View Full Version : Gotta Clear The Air!

BigFish
10-20-2010, 07:37 PM
For some reason everyone thinks I am and have been fishing on the Vineyard??? Truth is I have never been to the Vineyard!! I started that "Vineyard Is Hot" thread as a spot burn retort to that canal spot burn thread and I have been getting some funny e-mails and even phone calls from folks wanting to know where on the Vineyard I am getting all those fish I reported??? Got a call today from Julien that works at Larry's Bait and Tackle today wanting to know where I was getting into the fish!!!:rotf2::rotf2::rotf2: Pretty funny when I had to explain it to him!! (Nice talking with you Julien!):rotf2:

So....to sum up.....not on the Vineyard. Never been to the Vineyard. Hope to get there someday!:uhuh:

striperman36
10-20-2010, 07:46 PM
I am shocked, shocked to here this.
I did not see you on the canal cams though

BigFish
10-20-2010, 07:50 PM
I have studied the canal cams areas of photo coverage and have strategically positioned myself so as to stay out of camera range so folks don't know where I am getting all my 16 inch stripers!!! I want all of them for myself!!:drool:

Nebe
10-20-2010, 07:50 PM
Lol!!!!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

striperman36
10-20-2010, 07:53 PM
I have studied the canal cams areas of photo coverage and have strategically positioned myself so as to stay out of camera range so folks don't know where I am getting all my 16 inch stripers!!! I want all of them for myself!!:drool:

I did see the tattooed one

Raven
10-20-2010, 08:05 PM
i am equally astonished......... :hs:

you are now in Nebe's camp of practical jokester :jester:

after carefully weighing all my options i think it would be
prudent to unload all of my bigfish stock :soon:

gotta fly and call my broker

Nebe
10-20-2010, 08:07 PM
Moi!? A jokester? Nah. :hihi:

tattoobob
10-20-2010, 08:15 PM
I am also not on the Vineyard, and have never been there either

that call today was priceless Larry

striperman36
10-20-2010, 08:28 PM
I am also not on the Vineyard, and have never been there either

that call today was priceless Larry

Such impertinence, I cannot believe it.

Raven
10-20-2010, 08:30 PM
it's a total conspiracy....
i'm calling CNN :fury:

BigFish
10-20-2010, 08:31 PM
All you will get is an answering machine.....they are all over the Vineyard for some reason????:rotf2:

niko
10-20-2010, 08:32 PM
why have you never been to the vinyard

BigFish
10-20-2010, 08:33 PM
I keep getting lost and winding up on Cutty?

striperman36
10-20-2010, 08:37 PM
did you use a bicycle to get there

BigFish
10-20-2010, 08:39 PM
A bicycle......and my kayak!:uhuh:

striperman36
10-20-2010, 08:44 PM
sounds like that board paddler Piscator saw in the harbor the other week., you know, you could maybe think about making a recumbent out of the Hobie for getting to the location then flippin the drive unit in

saltydog
10-20-2010, 08:55 PM
LARRY nice work:rotf2: got'a love it:uhuh:sucked them in did 'ya.:smash: almost fell for it my self :soon: maby nextime.
be at the ditch Friday, got some plugs to swim maby they will even catch:huh:
GOOD LUCK GOOD PLUGGIN:cheers:

Pete F.
10-20-2010, 08:58 PM
Next weekend I'm gonna take the bike path to Block Island, anybody in?

GattaFish
10-20-2010, 09:51 PM
Next weekend I'm gonna take the bike path to Block Island, anybody in?

See you there,,, but it was lousy last weekend,,, For many that place has been the island of disappointment this fall,,,,,,,:uhuh:

Mike P
10-21-2010, 12:19 AM
For some reason everyone thinks I am and have been fishing on the Vineyard??? Truth is I have never been to the Vineyard!! I started that "Vineyard Is Hot" thread as a spot burn retort to that canal spot burn thread and I have been getting some funny e-mails and even phone calls from folks wanting to know where on the Vineyard I am getting all those fish I reported??? Got a call today from Julien that works at Larry's Bait and Tackle today wanting to know where I was getting into the fish!!!:rotf2::rotf2::rotf2: Pretty funny when I had to explain it to him!! (Nice talking with you Julien!):rotf2:

So....to sum up.....not on the Vineyard. Never been to the Vineyard. Hope to get there someday!:uhuh:

Let this be Exhibit A to those people who think that website fishing reports don't help burn spots. :doh:

BassDawg
10-21-2010, 02:09 AM
Let this be Exhibit A to those people who think that website fishing reports don't help burn spots. :doh:

AYYYYYYY MEN, my btutha!!
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

stiff tip
10-21-2010, 04:26 AM
so larrt did the gun go off in the canal or not ...r u talken in code ??????

BassDawg
10-21-2010, 04:58 AM
AWWWWWWLLLL

THEEEEEEEEEEEE

FEEEEEEEEEEESH

RRRRRRRRRRRRRR

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNN

~~~RRRRRHHHOHHHDE AYYYYYYE LAAAAAAAAND~~~

it's ALL ovah up HEEEEEEERE!! time to pack it IN, gents!!!
:bl: :bl: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :bl: :bl:

BassDawg
10-21-2010, 05:05 AM

YUP! well, Larry,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

this is certainly ONE way to, "Be the Report".

yet, not quite what i meant, bro! manufacturing reports???

bad juju, m'man,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,juju, is only slightly below MoJo.
in fact, they work together quite often. be careful, aren't you and
MoJo still working things out between you?

best of LUCK, shall we say?
:bl: :bl: :bl:

The Dad Fisherman
10-21-2010, 05:25 AM
You mean I should cancel my ticket on the ferry this morning...Geesh, Thanks Larry

STREETFIGHT
10-21-2010, 06:33 AM
good one Larry

Rockfish9
10-21-2010, 07:28 AM
ROTFLMAO...I looked at the thread once and smiled to myself....Never been there either.. never will go there either.

Larry you are a funny dude...and I thought I was bad smashing the water with a paddle, stripping line off my spool via the drag, duping people into stayin in a spot thinking that I was into fish so I could skulk off somewhere productive while they were concentrating on the phantom fish...

DZ
10-21-2010, 07:59 AM
I'm thinking this "deception" may have been very costly for some who took it for fact.

DZ

Fishoholic
10-21-2010, 08:13 AM
I'm thinking this "deception" may have been very costly for some who took it for fact.

DZ

Maybe they learned something then :smash:

Thumper
10-21-2010, 08:41 AM
You shoulda let it ride untill the weekend, awesome thread larry. There is nothing I hate more than report chasers and lazy a** fisherman. Well internet heros and tackle shops/fisherman that cry because there are hundreds of people fishing a spot, well maybe they shouldn't of burned it in their little fishing report. Brains are hard to come by these days, its just so much easier to let someone else do the work and capitalize on their success.

fishbones
10-21-2010, 08:58 AM

DZ

Really? How costly could it have been? Maybe some people took some time of from work and took the ferry over? Maybe some people got in their boats and ran to the Vineyard? Big deal. If someone was stupid enough to run to the Vineyard based on a report from BigFish on a fishing internet site, they got what they deserved. Especially, since anyone with half a brain who was paying attention to the thread, i.e. time it was started, etc... would have easily figured out it was done in jest. Beside, everyone knows that most of the fish leave the Vineyard just before the Derby gets started.

Swimmer
10-21-2010, 09:04 AM
Larry is just joking again. He is the only guy I know that the dune monsters dont bother with.

redlite
10-21-2010, 09:06 AM
No wonder I couldn't find you this mornin Larry. I walked around that whole island looking for you and asked about a hundred other people i encountered if they'd seen you and everyone else was lookin for you too.
But I did find the fish. It was slam zany. You missed it.

DZ
10-21-2010, 09:23 AM
I don’t condone spot burning or report chasing. The point I’m trying to make is that there are certain members and contributors on this site that are generally very reliable and truthful. When I read what these members say I believe it because I know them and they have a good reputation in my mind. To run a spot burn prank just to make a point you risk a reliable reputation and generally the reputation of striped-bass.com as a website.

The ramifications of running a spot burn prank are many. I know if Block Island was mentioned instead of the Vineyard and I happened to be on Block at the time I would have been just a little perturbed if buggies of guys showed up to crowd the island based on some joke. If the cape or Cutty had been mentioned some of the regulars there would have been in a tizzy. I’m sure some of the regulars on the Vineyard didn’t think it was funny. So a spot burn prank has impacts beyond sending report chasers on a wild goose chase. Just something to think about.

DZ

BassDawg
10-21-2010, 09:31 AM
Really? How costly could it have been? Maybe some people took some time of from work and took the ferry over? Maybe some people got in their boats and ran to the Vineyard? Big deal. If someone was stupid enough to run to the Vineyard based on a report from BigFish on a fishing internet site, they got what they deserved. Especially, since anyone with half a brain who was paying attention to the thread, i.e. time it was started, etc... would have easily figured out it was done in jest. Beside, everyone knows that most of the fish leave the Vineyard just before the Derby gets started.

BUT,

what if they are not as smart as you? or spent the last of their 2010 Stiperin' ducketts on trying to read between the lines??
perhaps hedging a bet, that maybe they shouldn't have wadgered in the first place!

i gotts it, too,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,yet, others may have missed it. kind of an expensive rouse, and may COST the Big Fella some future SALES??

~~~funny how that JuJu/Karma/MOJO Energy works~~~
:devil2: :uhuh: :wall: :uhuh: :wall: :uhuh: :devil2:

i am definitely with DZ on this one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:grins: :grins: :grins:

fishbones
10-21-2010, 09:56 AM
BUT,

what if they are not as smart as you? or spent the last of their 2010 Stiperin' ducketts on trying to read between the lines??
perhaps hedging a bet, that maybe they shouldn't have wadgered in the first place!

i gotts it, too,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,yet, others may have missed it. kind of an expensive rouse, and may COST the Big Fella some future SALES??

I don't know, BD. I'm pretty sure I'm the stupidest person on this site:) and I figured it out right away. I guess if I was already over there and throngs of people started showing up and crowded my space, I'd have been pissed. Thanks for pointing that out, DZ. I hadn't thought of the ramifications for the guys already on the island. I still think the Canal spot burn with the location of the fish pinpointed was worse, though. And Larry's sales won't suffer. There are plugbuilders out there that are real a-holes and their plugs are still in high demand because they catch fish. Not only is Larry a great guy, his plugs work and fishermen know it.

Fortunately for me, the spot where I'll be tonight is virtually impossible to burn. I'll be posting all about it in mid November, hopefully with some pics.:devil2:

Raven
10-21-2010, 10:08 AM
Fortunately for me, the spot where I'll be tonight is virtually impossible to burn. I'll be posting all about it in mid November, hopefully with some pics.:devil2:

if you need help burning that spot i am great with MAPS :grins:
GOOGLE earth
.... arrows, landmarks ....and odometer readings :uhuh:

Raven
10-21-2010, 10:13 AM
and as FAR as any Negative comments go... :huh:

the only thing that was "Lessoned" (besides the S-B forum readers :))

was the Romanticism of the QUEST and the Imagination of thinking
he's taken a Ferry to the magical Island of the LARGE.......

Other than that absolutely NOTHING has changed

Tight LINES BIGFISH ......... go gettum

redlite
10-21-2010, 10:17 AM
I don’t condone spot burning or report chasing. The point I’m trying to make is that there are certain members and contributors on this site that are generally very reliable and truthful. When I read what these members say I believe it because I know them and they have a good reputation in my mind. To run a spot burn prank just to make a point you risk a reliable reputation and generally the reputation of striped-bass.com as a website.

The ramifications of running a spot burn prank are many. I know if Block Island was mentioned instead of the Vineyard and I happened to be on Block at the time I would have been just a little perturbed if buggies of guys showed up to crowd the island based on some joke. If the cape or Cutty had been mentioned some of the regulars there would have been in a tizzy. I’m sure some of the regulars on the Vineyard didn’t think it was funny. So a spot burn prank has impacts beyond sending report chasers on a wild goose chase. Just something to think about.

DZ

Fine, then I'll come clean too. I really didn't float down the middle of the canal or swim to MV. Or look for Larry. There are never fish near where he is anyhow.
I have fished twice, for about 10 hours since columbus day.
Done.

BigFish
10-21-2010, 10:17 AM

DZ

If anyone took it for fact and it cost them....then it serves them right!:uhuh:

UserRemoved1
10-21-2010, 10:19 AM
It's almost winter.

BigFish
10-21-2010, 10:20 AM

DZ

Thats why I mentioned the Vineyard. Nobody is left there and the fishing has been sucky....ero the meat of the joke! Its true if people were paying attention there would be no confusion...people only see what they want to see!

