View Full Version : Future "Block" Heads!

BigFish
10-20-2010, 04:14 PM
Hey Tagger and TattooBob.......great bumping into you guys over the Vineyard today!!!:jump1:

tattoobob
10-20-2010, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the Plug Larry, always great seeing you.

My arms hurt

Tagger
10-20-2010, 04:25 PM
should have left with you .. fell down ,, cracked my rod tip .. lost 2 plugs and a metal ..nothing to show for it ... except a cut shin .. ouch

Raven
10-20-2010, 04:35 PM
sounds like fatigue had already set in Ed but you chose to ignore it
because the potential for a fifty was just too good.

sorry you fell down and lost plugs ta boot.:confused:

tattoobob
10-20-2010, 04:41 PM
Don't you think by now almost 2011 they could come up with something better than ceramic for rod guides?

Tagger
10-20-2010, 06:47 PM
Don't you think by now almost 2011 they could come up with something better than ceramic for rod guides?

That was the rod tip Dennis gave me at Block when I fell down there .. mentalsental value .. Raven ,,, you are correct ,, I was pooped ,,, one more casting it for another hr.

Backbeach Jake
10-20-2010, 06:59 PM

They do. I have a tip that installed by Tony A at the Olde CapeCod Tackle Box some years ago that is all metal. It has no grooves after guiding braid all this time. It's on my 8foot Uglystik. I'm thinking carbaloy or something like that. It was pricey way back then.

justplugit
10-20-2010, 07:33 PM
That was the rod tip Dennis gave me at Block when I fell down there ..

Doing too much of that Pallotti stuff. :hidin:

nightfighter
10-20-2010, 08:03 PM
should have left with you .. fell down ,, cracked my rod tip .. lost 2 plugs and a metal ..nothing to show for it ... except a cut shin .. ouch

Eddie, were you practicing up on your cliff diving in advance of your Block trip? You could get pointers on that from Bob.....:grins: wish I was joining you guys on that one. Not the year for me.

BigFish
10-20-2010, 08:21 PM
I thought Bob was more of a "roller" than a diver???:rotf2:

tattoobob
10-20-2010, 08:35 PM
Nope tumbler

BigFish
10-20-2010, 08:36 PM
I think "Cliff Tumbling" is going to be an Olympic sport in 2012???:uhuh:

Tagger
10-21-2010, 06:27 AM
That was the first dixie I've taken this year .(rolling the yak don't count).. Stepped on a almost a 2' round boulder .. I didn't expect it to roll on me... I was pimped..

Rockfish9
10-21-2010, 07:32 AM

don't feel too bad Eddie, my last trip of the season ended in 6 broken rods.... I tottaly spaced and backed into the garage with six rods in the rocket launcher in the bed of my truck... OUCH!

Tagger
10-21-2010, 07:42 AM
don't feel too bad Eddie, my last trip of the season ended in 6 broken rods.... I tottaly spaced and backed into the garage with six rods in the rocket launcher in the bed of my truck... OUCH!

Thanks Joe , for trying to make me feel better at your expense .. Not to 1 up you , I just recently backed my sht box 1999 exploder into the rear quarter of my wifes 07 ford 500 we're just finishing payments on . I was expecting a beating,, she just laughed at me .. She knows I'm a space shot ... :uhuh:

DZ
10-21-2010, 07:54 AM
Thanks Joe , for trying to make me feel better at your expense .. Not to 1 up you , I just recently backed my sht box 1999 exploder into the rear quarter of my wifes 07 ford 500 we're just finishing payments on . I was expecting a beating,, she just laughed at me .. She knows I'm a space shot ... :uhuh:

I'm not gonna park anywhere near you on Block.

DZ

numbskull
10-21-2010, 08:12 AM

:)Thanks for sharing that one. Did something similar to three flyrods with a full gas can once.

Tagger
10-21-2010, 08:16 AM
I'm not gonna park anywhere near you on Block.

DZ

You know how on your mirror it says "things maybe closer than they appear" ? I found that to be true ... :uhuh:

Rockfish9
10-21-2010, 08:18 AM

No problem... backing one vehicle into the oter redefines having a bad day....on the other hand.. it gives me relief in knowing I'm not the only one out there doing these things...

Rockfish9
10-21-2010, 08:23 AM
:)Thanks for sharing that one. Did something similar to three flyrods with a full gas can once.

My pleasure... and what they say about ugly sticks... not true... i snapped 6" off of two of them.. cheapo trolling rods.. no big deal... the heart breaker was the 15 year old Honey lami that I made when my Dad died... I cant "replace" that one...

JohnnySaxatilis
10-21-2010, 08:44 AM
damn. im glad im not the only retard haha. Ive done some way more idiotic things fellas so don't feel bad. and name me one person who has fished at the canal and not busted their a$$. Im on about a half dozen good beatings from the ditch. and my tail bone is actually still bruised from the last one :biglaugh: