View Full Version : New PB from Shore

Fishoholic
10-18-2010, 10:37 AM
Caught her the weekend before last for the Habs. Not the heaviest but the longest from shore by about 3 inches. 44" but only 26lbs boooo one of the skinniest bass I've ever caught. But she fought like hell..Especially in a few kts of current. Caught her on a black spray painted NB darter. Thanks for the pic Tynan19. Kasey I dunno how ya did it.. but my 44" looks like a 60"... without sticking my arms out.. For reference I'm 6'2 280lbs :grins:

RIJIMMY
10-18-2010, 10:39 AM
nice fish, looks much bigger. . but I am disappointed, I thought your avatar was your real picture.

numbskull
10-18-2010, 10:43 AM
Get a better scale. Nice fish, nice tackle.

BigFish
10-18-2010, 10:44 AM
He is below you taking the pic....so it looks bigger. But DAMN!!!!! Nice friggin' fish!!!!:drool::drool::drool: Congrats on your awsome catch!!!:uhuh:

fishbones
10-18-2010, 10:50 AM
Congrats on the PB. That fish definitely looks larger than 26 pounds. Either that, or you aren't anywhere close to 280.

I'd like to see that fish next to the 41 pounder in the other thread.

Fishoholic
10-18-2010, 10:53 AM
Thanks guys! I was on cloud 9 for a few days after :grins:

Congrats on the PB. That fish definitely looks larger than 26 pounds. Either that, or you aren't anywhere close to 280.

I'd like to see that fish next to the 41 pounder in the other thread.

I was actually 300lbs about a month ago...another 40 to go and I'll be happy. I weighed her at QL so I'm pretty sure it's legit. She sat on the rocks for about 2 or 3 hours but I didn't think she'd loose all that much. My fish guesstimating sucks..I was thinking at least 30-35lbs

O.D. Mike
10-18-2010, 10:55 AM
nice fish, looks much bigger. . but I am disappointed, I thought your avatar was your real picture.

:rotf2::rotf2::rotf2:

BigFish
10-18-2010, 10:58 AM
I love "Cloud 9"....:uhuh: I don't get there often enough!:jump1:

Fly Rod
10-18-2010, 11:01 AM
:cheers: Congratulations!

Sea Flat
10-18-2010, 11:15 AM
First, congrats on that awesome fish. 44" is a long fish to only weigh that much, but whatever, still awesome!!

Second, congrats on losing the weight. I am 6'4" and I too, was once 300 lbs. Been hovering happily around 240 lbs. for almost two years now. Keep it up, you can do it. My one suggestion is that if you mess up one day, do not give up, just pick it up again the next day.

Striper_Haven_03
10-18-2010, 11:35 AM
Congrats on your PB. The bar has been raised...which only fuels the addiction even more. Looks a bit larger to me as well...just looking at the pic I would have guessed 30 or so. Either way great job!

-Fireman

Adam_777
10-18-2010, 11:49 AM
Nice fish .That thing is 40# all day.QL must have wanted someone else to win the tourney.:jump1:

Vogt
10-18-2010, 11:51 AM
Nice fish.

Ive caught/seen/weighed plenty of bass in that length & weight range. Your scale or the shop's scale is fine. Weight can be quite variable in that length bracket.

Nebe
10-18-2010, 12:14 PM
Moo!!!!!!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Rmarsh
10-18-2010, 02:42 PM
Congrats nice fish.

timmah
10-18-2010, 02:51 PM
I was gonna say "New Pb" that's not your PB, but you clarified the length part. Your weight pb was definitely a bigger cow fathead but only 41inchs and didn't fight nearly as well. I thought this one was at least 30lbs too, when u pulled it out. Another PB this week hopefully. :jump1:

Maybe the grumpy old man switched it when we weren't looking :rotf2::rotf2:

tattoobob
10-18-2010, 03:13 PM
Congrats on your PB, Look at the size of the head compared to the skinny body, I have seen a 44" fish weight 22 pounds so the weight is close I'm sure

Rob Rockcrawler
10-18-2010, 03:37 PM
Nice fish, gotta love the North bars.

JLH
10-18-2010, 03:49 PM
Nice fish, Congratulations on the new PB!

Fishoholic
10-19-2010, 07:52 AM
Thanks for the kind words guys! :buds:

Second, congrats on losing the weight. I am 6'4" and I too, was once 300 lbs. Been hovering happily around 240 lbs. for almost two years now. Keep it up, you can do it. My one suggestion is that if you mess up one day, do not give up, just pick it up again the next day.

Thanks man. Late night snack attacks will be my downfall.

Nice fish, gotta love the North bars.

They have been really good to me this year. Don't get me wrong.. I love tying on something me or one of my friends made but I can't deny how effective these plastic plugs are.

Maybe the grumpy old man switched it when we weren't looking :rotf2::rotf2:

I'm surprised he didn't kick it in the water to see if I'd jump in after it.

zimmy
10-19-2010, 08:39 AM
nice fish. northbars are friggin ridiculous

afterhours
10-19-2010, 08:42 AM
nice fish TJ! looks MUCH heavier than 26#????

