroixman
10-16-2010, 09:52 AM
don't need the video, my 2oz salty white needle earned its pay last weekend and this am. It was appropiate that it was lost at sea on my final cast this am.

It's getting to the point where I only fish white pencils and needles. I'll be ordering this winter Keep up the good work.

iamskippy
10-16-2010, 10:57 AM
awesomeness

UserRemoved1
10-16-2010, 11:36 AM
LOL St Croix thanks :kewl:

Now watch the video :grins:

don't need the video, my 2oz salty white needle earned its pay last weekend and this am. It was appropiate that it was lost at sea on my final cast this am.

It's getting to the point where I only fish white pencils and needles. I'll be ordering this winter Keep up the good work.

StriperWriter
10-17-2010, 12:00 PM
loved it

piemma
10-17-2010, 04:20 PM
Scotty, you are the best. That was great. I came by last week but no one was home??? It was early.

UserRemoved1
10-17-2010, 04:38 PM
Had to take the van down to get the lower radiator hose changed. Sorry I missed you!

Scotty, you are the best. That was great. I came by last week but no one was home??? It was early.

Finaddict
10-17-2010, 10:03 PM
That was great, and hilarious too ... I love that "back-breaking 45 pounder" ... but it would have been nice to have been able to fish back then ... imagine those spots today, a few more anglers I would imagine. Time to build a time machine with enough room for a 10-foot stick and some gear.

BassDawg
10-18-2010, 08:22 AM
That was great, and hilarious too ... I love that "back-breaking 45 pounder" ... but it would have been nice to have been able to fish back then ... imagine those spots today, a few more anglers I would imagine. Time to build a time machine with enough room for a 10-foot stick and some gear.

~~~ imagine fishing there with THEIR gear ~~~

i wouldn't change a thing! for me, the challenge would be to accomplish what they accomplished, with their "lesser" technology.

seems to me a fairer fight would be had, and one would have to be on top of one's Striperin' game, closer to the true meaning of "angling", to Land sum LAHHHHHGE!!

thanks Scotty,,,,,,,,,,,B&W is my favorite genre in EVERY expression of Art. Hitchcock, Escher, the old Classic Horror Films, and Documentaries!! sorry for the coming rant; but clips like that remind me very clearly that

THAT generation of men would KICK our "lilly-livered" arses, today~~ without breaking a sweat. back then, they really DID eat lightning and crap thunder, and WALKED to school, and fought for World Peace, and would NEVER have stood for nor pulled the CRAP that we've turned this land, country, and gov't of ours into!!
:bl: :bl: :bl:

often times; less is more, and booksmart is streetdumberer,,,,,

for me, it is a screaming indictment of how far we are removed from
where we should be at the very core of our Nation and as a God-fearing Peoples, and makes me kinda pissed that we are WHERE we are because of many reasons; but the glaringest of them all, imho, is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,MONEY and the roots attached to its EVIL!!!
:devil2: :devil2: :devil2: