View Full Version : another striper swiper winner!!

shore manic
03-23-2003, 08:35 PM
i never expect to win in raffles. but 4:00pm i get a call that i won a lure package and come pick em up. well i got my bag, opened it up there's a smiling bill looking at me. dig a little and find a pack of ledgerunners 5 1/2" white pearl splitails w 3/4 oz.jigheads.some bubblegum curlytails and more. now i'm not as lucky as chris L.but i bet i had a smile just as big as his daughters. thanks to all that donated ! :happy:

BEETLE
03-24-2003, 07:09 AM
I also won a Carbone Bag ! Nice surprise. Thanks to all who bought tixs from the kids, thanks to all who donated. A great cause !

Van
03-24-2003, 08:07 AM
Shore:

Congrats man !!!:D
I am glad to see some winners here on John's site.

Nice meeting you Saturday.

Also all the other SB guys who stopped to say hello.

QUESTION::::

Someone came by the juniors booth saturday, mentioned my name, (i was on break) dropped 20 bucks for the kids (but did not buy tickets).

Thanks very much, but......

WHO ARE YOU ?????

shore manic
03-24-2003, 06:45 PM
nice prize beetle! i was checking those out.the only thing i could see that might need improvement is putting on a rubber piece that will slide up the strap on your shoulder to prevent the nylon strap from digging in don't recall seeing one on them.i'm going to order one a little down the road. VAN* nice to meet you too, i'll work on the get together!

BEETLE
03-25-2003, 06:26 AM
S/Manic - George Carbone is a great guy to deal with - he would look forward to getting feedback from customers on product improvements.

chris L
03-25-2003, 07:00 AM
me daughter has a smile about 3 times bigger than.:D :D added together . And I know she will let me borrow her carbone bag :D .

JohnR
03-25-2003, 08:04 AM
Chris & Shore - glad ya won something!

Chris - I have your Carbone Bag and it has a rod & reel inside it too (would be good for your girls) and some other schtuff :D ... I'm sure I will see you soon at some point, right?

Van
03-25-2003, 08:10 AM
I actually won one drawing too.
It was a wooden hand caved frame with fishies on it.
But being so BIG hearted, I put it back on the table.

The guy who won it was psyched !!!!!!

Thanks to everybody.

I got a surprise last night.
Went to Walmart to pick through some stuff, got a few storm lures and decided to pick up a rod/reel combo for my son.
It was an off brand "Hurricane"....
The combo was 35 bucks so I figured what the heck.

When I brought it to the register, it rang through at 7 DOLLARS !!!

Talk about psyched !!!!
And it is pretty good qualit too.

chris L
03-25-2003, 08:11 AM
I should be heading in your direction soon enough . If I can keep Alex's mind on other things , bike riding is big right now . Dont forget to load the bikes in your truck for tonite Dad .

mrmacey
03-25-2003, 08:14 AM
that was like this abu outfit 9.99 brought it to register 10 0/0 off nice little light tackle bluefish rod!! something to have fun with i thought casting a conventional would be hard but this was pretty easy:D