View Full Version : CSI Truro

UserRemoved1
10-25-2010, 05:34 PM
Authorities seek shooter of Truro grey seal | CapeCodOnline.com (http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20101025/NEWS11/101029830)

:hidin: Use 3 shots next time dummy

JohnnyD
10-25-2010, 05:43 PM
Wonderful. One more toolfor the treehugging idiots to use in order to prevent us from using the beaches.

flyvice11787
10-25-2010, 05:57 PM
Should of used one of them high powered guns. One round would of done the deed.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PRBuzz
10-25-2010, 06:02 PM
Where is a Great White when you need one (to finish off the evidence)?

Adam_777
10-25-2010, 06:53 PM
They should just sell the EZ seal Humane euthanization kit and we wouldn't have had this problem.The seal would have been killed humanely.:wall:

Rappin Mikey
10-25-2010, 08:11 PM
okay it was me. just kidding, the only seal I had a shot at was the one trapped in the Charles. I believe bugs said "Penguins is practically chickens":drool:

nightfighter
10-25-2010, 08:16 PM
I almost got two yesterday. Bringing the boat around to the ramp, last run of the year, WOT. 30 KTs through a field of lobster pots. Two seals pop their heads out right ahead of me.... Throttled back fast... Saw one on the sounder screen, it was that close. Can't believe I didn't get one of them.....

redlite
10-26-2010, 08:31 AM
How the hell do they know that this particular seal was last seen alive and well at Great Point in Nantucket???? There are thousands of them out there. Does this one have something that makes it easily identifiable, like a hot pink mohawk or something???

zimmy
10-26-2010, 09:43 AM
Does this one have something that makes it easily identifiable, like a hot pink mohawk or something???

Great point, not P-Town... It was wearing a Berber scarf for bandages around its mug.

numbskull
10-26-2010, 11:35 AM
Does it strike anyone else that the very fact there are people employed to watch seals, do necropsies on them, and that they have multi-million dollar resources to do it (ie a CT scanner) indicates the average American feels it is worthwhile to do so........and that that same public sentiment will likely screw us when Marine Protected Areas show up on the table?

Rockfish9
10-26-2010, 11:42 AM
The shame of it all is more effort will be used to find out who shot the seal than will be put forth for any one of the many murders/shootings of human beings that have plauged boston and vicinity recently..

redlite
10-26-2010, 11:48 AM
The shame of it all is more effort will be used to find out who shot the seal than will be put forth for any one of the many murders/shootings of human beings that have plauged boston and vicinity recently..

touche

Adam_777
10-26-2010, 03:10 PM
If they paid 5 dollars a snout I'm sure the seals wouldn't last but a few weeks.The cape would sound like the damn war.I'm sure someone would lob grenades just because we all know it would be fun.It would be an absolute bloodbath for the seals and a win situation for the local commercial and recreational fisherman.These overpopulated evasive nasty creatures steal food from our family's and kids mouths.I say we bait traps with poisoned plovers for the seals to eat.

pmueller
10-26-2010, 03:20 PM
Does it strike anyone else that the very fact there are people employed to watch seals, do necropsies on them, and that they have multi-million dollar resources to do it (ie a CT scanner) indicates the average American feels it is worthwhile to do so........and that that same public sentiment will likely screw us when Marine Protected Areas show up on the table?

IDK, maybe if we explain the alleged seal stole 3 bassmasters then broke a custom Lami, don't you think they would sympathize???

Pete F.
10-26-2010, 03:44 PM
Just bring all the stray/wild dogs to the beach, or fish with bunker chunks innoculated with distemper virus. The seal problem will be gone soon after.

Sweetwater
10-26-2010, 05:14 PM
Looking for help from the public to ID the shooter? :rotf3:

Backbeach Jake
10-26-2010, 06:27 PM

Our resources are wasted in ways unimaginable. People go wanting while funds are spent so some arse in a wetsuit can weep over a dying seal or dolphin. Mr. or MS. wetsuit wouldn't give another human the time of day. Our species is a mess. Bring back the bounty so some folks can have a job and improve the fishery. The average American is so very far removed from Nature that it's amazing. Next time you see me ask me to tell the "Tree Hugger Story" it's true and funny as hell.

MAKAI
10-26-2010, 06:42 PM
F%#@ing earthy crunchy stare at the sun tribe.
God help me, I hate environmentalist , can we just feed them all to the lions ?