BTW.....Vineyard was not good this am!!!:rotf2:

BigFish
10-21-2010, 10:23 AM
BUT,

Look I make no bones about it BD.....people don't want to buy my plugs...truthfully.....I could not care less. I won't be PC for anyone.

eelskimmer
10-21-2010, 10:38 AM
Redlite,
You didn't tell the whole story. I was there too
at Squibby as you came streaming thru looking for
Larry. You missed the big guys in the parking lot
with big clubs who were also looking for Bigfish.
He had better get his mojo back in good order soon.
PS Hit the fish BIG TIME/.:smash:

eelskimmer
10-21-2010, 10:39 AM
Oh My God I just burned a spot.

Rockfish9
10-21-2010, 11:12 AM
I personaly LOVE it... if one wants to fish than go fish...dont wait until you see someone post that the bite is on...most reports are not worth the paper they are typed on or the time that it takes to type them... I cannot count the nights I have caught bass... big bass.. until my arms ached, when all the plum Island reports said the fishing sucks... those in the know, NEVER talk about hot fishing over the net... or even in public.... most only tell a few select friends.. and only then after they have them under penalty of death... most of the sharpies I know would give up their wives before they give up a fishing spot that is producing..... if someone actualy went out to the vinyard on a hot fishing post.. I hope you enjoyed yourself... fishing isn't always about catching fish... my best night ever was a night i got skunked... it was something special about that night.. the solotude... just the feeling of being alive.. I hated to see the sun come up... that was over 30 years ago... I remember it like it was yesterday......it didnt take alot of common sense to know it was a Big Fish Sham.... an awesome one at that!

BigFish
10-21-2010, 11:26 AM
Sham-WOW!!!:rotf2:

This thread was obviously an attempt by me to become an attention whore!! How did I do???:rotf2:

Rockfish9
10-21-2010, 11:30 AM

This thread was obviously an attempt by me to become an attention whore!! How did I do???:rotf2:

Because you're a big guy.. big guy's draw attention.. if your were a little $*#^ like me.. no one would notice you!:grins:

Swimmer
10-21-2010, 12:30 PM

Absolutely shameless. A pathetic slut.

I understand DZ, but your point isn't valid when after reading the Stripermaniac's spot burn post, andthen Larrys parody and everything becomes crystal clear.

Besides I find it hard to imagine Ron fishing the canal. On the Vineyard I only saw him kibbitzing on the Wharf with the rest of the rats.

I will say this Ron took the time to attend a televised public at the MVC headquarters to support the fisherman/womans wharf to be built north odf the Oak Bluffs ferry dock. He and Hawkeye, Lou Zgoblicki, and Paul O'Donnall were just a few off-islanders, slash wash-ashores that were kind enough to attend.

zimmy
10-21-2010, 12:57 PM
Just as an FYI... Paul S has never been to the Vineyard either :devil2::rotf2:

UserRemoved1
10-21-2010, 01:21 PM
DZ said it well and more loquaciously than I would have.

it's officially winter. The attention whore alert has been elevated to Orange. imminent threat. :hee:

tdf didn't like me sac :wave:

OLD GOAT
10-21-2010, 01:57 PM
Hey Rock -my kind of fun.
Passing someone my rod and telling them not to slack off with the pressure[hung up on bottom]and have them hold it for a couple of minutes.
Making a long tournament cast on the beach and having your line cross over a couple of dead sticking rods while the dead stickers are siting on the sand yakking away. Then giving a small yank on my line so that they think they have a nibble. They get up and take-up the slack and go back and sit down then i give a little yank and cause their clicker to sound.
AFTER THEY WISE UP I END UP BREAKING CAMP AND RUNING LIKE HECK. All in good fun when your bored

FISHING_FOOL
10-21-2010, 02:05 PM

A+ :rotf2:

BigFish
10-21-2010, 02:14 PM
#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& is just jealous because I have taken his spotlight!:rotf2:

UserRemoved1
10-21-2010, 02:25 PM
yea that must be it. :yawn:

BigFish
10-21-2010, 02:25 PM
:devil2:

