View Full Version : Barney Frank debate

Jim in CT
10-25-2010, 02:46 PM
Recently, Rep Barney Frank debated his republican challenger, Sean Bielat. The debate was moderated by Emily Rooney, you can watch it on youtube (I can't post the link from work).

Watching this debate, it amazes me that anyone could possibly vote for Frank. I have voted democrat before, I'm not brainwashed or anything. I just don't get, though, how anyone could possibly vote for Frank. Bielat was hardly allowed to speak at all, but when he did, he just gutted Frank like a fish.

JohnR
10-25-2010, 05:30 PM
I think this is the one you are referring to: YouTube - WRKO Congressional Debate pt. 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFeEDfb_ZZw)

I wish everyone could watch this

Hey Sean, please move to RI - thanks!

Piscator
11-02-2010, 08:29 AM
Seriously though. lets get down to issues at hand and real questions.

Before you vote, I ask you this; in his career, who took more balls of the chin?

Johnny Bench or Barney Frank?

JohnR
11-02-2010, 09:45 AM
Seriously though. lets get down to issues at hand and real questions.

Before you vote, I ask you this; in his career, who took more balls of the chin?

Johnny Bench or Barney Frank?

And the relevance to whats good for our country is?

RIROCKHOUND
11-02-2010, 09:51 AM
And the relevance to whats good for our country is?

Nothing. just another homophobe.

Piscator
11-02-2010, 10:18 AM
You guys need to lighten up. It's something called a joke. That's another thing wrong with this country. Can't joke about anything. People on edge all the time (can't say this, can't do that....jeeze).

Not a homophobe either (I'm actually a lesbian :rotf2:).

You guys can go on haveing threads about chicks breasts and a little joke like that gets comments. Serious?

JohnR
11-02-2010, 10:39 AM
Not necessarily homophobic, 'twas a funny joke a few years back that has been squashed by the PC police. "What has hit more balls than Yastremski's bat? ...."

In the context related to the election, not an issue for me.

Reportedly, the mayor of my town (R) is gay, and I've voted for him the past several elections. Gasp, could it be a gay republican mayor ?

Piscator - I had this typed out before getting a tech support call ;) - If it is a joke, use a smiley :tooth: - helps reduce some of the ambiguity of the interblab...

As for Fwank, vote him out.

RIJIMMY
11-02-2010, 10:51 AM
I voted for Sean this morning, I've heard that Brookline had a suprising number of Bielat signs, one can only hope. Its a stretch but he just may do it.

Bronko
11-02-2010, 11:03 AM
Joe Battenfeld on Tom & Tom this morning predicted a Baker victory and a Bielat victory, he is a pretty knowledgable guy. Obviously it is super early but voter turnout is very high in the suburbs and traditionally Rebulican areas. I just love the voter energy and excitement. The people will be heard today.

Raven
11-02-2010, 11:33 AM
So Frank can apply for a position at the company.

Piscator
11-02-2010, 11:43 AM
Not necessarily homophobic, 'twas a funny joke a few years back that has been squashed by the PC police. "What has hit more balls than Yastremski's bat? ...."

Piscator - I had this typed out before getting a tech support call ;) - If it is a joke, use a smiley :tooth: - helps reduce some of the ambiguity of the interblab...

As for Fwank, vote him out.

JohnR, I will be sure to use the a smiley :tooth: in the future.

I know it was an old joke but though it help get a laugh out.

On a serious note, I hope Frank gets voted out for his record and his opinions on how he feels government should be run, not by his similarities to Bench or Yastremski. Off to the polls now. Check you guys later.

scottw
11-02-2010, 01:08 PM
JohnR, I will be sure to use the a smiley :tooth: in the future.

sometimes it's fun to leave them off and watch the knee-jerk reactions ...

vineyardblues
11-02-2010, 01:43 PM
Barney will collect un employeement for 99 weeks when he should be in jail...can he collect :)

fishbones
11-02-2010, 02:02 PM
Barney will collect un employeement for 99 weeks when he should be in jail...can he collect :)

He might actually enjoy jail.

:tooth:

Sorry, I tried to resist but just couldn't. At least I used the smiley face thing to let everyone know it was a joke.

likwid
11-02-2010, 08:37 PM
Rain on your wedding day.

Barney Frank (D) 63%
Sean Bielat (R) 35%

as of 59% reporting.

striperman36
11-02-2010, 09:14 PM
NFC
who's voting@@