View Full Version : Paint spitting

dannyplug1
10-26-2010, 09:30 PM
Went to spray some needles with createx Purple pearl paint. The paint did not spray well at all it. Do you think it would spray better if it was thinned? Do you think all pearl createx paints have to be thinned? I use a badger compressor is it possible that the compressor does not have enough pressure? thanks charlie

Slipknot
10-26-2010, 09:50 PM
1 pressure
2 thin enough paint
3 temperature

I find that createx absolutely has to be above 70 degrees or more

maybe the paint is old?:confused:

good luck

Grapenuts
10-27-2010, 05:57 AM
the number one reason why your gun is spitting is because your gun is clogged up...the tiny strings/bits of dried paint in your paint bottle gets suxed into your gun...all paint[unless brand new] should be strained...take a tea bag strainer and pour your paint through it..when thats done put the strainer in water and lighty swirl it around..look in the strainer..you'll fine tiny bits of dried paint,this comes from opening and closing the paint letting air in..the paint dries around the inside of the lid..then when you shake the bottle to use the paint it brakes off and mixes with the good paint...get in the habbit of straining your paints before they go into the gun and you'll find the spitting problem will go away.

ProfessorM
10-27-2010, 08:02 AM
I concur with the straining. Nutin more aggravating to have to keep cleaning that crap out of the gun, nozzle and needle, while you are trying to paint.

dannyplug1
10-27-2010, 11:24 AM
Thanks will try the tea bag strainer where can you get one. I work at a hardware store and will look here. When you thin createx is there a thinner they sell or do you use water or the brush cleaner? I really appreciate the help. When you are doing two colors how long does createx take to dry so you can put on the other color? can you speed this up with a heat gun? thanks charlie

Grapenuts
10-27-2010, 11:37 AM
//never thin your paints with water or brush cleaner....liquitex airbrush medium is what you need...art stores carry it.
//always heat set your paints...one coat at a time..it only takes seconds.then paint on another coat...heat-paint repete till done.