Pete F.
10-21-2010, 03:45 PM
In the early 70s I worked at Killington, that particular year was terrible for snow it would snow then change to rain, rocks and ice everywhere. This was before snowmaking was mountainwide, at that time it was mostly on snowshed and the glades, if I remember correctly. Well anyways with our brains organically enhanced, a friend of mine and I came up with the brilliant idea of starting a rumor about the big noreaster that would start the next day and was forecasted to bring 3 feet of snow. Needless to say by the end of the day everyone in the liftline was talking about it, and it livened up all the bars that night. We laughed about that for the rest of the winter.
Probably some poor guy came up skiing and was disappointed by the conditions though. Sorry DZ, if it was you :)

Mike P
10-21-2010, 04:19 PM
Look at it this way---you might have helped the SSA reduce their chronic deficit. :rotf2:

numbskull
10-21-2010, 05:04 PM
The Vineyard is a poor place to fish in late October? :rollem:

tattoobob
10-21-2010, 06:27 PM
Your very sly Larry, I know when I am catching fish and don't want anyone to know where I always tell them a different location

so this seems to be working for you

BassDawg
10-21-2010, 07:00 PM
I don't know, BD. I'm pretty sure I'm the stupidest person on this site:) and I figured it out right away. I guess if I was already over there and throngs of people started showing up and crowded my space, I'd have been pissed. Thanks for pointing that out, DZ. I hadn't thought of the ramifications for the guys already on the island. I still think the Canal spot burn with the location of the fish pinpointed was worse, though. And Larry's sales won't suffer. There are plugbuilders out there that are real a-holes and their plugs are still in high demand because they catch fish. Not only is Larry a great guy, his plugs work and fishermen know it.

A) if what he did was so EZ to finger out, then why THIS thread??

B) i never said that Larry's plugs don't catch, or that he was an A$$, simply stating the dynamix of Karma,,,,,,,,

C) perfectly good products get boycotted ALL the time!

just a different take on his JOKE, these things can back-fire,,,,,,,,,,
he DID get calls, didn't he? and therein lies yer "deception" to use DZ's word. oh what tangled webs we weave~~~

BigFish
10-21-2010, 07:02 PM
In Answer to A.) Because people are not bright....they see the signs but they do not read them.:)

Boycott away kiddies!:devil2:

Raven
10-21-2010, 07:29 PM
brains organically enhanced

gotta love it

Raven
10-21-2010, 07:31 PM
It's almost winter.

32 degrees is cold enough to call it a good start even though it's a ways off...

i think saturday afternoon i will play with the snow blower though :uhuh:

hopefully the friggan fruit flies will have died.

joe the plumber
10-21-2010, 08:35 PM
Just my 2 cents here.....

I believed Larry's report of a blitz on MV and even spread the word amongst those I fish with.They in turn believed me...

I do not participate on this site on a daily basis so therefore I am somewhat "out of the loop".I believed this report simply because I had no reason not to.I now know better.

For what its worth I am not angry or anything like that.Just a little disapointed because I look like a bit of a jerk in front of my fishing friends.We don't play these kind of jokes.....

Joe

BigFish
10-21-2010, 08:51 PM
Lesson learned......do not follow reports! Find your fish!:uhuh:

Boy this thread turned out to be very telling???

joe the plumber
10-21-2010, 08:58 PM
I never said I was following the report......

BassDawg
10-21-2010, 09:03 PM
Look I make no bones about it BD.....people don't want to buy my plugs...truthfully.....I could not care less. I won't be PC for anyone.

Doood, who said anything about being PC?

my comments relate entirely to the inherent laws of MOJO!

my record with regard to Political Correctness is well documented~~~

Green Light
10-21-2010, 09:07 PM
Too funny. "Don't believe everything you read" :)

Sparfish
10-21-2010, 09:41 PM
Lesson learned......do not follow reports! Find your fish!:uhuh:

Boy this thread turned out to be very telling???

Sure was... and I learned the proper term for my condition... Organically Enhanced! That alone was worth reading all of the nuns waging their over-righteous rods at Big Fish. I have the feeling he burned any of his MOJO/Karma/JuJu a long time ago, so I am sure it is of no concern to him. :yak5:

I'm a Gibbs/Chub Creek/Rap guy, but after posting this, I am checking out the gear he makes and going to give them a try. Anyone who can rile up this many Salty Dawgs has to make a lure that riles up Salty fish! :jump1:

My spot has 6-8 people deep night after night. Maybe Big Fish can help me find a way to chase them away :wall: Think if I walked out and put a big search light on them and the water they would all go away? Or maybe I should just start selling them burgers and beer. :buds:

UserRemoved1
10-22-2010, 04:35 AM
:claps:

Just my 2 cents here.....

