View Full Version : first tog trip

RIJIMMY
10-24-2010, 06:12 PM
was successful!
Havent fished for these since I was a kid and that was from shore. I wanted to avoid the crowds and scouted out some rocky areas I fish w/eels for bass at night. Anchored in 18ft, as soon as I dropped the crab, hit, stole my bait twice, next hit, fish was in the boat. I was fishing for less than 10 mins. Bite stopped, moved a few hundred yard and as soon as the crab hit the bottom, another fish and then one right after that. It was nuts, I had 3 keepers in less than an hour, caught no shorts. I had plenty for dinner so I called it quits after that and went looking for bluefish.
Came home and cleaned them up. Fried em with egg dip and panko bread crumbs. Have enough for 3 meals! DELICIOUS !!!Thanks for the tips and advice from guys out here. I was psyched I found them in a spot I had found myself, there were a ton of boats out there today!

striperman36
10-24-2010, 06:16 PM
Glad you had success! they are excellent eating fish and are really a tussle to get to the boat

Raider Ronnie
10-24-2010, 06:24 PM
Nice Jimmy
I'll be eating it a few nights this week :uhuh:

BigFish
10-24-2010, 06:26 PM
Never had them! They look like they taste amazing! Congrats RIJ!:drool:

niko
10-24-2010, 06:28 PM
larry if you want some fillets swing by the house. congrats jimmy, they are tons of fun

Clammer
10-24-2010, 06:38 PM
congrats Jimmy

I saw more boats out fishing today than I did on [any] day this summer ><><><><

what was even better was a day with no wind .. & the blowboats couldn,t come out & play ><><><:jump1:

InTheHole
10-24-2010, 06:50 PM
Great job, pound for pound one of the best fighting ( and best tasting ) fish in our waters. Enjoy!!

RIJIMMY
10-24-2010, 06:52 PM
congrats Jimmy

I saw more boats out fishing today than I did on [any] day this summer ><><><><

what was even better was a day with no wind .. & the blowboats couldn,t come out & play ><><><:jump1:

The past few weekends have been blown to hell so I think everyone made a run for it today. The fish were awesome, you should try eating them larry. I had to freeze some, had too much.

paradoxjim
10-25-2010, 10:31 AM
My boat has been out for weeks - too much school work to allow for recreation! Saturday night was the first time in my life that I saw blackfish on a restaurant menu. I had to order it and it was great. Next year will be better; I'll be finishing my MBA this spring!

Got Stripers
10-25-2010, 02:38 PM
Sick all weekend, it killed me to step outside Sunday and not feel a breath of air; just new the bay was flat as a pancake. Figures the fall BLEW and I miss the tog-a-thon due to an internal storm. Oh well, maybe I can still hook a ride with one of these SB tog masters before the season ends.