View Full Version : Celtics and Shaq

Saltheart
10-18-2010, 08:09 AM
I have never had any use for Shaq. Never thought he was in shape , never felt he tried hard, never felt he knew "team" had no "I" in it, just didn't like him.

Now he's a Celtic so I got to root for him. Gonna be hard to get my head around that. :)

He could be one of their classic role players at crunch time like Walton was. We'll see. At least he'll put in some minutes and enable some rest fo whoever plays in the last few minutes if not him. I also think he's a good Bully match up if "Superman" tries getting fiesty again like last season.

i watched the new tall kid play9forgot the name) . He's got some promise. I think they are still a playoff threat. I wouldn't look for a 60 game season but I think they will have to be respected in the playoffs again this year. At least I hope so. :)

afterhours
10-18-2010, 08:33 AM
got a feeling that this team is better than last years...kg healthier, pp happier, some new blood, and don't forget we have 4 future hof'ers.

The Dad Fisherman
10-18-2010, 08:51 AM
I will be amazed if Miami doesn't win it all this year.......

Celts are getting old.....and it starts to show as the season wears on.

ProfessorM
10-18-2010, 09:02 AM
just sit him till playoffs. If we had the two o' Neils, big guys, last year they could of, would of , pushed us over the line as it was big guy play that killed us against LA. I was never a big fan but I think he will become very useful to us in the paint, if only for hard fouls and taking up a lot of space, come playoff time. Like last year I think it all comes down to health with older guys. If healthy I think we can win it all as I think we are definitely better on paper this year. Look forward to the ride this year going to be fun. :uhuh:

BigFish
10-18-2010, 11:14 AM
Big Guy play was not a problem as far as Big Baby was concerned! He rocked the house and I would like to see him get some solid minutes this season!! If you mean
Big Guy" in regards to the likes of Pierce and Garnet......they sure slouched last year post season...especially Pierce!

ProfessorM
10-18-2010, 01:27 PM
Gasol would and did eat big baby up. Baby is not big enough to compete at the center position day in and day out with talented players. He is a forward IMO. We needed bulk there and Perk with the technical situation and getting hurt didn't help us. As far as slouching we took a very good team to 7 games and had a healthy lead in final game so I can't figure out what you are talking about as far a slouching goes. They had good games that maybe didn't figure in the points dept. but other things were done well. I didn't see slouching, maybe an off game here or there. You can't be slouching with the defense they play.

Slipknot
10-18-2010, 03:24 PM
he must be confusing randy Moss with Paul Pierce, Paul.:wall:

BigFish
10-18-2010, 03:25 PM
The Celts big three folded in game 7....no????

BigFish
10-18-2010, 03:28 PM
I was over Cutty watching game 7 and I recall vividly......they absolutely folded, their play through out the playoffs was spotty at best! Ray Allen had the big 3 point game early on in the series and was invisible from then on! Pierce and Garnet were not exactly playing to their potential in fact the Lakers were trying their hardest to give us the series in game 7 and we tried harder to give it back!! Worst, ugliest game 7 I have ever seen!

Saltheart
10-18-2010, 08:36 PM
one capable big man for the lasat 4 min utes of Game 7 and we'd be the champs. They did as well as could ever be expected last year since KG was a no show in the playoffs IMO. With any big guy playing well for the last few mi utes in LA we would have had it all. Pierec was solid. Rondo played way over his head. damned near a miracle in fact. Ray Allen went stone cold after the big 3 point game. I never would have imagined that happening.

Nope to me we were champs minus 1 player...KG.

afterhours
10-22-2010, 06:38 AM
heard that 'sheed was still living here and will be back later in the season al'la pj brown.