I believed Larry's report of a blitz on MV and even spread the word amongst those I fish with.They in turn believed me...

I do not participate on this site on a daily basis so therefore I am somewhat "out of the loop".I believed this report simply because I had no reason not to.I now know better.

For what its worth I am not angry or anything like that.Just a little disapointed because I look like a bit of a jerk in front of my fishing friends.We don't play these kind of jokes.....

Joe

TheSurfcaster
10-22-2010, 07:47 AM
I was on the Vineyard - back now to the outer cc beaches. I've had better trips and I've had worse. No fifties, forties or even thirties. But there was action. Will I hit it again? No, not this year but next year? yes I will.

The way I figure this "spot burning" thing is that by the time people hear /read of a place on fire - it's generally over by the time they get there. I do a lot of beach fishing. When I come across some action it won't stay long and moves on within an hour especially with all the seals constantly in the area. I remember reading the Friday Fishing Reports in the Boston Herald many years ago. They sure did tease you with those. So read all you want newspapers, internet and weekly magazines by the time you get there they will be gone.

Today it's just to darn cold for me. My hands spent more time in my pockets keeping warm than trying to fish. A big change from yesterday when it was great, warm sunny and no wind.

whiplash
10-22-2010, 10:33 AM
LOL Great Job Larry!! Lifes too short folks lighten up! If you went to MV and didn't get fish its not Larrys fault do your homework before you leave. Mid october is decent fishing over there just wasn't your day. Karma? I wouldn't worry Larry Karma has a sense of humor to. Boycott a good plug builder only ruins your game not his. Lighten up - got me going - not having time or $ I went to where there's no fish thats close to home and scored nicely . Will be going again this weekend all I gotta do is score some Big Fish Plugs

BassDawg
10-22-2010, 02:23 PM
LOL Great Job Larry!! Lifes too short folks lighten up! If you went to MV and didn't get fish its not Larrys fault do your homework before you leave. Mid october is decent fishing over there just wasn't your day. Karma? I wouldn't worry Larry Karma has a sense of humor to. Boycott a good plug builder only ruins your game not his. Lighten up - got me going - not having time or $ I went to where there's no fish thats close to home and scored nicely . Will be going again this weekend all I gotta do is score some Big Fish Plugs

like comparing apples and oranges, my friend~~

there is a HUGE difference between making the choice on your own,
and the fish not being there,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,as opposed to

following what you were duped into believing was GOOD intell;
since, by most accounts, Larry is such a GOOD guy, GOOD builder, GOOD, GOOD, GOOOOOOD!!

i'm all for joking around and having a good time, mostly at my own expense,,,,,,,,,,,,,and generally, NOT, at the loss of others. but, that's just how we are different, i guess?

funny how Larry is completely without FAULT, applauded, and encoruaged even,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and not copable in the least.

this is the kind of MOJO i don't want,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

"if you listened to my BS and got burned, then screw you! how'd that lesson feel? and next time you won't follow a report, will you? you bumbling, lame-arsed, lurking, IDIOT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you just got served and got what you and others like you deserve anyways!! get over it!!"

i'm DONE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just my take on what went down!

whiplash
10-22-2010, 02:38 PM
It's fishing-lighten up or I'll burn every little hidy hole on Cape Ann
I lived there 21 years:rtfm:

piemma
10-22-2010, 02:57 PM
Here I am working 18 hour days in Las Vegas reading your posts at 1 AM when I get back to my room. I am saying to myself, That (*(&^&%!!! He has all the luck!

What a great joke!:rotf2:

whiplash
10-22-2010, 03:09 PM
It's going to be a long winter

JackK
10-22-2010, 03:15 PM
So wait, does this mean there aren't any fish on the vineyard??

Swimmer
10-22-2010, 03:37 PM
"if you listened to my BS and got burned, then screw you! how'd that lesson feel? and next time you won't follow a report, will you? you bumbling, lame-arsed, lurking, IDIOT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you just got served and got what you and others like you deserve anyways!! get over it!!"