BassDawg
10-19-2010, 09:36 AM
Caught her the weekend before last for the Habs. Not the heaviest but the longest from shore by about 3 inches. 44" but only 26lbs boooo one of the skinniest bass I've ever caught. But she fought like hell..Especially in a few kts of current. Caught her on a black spray painted NB darter. Thanks for the pic Tynan19. Kasey I dunno how ya did it.. but my 44" looks like a 60"... without sticking my arms out.. For reference I'm 6'2 280lbs :grins:

first of all, CONGRATS on an inches pb, i think??

i can't say that i've ever heard of THAT one, however.

just shows to go ya,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,length doan mean sheet w/o GIRTH!!
i think that for that reason i will continue to shoot for weight and NOT length. to your larger point~~

there is a HUGE difference between 26# and 36#,
NEVERMIND 40#'s,,,,,,,,,,,,,,that fish looks right on, for 26#.

and i would not question QL's scales as some have, here.
they are pricey, no doubt, but weight schisters; i think NOT!
:uhuh: :uhuh: :uhuh:

notice the skinny tail section, how the torso actually tapers IN from the head, and the tail is not very broad, either.
please understand that i'm not picking on yer "pb", just trying to help it to make sense.

AGREED, relative to its length; that is one skinny mofo!
keep fishing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if that one's there, then its bigger sistah may be close by~~~

Fishoholic
10-19-2010, 09:49 AM
nice fish TJ! looks MUCH heavier than 26#????

Don I think I'm going to pay Kasey to fish with me and take pictures of everything I catch! :grins: He's very talented at taking pics.. and a damn good fisherman too.

first of all, CONGRATS on an inches pb, i think??

i can't say that i've ever heard of THAT one, however.

just shows to go ya,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,length doan mean sheet w/o GIRTH!!
i think that for that reason i will continue to shoot for weight and NOT length. to your larger point~~

there is a HUGE difference between 26# and 36#,
NEVERMIND 40#'s,,,,,,,,,,,,,,that fish looks right on, for 26#.

and i would not question QL's scales as some have, here.
they are pricey, no doubt, but weight schisters; i think NOT!
:uhuh: :uhuh: :uhuh:

notice the skinny tail section, how the torso actually tapers IN from the head, and the tail is not very broad, either.
please understand that i'm not picking on yer "pb", just trying to help it to make sense.

AGREED, relative to its length; that is one skinny mofo!
keep fishing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if that one's there, then its bigger sistah may be close by~~~

I'm not arguing it's weight or accusing QL of anything. It is what it is :) for what it's worth.. the drift before I lost an even bigger fish that I could barely stop and couldn't move.. after 20 minutes the hooks pulled... Either that was big sister..or little brother hooked in the arse!
:buds:

BassDawg
10-19-2010, 10:00 AM
Don I think I'm going to pay Kasey to fish with me and take pictures of everything I catch! :grins: He's very talented at taking pics.. and a damn good fisherman too.

I'm not arguing it's weight or accusing QL of anything. It is what it is :) for what it's worth.. the drift before I lost an even bigger fish that I could barely stop and couldn't move.. after 20 minutes the hooks pulled... Either that was big sister..or little brother hooked in the arse!
:buds:

i'm WITH you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

i know YOU didn't argue the weight, and it was prolly TIC before!

but, those guys are rather reputable and well established fixtures along their stretch of the Striper Coast.

the hooks pulled out of a NB darter? or they got pulled out of the fish? because either way that is an unfortunate and disappointing way to drop a fish. i don't mind so much when it's me, it SUUUX when it's tackle failure,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :wall: :wall: :wall:

Fishoholic
10-19-2010, 10:08 AM
Nahh..Plugs fine.. Pulled out of the fish,, I was putting too much pressure on it...I knew it.. But I couldn't turn the thing out of the current...

BassDawg
10-19-2010, 10:24 AM
BUMMMER, know the feeling; all TOO well!
:( :( :(

tynan19
10-19-2010, 10:43 AM

Lol throw a C in front of the asey and we will call it even. Kind of funny I straightened a clip as well at the same time with a northbar.

Fishoholic
10-19-2010, 10:55 AM
Lol throw a C in front of the asey and we will call it even. Kind of funny I straightened a clip as well at the same time with a northbar.

:hee: sorry bud!

I forgot about that clip.. That was crazy.

tynan19
10-19-2010, 11:50 AM
This one makes the head look even bigger. The photo viewer kind of makes the pics wash out huh? I wanted to test this photo as well.

Fishoholic
10-19-2010, 12:01 PM
This one makes the head look even bigger. The photo viewer kind of makes the pics wash out huh? I wanted to test this photo as well.

That is is pretty friggin fat head! (the bass too)

timmah
10-19-2010, 01:31 PM

I didn't think you could make Tj's head any bigger after that fish. You are a Photog marvel. :rotf2:

StriperWriter
10-21-2010, 03:23 PM
"Forget" the criticisers, constructive or not. GREAT fish! Nighttime, shore, plugs in the dark... PB... just awesome. The look on your face makes me wanna go out. Matter a fact I am right now!!!! Congrats on PB... And thanks for the sudden inspiration.

Ken_J
10-21-2010, 03:32 PM
unless you are 4 feet tall, that pic looks like a monsta striper!

:)

nice man