View Full Version : Chatham B+T

Little Round
10-27-2010, 06:39 AM
Chatham Bait and Tackle is closing sunday for good. They have everything almost 40/50% off and still have some decent stuff. It sucks that another lower cape shop will be gone.

JohnR
10-27-2010, 06:55 AM
This does suck.

bart
10-28-2010, 03:23 PM
that does suck. We rent a house in Chatham every year and I would always go in and talk to the owner. Nice guy. It's too bad the seals ruined the inshore fishery. I miss fishing Chatham :(

pmueller
10-28-2010, 04:04 PM
I'm with you man, I miss fishing Chatham, the bay, Monomoy, you name it.

BigFish
10-28-2010, 04:54 PM
How about Orleans to P-town?? I miss it!!

robc22
10-28-2010, 05:48 PM
Soon all that will be left is bass pro and walmart.........the new age, corporate way...........:bs:

MarshCappa
10-28-2010, 08:46 PM
Never been in the store but it's still news i don't like to hear.

Green Light
10-28-2010, 08:48 PM
Soon all that will be left is bass pro and walmart.........the new age, corporate way...........:bs:

robc22, I thought that too once. But, the more that I think about it, I think that there will always be small shops/vendors. The Mega stores are only interested in carrying the every day items that sell; not niche or speciality items. I do not think Walmart will ever carry VS or ZB. Does Bass pro stock Surfasylum plugs?

But, this economic storm will definitely take out some of our best shops. I think that after the storm passes, we will have fewer shops, but they will be high in quality.

I personally make it a point to shop at our New England Bait and Tackle Shops whenever possible.

My $0.02.

robc22
10-28-2010, 09:58 PM
robc22, I thought that too once. But, the more that I think about it, I think that there will always be small shops/vendors. The Mega stores are only interested in carrying the every day items that sell; not niche or speciality items. I do not think Walmart will ever carry VS or ZB. Does Bass pro stock Surfasylum plugs?

But, this economic storm will definitely take out some of our best shops. I think that after the storm passes, we will have fewer shops, but they will be high in quality.

I personally make it a point to shop at our New England Bait and Tackle Shops whenever possible.
My $0.02.

:claps::claps::claps::claps::claps:

Mr. Sandman
10-29-2010, 07:35 AM
Sad, very sad to see these smaller shops close...I think many others will succumb in coming years......the mega stores will fill the bulk of the need while the internet will fill the speciality market. It is nice to get stuff cheap but there is a human element to the story that will be gone. It is nice to actually talk to someone face to face that has first hand info.

Ever talk fishing to someone in wal-mart?...they know where what isle the diapers are but they don't know where the last bass blitz was.

Swimmer
10-29-2010, 08:03 AM
Ever talk fishing to someone in wal-mart?...they know where what isle the diapers are but they don't know where the last bass blitz was.

Ever talk anything with someone from Walmart? I asked a guy, young guy, a short time ago if they had any Dave Mathhews CD's. He didn't know who Dave Mathhews was.

I spoke with a sales rep at Bass Pro this summer, and asked him why they don't have lures produced in this area that are so popular, ie; made by people here on this site. He had heard of them and used them himself, but he also said it took him two years to get corporate to order deadly #^&#^&#^&#^&s!

Thumper
10-29-2010, 08:11 AM
Next time your in walmart ask if they know where the cordless extension cords are.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device