Someone is just a tad touchy today.

When I was on the Vineyard for twelve days, leaving the 16th, one of the best days was the day I located in all my gear three Bigfish Prey that I hadn't seen in months. I wish I had several more to add to the seven or eight I allready own and use.

whiplash
10-22-2010, 03:41 PM
He must have missed his meds

BassDawg
10-23-2010, 10:03 AM
hey Swimmah~~~

you forgot the line before that commentary,,,,,,,,,,,,

this is the kind of MOJO i don't want,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

"if you listened to my BS and got burned, then screw you! how'd that lesson feel? and next time you won't follow a report, will you? you bumbling, lame-arsed, lurking, IDIOT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you just got served and got what you and others like you deserve anyways!! get over it!!", said BFishin' Larry in sooooo many words!

at least keep me in context, will ya??
:grins: :grins: :grins:

BigFish
10-23-2010, 10:08 AM
Keep ME in context BD! You take what you want from what people say and twist it to suit yourself. I was not that crass......though if people followed any erroneous reports then you get what you deserve.....thats what I said.:uhuh: If people were reading what was posted throughout the thread BD......they would have gotten it.....but people do not read posts they just see them. There is a difference.

BassDawg
10-23-2010, 10:17 AM
It's fishing-lighten up or I'll burn every little hidy hole on Cape Ann
I lived there 21 years:rtfm:

ewwww! i shudder to think it!

but THEN,,,,,,,,,,,,,,how would you be able to Chair the next BLarry's pity potty?
i mean, being a consumate SPOT burner of such epic proportions?!
besides,,,,,,,,,,,,,,everybody already knows where i feesh.

the WHOLE Other Cape, really?? you best get started~~
but, it should help to shorten your Winter somewhat.

Cape Ann is wide open and welcome to ALL who dare to park there! and i am more than happy to share
her rocks with those that care to join me. Sept's New ain't that fir away, whippy!
:cool: :cool: :cool:

BigFish
10-23-2010, 10:22 AM
Also for the record......I did not post that thread to throw anyone off or cause anyone any angst! Thats why I took the "High Road" with this thread to let people know that unfortunately they may have missed the joke.

Jenn
10-23-2010, 10:39 AM
I honestly couldnt read this whole thread (or the other if there was one...I am not even sure) but by the jist of things I got out of the few replies I could read I am glad I didnt waste my time with the rest. And I dont mean that in the "because I would have followed a false report" sense....I mean that in the sense that I am glad I (literally) did not waste 15 minutes of my life reading nonsense!

oh and My apologies to any of you that just wasted a minute of you life reading my response!

BassDawg
10-23-2010, 11:17 AM
He must have missed his meds

i hear ya whiplash, and THANKS; but, i've taken my medicine the last 3 nights ~~via El SkunkO!

still hoping for that FAC, BAM(brighta$$moon), NBIS(nobaitinsight) monstah that lurks beneath me obstinate offerings,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
:wall: :wall: :wall:

i usually try to see BOTH sides of the equation, m'man. and i don't play favorites. all told, objectivity does have it's price!

quite simply, in my humble belief system, reaping and sowing are as reel and as regular as the sun that also rises on ALL of God's people.

shore felt like WINTER,,,,,,,,,,,last night, gents!!
:doh: :doh: :doh:

BassDawg
10-23-2010, 11:45 AM
it's cooool, Big Larry~~~

the above was being posted whilest and unawares of yer last two posts and in response to Senor whiplash.

i KNOW that it wasn't yer intent to BURN anyone,,,,,,,,,,

yet, with such a following as yours~~~

or, as has been said by someone much wiser than ALL of us.

"To whom much has been given, much is required."

no hard feelings, there, eh Big Fella Larry? and you KNOW how i love a good discussion, right? PEACE, Dooood!
:gh: :gh: :gh:

BigFish
10-23-2010, 11:49 AM
Peace Out BD!! Me need getum' fishie! Season run short like most fish I catch lately.....needum large!:uhuh:

MAKAI
10-23-2010, 12:03 PM
Apropos of nothing. that's why my remark a bout pulling the legs off spiders, it was easy to notice that this was a spoof. 40 # bass surrounding the island, attacking anything thrown at them , c'mon.
:biglaugh: